“Great menu, friendly service, but kitchen needs improvement” 2 of 5 bubbles

Yard House
Ranked #35 of 409 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Yard House is an upscale-casual eatery known for great food, classic rock music and 130 taps of imported, craft and specialty ales & lagers.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great menu, friendly service, but kitchen needs improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Had to send burger back several times to get it right - and we wanted it on the rare side. Waiter was friendly but not attentive enough, never checked to see if we needed more drinks, how it was going etc. We actually had to flag down other wait staff for help. Manager also came over to try to buy our affections with literally the WORST CHEESECAKE in the world - it had some kind of strange pink 'things' in it throughout (not fruit, not candy) - didn't eat it after the test bite. Would probably not go here again - but they did have an interesting menu so it's kind of a shame. I didn't realize it was a 'chain' so that might be part of the problem.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Hi Barbara D - We are mortified this was your first impression of us! Please accept our apology for the frustration with your burger and the inattentive service you received. We would like to invite you back for a redo. Please contact us directly at yhguestrelations@darden.com. We hope to hear from you soon.

Temecula, California
“Skip the yard house head over to PF or CPK!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Waiter didn't even know if lettuce was head lettuce or romaine...He said it was green and leafy..hmmm did I stutter! He was more concerned with selling drinks $$$ than being helpful when asking about the menu and what items were gluten free etc. Meat in my wrap was chewy and grizzle pieces. I was offered partially cooked broccoli for my side instead of fries it was cold and tasteless. Other diners in our party did not enjoy their meals much either. Pricey and just not so good food. It is so noisy that you must eat outside or put up with 20 tv monitors, music and conversation competing to be heard. I get a headache and sore throat from yelling across table. The only thing I like about this place is the music that can only be heard if you sit outside. So if you go plan on drinking and an appetizer out doors.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Hi Teacupmama - We are very sorry to have failed you on so many levels. Please be assured that our team is capable of much more, and we would like the opportunity make it up to you. When time permits, please contact us at yhguestrelations@darden.com. We hope to turn things around.
“Good standby”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

Same as all the others. This one is in the mall but I enjoy a dinner here occasionally. Their Happy Hour is the best.

Visited May 2013
Temecula, California
“Redemption! 5 STARS FOR GUEST RELATIONS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

A week prior my wife and I had such a bad experience we swore we would not to return...

Yard House guest relations reached out to us via Trip's review site & after they expressed their desire for US to give them another opportunity (complimentary) we felt compelled to give them another shot! NOT due to the complimentary meal, but due to the fact that they expressed a genuine sense of wanting all their customers to walk away with a good experience. Of course it's not always the case, however, the intent put fourth was appreciated. They were very professional & were eager to listen to constructive critisimism.

Second experience...WOW.....what a difference!

We sat outside in the patio (much quieter) and had a fantastic server (Travis) who was told of how we wanted our somewhat quirky order along with how every-time I order a burger they manage to cook it to an oblivion rather than medium rare. He assured me he would have it prepared to my liking in-which he did and it was moist & tasty, rather than how they usually come out of the kitchen looking like a welcome mat!
My wife's bbq chicken looked awesome & she enjoyed it!

*Noteworthy
Prop's to Yard House Guest Relations for caring about Trip's reviews!!! I would have NEVER thought such a BIG chain would reach to the DEGREE which Yard House demonstrated. I must say, it really impacted my wife and I in a positive manner!

BTW, Yard House server Travis was not aware of our past experience, this guy was a natural at serving! We later communicated what had occurred...his feedback was "I worked in MANY restaurants and this one has the BEST MGMT TEAM I have ever experienced." It says a lot when employees are happy!

I am glad we retruned we actually ENJOYED ourselves.

After the attention, level of service and great meals I would definitely drive a few extra miles to dine here again.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gpac1
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Hi Gpac1 - We are THRILLED that you and your wife gave us another chance and that our team was able to win you both over! Our managers will be relieved to read your review and we will absolutely be giving special recognition to Travis. We hope for the pleasure of serving you and your wife again soon. Cheers!
Temecula, California
““So Loud You Can't Hear Yourself Think!””
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013

My husbands shrimp was VERY tasty, actually his pasta was quite nice as well. As for my dish, I ordered the spicy wings, they were not fantastic but they were good. I also ordered their deviled eggs, if you are a fan of deviled eggs I HIGHLY recommend ordering them. They add a twist, as they top their eggs off with a spicy tomato sauce, the finish has a subtle hint of heat. I would certainly order them again... at a quieter location.

SERVER SAVED US FROM BAILING!
We were lucky that our main server was the rest's service trainer! Of course our service was amazing no negative feedback at all. The contrary it was fantastic! Honestly, we ONLY stayed in this OVERLY loud restaurant due to the service we received.

Cons-
The dining-room music was unbearably loud. It was impossible to carry on any conversation without yelling across the table. It got worse when they sat us next to the kitchen, all we can here was clanking sounds of metal as the pots and pans were being utilized. Extremely annoying not to mention very distracting!

Based on THEIR noise factor & OVER-PRICED food I would NOT RETURN!

*Noteworthy
If you are looking to converse with your party AVOID sitting "near the kitchen". It's the worst!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Hi billionsandnocure - We are devastated to hear that your visit with us was ruined by our music volume. While music should be in the forefront of our atmosphere, it should not drown out conversation. Obviously this is something that needs addressing with our team. We apologize from the bottom of our hearts. Please contact me directly at ccastruita@yardhouse.com so that we can make this up to you. Thank you!

Been to Yard House? Share your experiences!