Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good & Bad”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We selected this hotel based on the location and the $49 a night coupon and stayed 5 nights. However, the non smoking rooms are at one end of the floor and the smoking is on the other half. Sooo, the smell was horrible in the hallways. If the cigarette smoke was bad the late night smell of marijuana was worse. Once in the rooms you cannot smell the smoke.

Regarding the rooms:
-They were clean even the carpet(which is saying a lot since we just got back from the Central Coast where EVERY room may have been clean but the carpets were gross!)
-AC worked great albeit a little noisy, but we didn't hear any other sounds from other human guests. Pets are welcome here and a family had TWO large dogs that went bonkers at times.
-Great size frig
-Beds and pillows were comfortable
-Get water pressure and hot water.
-Free internet was super slow, however you can upgrade for a fee.
My family agreed that Brittney had the best customer service. IF you check in when she is on duty you will feel most welcomed and any requests/questions will be responded to promptly and graciously. Rose on the night shift was prompt to check on security when advised that a guest had propped a exterior door open.
Would we return? Only return if we needed to stay for a week+ AND had a coupon. I would not pay full price to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mom D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the we failed to meet your standards. As the hotel manager I will share your review with the staff to ensure that your experience does not repeat with any guest. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate the kind words about our associates. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ltm@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
San Diego
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We booked a room at the Extended Stay Temecula when we were still making plans, and decided to go to Julian instead. To my horror I awoke the morning after the deadline to cancel and remembered, I'd NEVER CANCELLED. As we had already shelled out a hefty amount for our B&B, I was mortified by my mistake. As soon as we had cellphone reception I called Extended Stay and explained my situation to the front desk. I asked if it was possible to waive the room fee as a courtesy to us, while fully admitting my mistake. After a minute of talking with management I was informed we would not be charged for the room.

Normally I wouldn't expect this kind of understanding from a chain hotel, but Extended Stay in Temecula seems to be an exception. As a way to say thank you, I am posting this review. If we ever do get up to Temecula, this hotel will be first on my list for places to stay.

FYI, this was during the art festival weekend, and there weren't many rooms to be had at any hotel in Temecula. Thank you again Extended Stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that we were able to assist you with your reservations and everything worked out to your satisfaction. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed at this site for 4 nights. It smelled bad, and even after I moved the room odor came through by the second night. You can tell that people smoke in rooms even though they are marked non-smoking. At no time was I ever told at time of reservation or check in that I would have to do my own housekeeping. So if I wanted the floor vacumned or bed sheets changed I could do it myself. Why stay here when I can do that at home??!! No thank you and for $10 dollars more a night I could have had the better service and a pool.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephanie N
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our housekeeping policy was not explained to you and the smoke smell was an issue. I am making all staff aware of your feedback and how we failed to communicate important items regarding our hotel so this does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ltm@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Got hurt at this hotel during my stay. No staff available, a sign said to use the telephone to call a staff member. However, the phone was located behind a display and was not readily available. When I finally was able to notify the staff, they completed their insurance paperwork and told me someone would be in contact with me.

No, I am not okay. No referral was given to a medical facility nor did they care one iota about my condition.

The only phone call I received was a misdirected number through the front desk.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John_D32859
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
John - Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you got hurt during your visit. After being notified of your condition, we did respond with filing an insurance claim and making sure you were all right. It is disheartening to know, that you were still feeling pain after this point and wanted to seek further treatment. My apologies for our staff not assisting further. I will be speaking with them about the importance of following up with our guests if they are hurt while on property to ensure they are doing better.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope you are feeling better. If you wish to discuss this further, please emails us at, LTM@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
Chicago Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 2 June 2013

While staying at Extended Stay of America in Temecula, Ca, we witnessed the worst thing we have ever seen. A 2 year old little girl fell out of the 2 story hotel window and was near death. The windows are not secure and the screen on the window was not attached to the window. We spoke with the city and the city has had several complaints of terrible safety conditions at this particular location. There should be a huge settlement coming to this little girl and this family.

We then witnessed the mangement kick the family out of the hotel with the little girl who fell out of the window. The little girl had just got out of the hospital and was on bed rest, affer what we believe was a very serious head injury. There is no way that little girl should have been put outside of that hotel. This is the most horrendous things we have ever witnessed and our heart goes out to that little girl and her family. Mangement should not be working anymore after the way we witnessed the staff treat this family. I do not have a problem with the Extended Stay of America. However, we do not recommend any one stay at this particular location. It is a very poor representation of the corporation as a whole. I could go on and on. We just hope that this little girl and her family get justice.

Room Tip: We love Temecula. We recommend any hotel in the area besides this one.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Larry L
Manager_11525, Guest Relations Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. It is always heartbreaking when an event like this occurs. I want to assure you the safety of all of our guests is a primary concern of Extended Stay Hotels. We are in process of reviewing the incident. Please do not hesitate to contact me at guestservice@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you.
Orange, California
Reviewed 15 April 2013

No doubts on staying here in what so ever, service are always so helpful by Jessica greeting everybody with a smile. Extended stay has my room always clean and it's close by the mall, restaurants, and wine country a place I like to visit before go back home.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Virginia
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have stayed at this location twice now for a travel assignment and have had a great experience both times. This Extended Stay is in a perfect location. Close to shopping, variety of restaurants and importantly in wine country!! Great location for winery hopping. High end and middle of the way shopping experience. Only 45 minutes from the ocean! Beautiful country to drive through. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Clean, quiet, animal friendly. Full size fridge for your convenience. I love staying here and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the building don't have the sound of the freeway as much as the back side...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jodi W
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
Thank you very much the great review of your recent stay with us. I'm thrilled to hear that our associates provided such friendly and helpful service while you were in town on business. We really appreciate that you would recommend our hotel to other travllers. Thank you so much for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.