“Modern hotel, close to wineries”

SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I recently attended a conference in Temecula and stayed two nights at this hotel. First off, what a wonderful staff! Everyone I interacted with on all days, either for checking in or for questions, etc... was super happy and helpful. That always is appreciated. The hotel was very clean and modern looking both in the lobby area and in the rooms. They offered a free breakfast, however I did not end up eating there. I did check it out, lots of pastries, cereals, fruits and free coffee.

The room was very spacious and included a mini fridge for personal items. Bathroom setup for a two queen had a separate bath and toilet area, which is good if you're sharing a room with someone.

My only issue was that you could hear a lot of noise from the hallways/other rooms. If you're a light sleeper (which I am), this could be an issue. I also was right by the elevator, so a lot of foot traffic right there.

Otherwise, a very nice stay. Close to the wineries and right next to a major freeway so it's not out of the way to get to.

Room Tip: Rooms facing parking lot are quieter than those facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 weeks, and it was very good. We have stayed at several other similar hotels along the 15 freeway in Temecula/Murrieta, and this one was certainly the best of them.

- Front desk staff were helpful and check in went smoothly
- Hotel facilities are clean and well maintained. There is both an indoor and outdoor pool and a small gym, as well as laundry. The room was clean and beds comfortable.
- Free breakfast isn't too bad, almost healthy, with wholewheat bread and fruit available

Room Tip: -Choose a suite on the top floor with a shower, as the shower rooms are on the inside (not freeway s...
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This Springhill Suites has a more modern décor than others I've stayed at. Check in was fast, room clean, beds comfortable. I'd recommend this hotel. Located next to the freeway but I did not notice any road noise.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Next time I return to Temecula, I will definitely stay at SpringHill Suites. Initially, I thought I had made reservations, but when I called to confirm, I had not (my fault). Chrissy, the manager, worked with me and found us rooms for the night at an affordable rate, even though there were only a few rooms left. It could have been a disaster, as I had relatives coming in to join me. Everything we asked for was delivered right away, and the evening reception and breakfasts were really good. We used the pullout bed and the staff brought a softer pad so it would be more comfortable. Love that the bath is split. Makes it a little easier to get ready when there are a few people. We all thought customer service was outstanding. We were not on the highway side, so I can't comment on the noise, but the view from pullout bed was the mountains. Overall, an excellent stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
shstemecula, Manager at SpringHill Suites Temecula Valley Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It was my pleasure assisting you with your reservation. I'm so glad you were able to stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments as it is much appreciated. My team works very hard to try and deliver the best guest experience possible, thank you for acknowledging this. We hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This property is run by vibrant, happy and helpful staff. Rooms have been upgraded and boasts the best of everything. Two sinks in each suite, separate toilet from shower and sink area. Beds were amazing and we were treated to a complimentary happy hourThursday night where 3 wines from the wine area were served.

The only reason I did not assign an excellent rating is that the property backs (east side) onto the freeway. We specifically requested a west facing room but spoke with a couple whose bed vibrated every time a transport truck went by. Be sure to request a room facing west (furthest away from the highway)

Room Tip: West or south facing away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We toured the hotel for a possible stay with group pricing and space for an October Wedding. The modern feel to the lobby and rooms pleased my daughter's age group. The all suites room were very spacious and pleasing. We will definitely be putting this high on the list.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank cindy r
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Walking in, the front desk staff greeted me with a smile. Coffee & hot water is always available in the lobby. Got my room quickly, was told of the evening 'happy hour' (bud lite & wine, 5-7 Mon-Thurs) and breakfast times (6:30-9), which is pretty standard for Springhill.

Room was clean, and modern. The shower had two extra waist high sprayers, not really sure what they were for. The main shower head was a rain style, but it had some fine mineral build-up on the tiny nozzles. Some didn't spray and others had barely any water coming out. I took the wash cloth and cleaned them up, and it was working as if it were new. There are only two small drawers in which to put clothes. The tiny closet wasn't bad, but my pants were too long for the hangers as they drug on the floor. Oh, there are two even tinier drawers in the closet. There is a full length mirror, but you have to stand 6 inches in front of it because the bed is next to it. There was a cool shelf over the airconditioner - a great place to use as additional storage for my luggage (didn't fit in the closet).

Fitness center was clean, had 2 treadmills and 2 ellipticals, towels, water, dumbell weights, a bench and a nice rug for floor exercising. There were two pools. The indoor pool was heated and clean, but there was no place to put the wet towels, so people just left them on the floor. The outdoor pool wasn't heated, but it was clean also. No hot tub, though.

Only had breakfast one day because I had to leave in the mornings before it started. Lots of breads, 4 cereal choices, yogurt, oatmeal with all sorts of toppings, eggs sausage, plus hard boiled eggs, fruit, sliced cheese, and stuff to put on the eggs (spinach, cheese, salsa, etc).

Walls in the rooms are thin. I could easily hear the people in the hallway talking and could hear my neighbor's TV,

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room that isn't on the freeway side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business