“Not so scary................”

Motel 6 Temecula - Historic Old Town
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I read the reviews before I was to stay at this hotel on Dec 14th,2012 and was scared. However my overnight stay there was actually not that bad. The room was clean, which is what most want and you get what you pay for, a clean room (hopefully) and basic room. No shampoo or hairdryer so you must be prepared for that. Ask for a quiet inside room by the courtyard and pool. Truckers do rev up their engines early so try to stay away from the parking areas............this Motel 6 does need it's update though, its' old, but clean! my room had an ac/heater that was missing the face but it worked fine. The bed was comfortable and all the sheets, blankets and towels were clean. That's really what guests want, right?

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank horn2tr
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Temecula - Historic Old Town

Reviewed 17 December 2012

this hotel is so cheap that you have to buy your own travel shampoo/conditioner in vending machine.I wouldnt go back. Do not recommend staying here. should have paid a bit more to get the basics. place looked run down

Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank suegab7
Reviewed 21 November 2012

My husband's debit card was charged 3 times for a one-night stay. When my husband caught the error, the clerk claimed he couldn't figure out how to reverse the charges. The manager called my husband and told him that our card would be credited first thing in the morning and that he would comp our room for the trouble. The next day, our card had not been credited and the manager then stated that only the corporate office could complete the transaction. When we called the Guest Relations department, the said that they didn't show that we had made any payments so we had to go through the trouble of having our bank fax them a letter showing that we had been charged three separate times. We were then told we would have our money the very next day. The money was still not returned. Now they are saying that it is going to take up to fifteen days for us to get our money back. The staff at both the motel and the guest relations department is rude and unapologetic offering only excuses that my bank calls "ridiculous" We are going to have to file a dispute with our bank to try and get our money back, but we are living paycheck-to-paycheck and losing well over $100 hurts. BEWARE!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

I am from Oklahoma, here on business. (24 hours from home.) I used a business card with a letter from the business and copy of my boss' drivers license, phone number FAX number..... etc. They took copies of everything... when we needed to book another night (the next night) at 11pm because we ended up having to stay an extra day... she said there is nothing she could do even with the copies of the papers and everything. I explained to her my boss had already been contacted and they had taken my card the night before with that paperwork. I told her we were 24 hours from home with absolutely no where to stay since they are the only hotel we had contacted to make prior arrangements for my business card. I asked her if there was anything she could do.. and she said absolutely not. I became frustrated as she was talking to other people in the background and didn't seem to understand I had already been authorized to use this card. She wouldn't even FAX an authorization form to my boss. I asked to speak with her manager and she said they were not there and I said ill contact them tomorrow then she told me to go ahead and hung up the phone. I slept in my car. Thanks motel 6. I will never stay at one of your places again.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank lillyelizabeth88
Reviewed 6 August 2012

When we got to the hotel, our check in was speedy but unfriendly even with some attitude, didn't even tell us how to find our room. Once we got to the room, it had a funny stale smell. There was still dirty paper in the bathroom. At night was the worst! We did not sleep all night because there were bugs in the bed!!!!!!!! There were stains on the sheets, pillows, bed ... Needless to say we literally slept sitting up with our clothes on and did not cover ourselves. When you ask if I will recomend this hotel?! NO!! I will tell everyone to please consider paying $20-30 more and stay in a friendlier and CLEANER place .. This place was disgusting! WILL NEVER STAY HERE OR ANY Motel 6

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We never had any problems during our stay. The room was clean (#128) and no bugs. That's all I need. I knew they didn't have free wifi, but $2.99 for 24 hours is pretty good. Denny's is a block away. Room was quiet. It would be nice to have shampoo and a hair dryer in the room, but that's pretty universal in a Motel6. I will be returning to this same hotel in August.

Room Tip: Get room #128
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank stattad
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stayed on Saturday, June 2, 2012. Beautiful weekend, great location! People are super friendly and helpful. Rooms are simple, but clean and sufficient.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple