“Better than I expected”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Westfield, New Jersey
“Better than I expected”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

If you like casinos, this is an incredible place. However, do not read further, as I do not care much for casinos. I was there for other purposes and I did not use the casino, I did not use the golf course, which looked great by the way, and I did not use the swimming pool. Yet, I was there two nights and enjoyed Temecula wine country.
This is actually a nice hotel at a really good price and not far from the Temecula wine country. We took a tour one day that we arranged through the hotel concierge and it was a great tour.
I tried two of the restaurants there - Bamboo and the Casino buffet. Bamboo was a great Vietnamese restaurant at very inexpensive prices. The buffet was funny - a lot of food! The hotel room was surprisingly quiet for sleeping.
If you want a reasonably priced room for staying in Temecula, try this place. If you like a casino, then even better!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were on the 21st floor and had a very nice view of the golf course and pool area. The rooms were very clean, beds and pillows quite comfy.

As soon as you walk in the casino you can smell the smoke and felt I was smoking 4 days later. We took in the band Eclipse at the night club. Be prepared to stand in line for at least 45 minutes if you aren't there right away.

We ate at the Italian restaurant. I had the lobster pasta and ate the whole thing! Very good.

Lighting in the bathroom is very dim so don't plan on putting your makeup on in there.

Room Tip: Higher floors looking out on the golf course are nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Sebastian, Fl.
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Pechanga is a beautiful resort/casino nestled in the hills of Temecula California. For these reasons, my son and daughter in law chose Pechanga as their location for their wedding guests Guests flew from both mainland USA and abroad. Imagine our surprise that the renovations that had been slated to be finished had just gotten started, creating a detour for arriving guests. The golf course was also closed. Guests had brought their clubs to play a round on the beautiful course. But the most disheartening part of the Pechanga visit is that I am still awaiting a call from the Assistant to the Vice President (Michelle Sipple). And it seems that I will be waiting a long time (first request was on September 21, 2013). The guest relations desk employees were rude in my presence, to both the groom and bride, as well as arriving guests. All of this had been communicated to numerous staff members to little or no avail. I was even told by a guest relations person that she did not know who the manager on charge was.

On a positive note, let me applaud Heather, the concierge, who we met approximately 7 months ago on our trip from Florida when my son and daughter in law were first looking at possible venues. Throughout the recent stay, Heather was the superlatively polite, and professional
The same for Greg Sterling (Asst Mgr- Pechanga Buffet) who was extremely helpful during the breakfast that my wife and I were hosting for the wedding guests. His expertise and suggestions were greatly appreciated and he stayed nearby to monitor the breakfast.

Lastly kudos to Diana Jenkins in guest relations who helped to unravel the mess in terms of getting people into the appropriate rooms. She put many hours into making sure the guests were comfortable.

At times resorts forget that there is ALWAYS another place to stay. It may not be as beautiful, but good customer service goes a long way and creates precious memories and a solid recommendation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JB6165
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Did not stay in the hotel, but was very impressed by the casino. Have only seen casinos of this size and quality in Las Vegas. We stayed and played just a couple of hours and then had dinner in one of the restaurants, Paisano's. Excellent food and service, but I will be writing a review on them separately. Did not win, but had a great time! My only complaint would be the strong smoky smell when you weren't in the smoke free gambling area.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had a disappointing experience. Our son had organised a surprise wine tour, which is why we were staying at the Pechanga in the first place. Imagine my reaction when later I find out why we weren't picked up from the hotel like all the others that were on the wine tour, from their respective hotels? And why we were dropped off at a service station and had to walk across the hot car park late in the day. Does not reflect well on this establishment. There were activities other than gambling we were unable to enjoy. Box office and theatre, nothing on? The girls wanted to enjoy foot massage, 5pm closed for the day. I like to punt on the horses, not available?
Mix up with the booking for in house steak restaurant. Told we would have to wait 45 min. Son intervened, we were seated and I noticed at least 5 empty tables which were never filled over the course of the night? My wife and I had just spent the previous month touring thru Europe and the British isles. In this time we had stayed in at least a dozen hotels. This was the first where it was impossible to connect to free in house wi fi? Signal too weak!! The room was good, but was it worth the charge, $209 per night. We have been billed $228!! I have been told I could have stayed at the Luxor in Vegas for $40. I'm betting none of the above would have been an issue!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michael z

Travellers are raving about these Temecula hotels

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed here for two nights with my husband. After staying at a few Las Vegas casinos, my expectations were high. The room was nice, and the bed very comfy! The lighting in the bathroom is dim-not great when you are trying to get ready. Very clean though. As for the casino, there are plenty of table games and slots to choose from. On a Saturday night, I was taken back when the minimum went from $15 to $25 while playing roulette. The round bar was a great place to people watch and enjoy a cocktail. As for the restaurants--NO for Kelsey's, I'll review that later. The buffet was decent, especially the desserts!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrsdani
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed at the hotel as that was where all of the guests for a local winery wedding were staying -- rather expensive on weekends, but midweek rates reasonable. The majority of the first floor is the casino, the usual smokey and noisy environment -- 100's of thousands of square feet - overwhelming,. The room was first rate, very clean with pleasant, modern decoration -- we had a lovely view of the golf course. The service in the hotel restaurants we visited were excellent and the selection of dishes and quality were wonderful, a nice surprise, not overly expensive either. No real negative issues encountered -- the actual lobby area was being redecorated (destroyed) and the area was rather noisy during the workdays, however we mentioned this to management who were able to lower our daily rate to compensate for the inconvenience.
We were not attending for the gambling but I would imagine that that this would be a perfect location. Old Town Temecula nearby is a must see -- check out the Olive Oil Factory.

Room Tip: Ask for golf course view, high up but not too close to 13th floor where there is a nightclub (noise...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends