“A Gem in Temecula's Wine Country”
Review of Ponte Vineyard Inn

Ponte Vineyard Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
La Quinta, California
“A Gem in Temecula's Wine Country”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed at Ponte at least a half dozen times in the past year and it's our favorite weekend, typically mid-week, getaway!

The hotel is beautiful, the rooms luxurious and comfortable, and the staff amazing friendly and always ready to please. There is a wonderful lounge in the hotel cellar with live music on some evenings. Delicious food at Bouquets, in the hotel, and next door at the winery.

The grounds are fantastic too. We've spent many evenings and early mornings strolling through the vineyards and citrus orchards and the small lake and open fire pits make a wonderful spot to enjoy the night sky.

We live just about an hours away from Temecula and have stayed at many of the nearby properties. Since we discovered Ponte our wandering days are over. This hotel is our first and only destination when visiting to wine country.

The hotel also offers a great discount for members of their Wine Club. We'll worth joining if your a frequent guest, like us!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LG_Weinman
PonteWinery, Manager at Ponte Vineyard Inn, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you so very much for posting about your love affair with Ponte! As a highly-loyal guest and wine club member, we value your opinion and feedback. Nothing pleases us more than reviews like yours. See you again soon!

- Ponte Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Room with a view of the vineyards & pond. Too bad the fencing around the balcony we had was so dense you could not sit & enjoy the view. Ate at Bouquet for dinner. Excellent! Breakfast was equally good except we had to move from the outdoor patio to inside because of the flies. Enjoyed visiting the wineries in the area & lunch @ Krush & Brew down town.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Ponte Vineyard Inn. We're so pleased that you enjoyed your room, breakfast & dinner at Bouquet and winery tastings in Temecula Wine Country.

Regarding the flies on property: Ponte Family Estate is surrounded by farmland on all four sides and at this time of year, it is customary for farmers practicing sustainability in agriculture to farm with fresh compost instead of chemical fertilizers. The flies are attracted temporarily and then dissipate quickly. This is simply a natural by-product of staying in the country-side.

We welcome you back anytime - thanks again!
florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I choose this Inn based on the reviews I read on tripadvisor. We desired to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in a relaxed beautiful setting and that was what we got. The Inn is a Mission structure that is beautifully done, the upstairs king bed rooms are very comfortable and just the right size for a couple, beds are comfortable, pillows are plentiful and feather, the bathroom allows for 2 to shower and get dressed easily. Every morning we opened the French doors and received the cool morning air stepped out to view the green vineyards and watch the hot air balloons fly in the gorgeous blue sky over 4 mornings. We enjoyed our coffee/tea from the Krueig machine they have in the room and just relaxed while we planned our days. You are literally immersed in the vineyards and the energy allows you to slow down and enjoy your time there.. We did the Grapeline wine tour, which they set up for us, they provided us w/ a bottle of Ponte wine from their vineyard and we drank it 1 evening as we sat outside around the fire pit they have in their beautiful courtyard just outside our room, so peaceful. Their wine is VERY good! The tour was a great way to see the area. We recommend it. We visited their Cellar Lounge downstairs which is very tastefully done, great place to meet up w/people, relax have a drink or grab a lite bite to eat. We ate in the Boutique restaurant, which we found to be very over priced. I had the sea scallops that gave me 3 scallops and a smearing of mashed potatoes and I mean only a smearing, for $ 38. My husband had the Filet with mashed potatoes. $38. The salad was $10 and it was very good, wine of course was wonderful. We did Ponte wine tasting, the tickets were provided to us for free and we really enjoyed that experience, wished we would have done their wine tour. We then had lunch outdoors at the restaurant that was behind the tasting rooms, very nice setting, beautiful grounds. The town of Temecula is a very nice area and you would want to visit also Temecula Old Town, very interesting area. All of the staff was very pleasant and helpful, Felica was so very helpful to us. We will definitely be back to experience more of what they have to offer!

Green Features: They seem to be very involved w/sustainability and they place in the rooms ways we can help too.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bellababyflorida
Hello! We just want to thank you for taking the time to write up your positive experience at Ponte Vineyard Inn. It sounds like you took full advantage of all the amenities and activities we have to offer, which makes us very happy! We welcome you back to Temecula Valley, CA anytime.

Chino Hills, California
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I am only reviewing my experience with Felicia at the reservation desk. I am surprising my in-laws with a night at Ponte Vineyard Inn for their 40th anniversary. Felicia was SO helpful and patient during this process. She gave me all the different price quotes for various packages and rooms, and I felt that she was really keeping our wallet in mind for the value of what we want to give them. She wasn't pushy, nor annoyed, of all my questions and contemplations. Since I mentioned it was for their anniversary, she even included a free bottle of wine to help them celebrate. I think they probably do this on a normal basis, but I thought it was a nice surprise since I didn't know of this "gift." We were disconnected, and she called me right back. I wanted to be able to print and give my in-laws "something" to show them our gift, so she was able to send me an email without the pricing to accommodate my request. There were some spelling errors, and she was very willing to keep editing the email and resending it until she got it right! So...if you want to surprise anyone with a romantic and relaxing getaway, it is easy-peasy to do at Ponte Vineyard Inn. Based on everyone's reviews, I think my in-laws will have a great time!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive experience in booking your reservation for your in-laws over the phone. We're proud that Felicia went above & beyond to answer all your questions and provide a truly customized experience. Hope that your in-laws appreciated all your hard work! ;)

dallas, texas
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were here for a family wedding. This is a lovely place with excellent service. It is one of the nicest hotel/inns I have stayed in, and is a perfect place for a wedding! I highly recommend Ponte Vineyard Inn!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
PonteWinery, Manager at Ponte Vineyard Inn, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for highly recommending Ponte Vineyard Inn! We are so pleased that you had a wonderful family wedding experience and we hope to see you again very soon.

Claremont, California
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I chose to stay at the Ponte Vineyard Inn primarily because of its proximity to a wedding I was attending in the area. I knew it was going to be a nice facility from the online photos and descriptions but I had no idea that it was going to turn out to be such a wonderful weekend, surpassed only by the service I received.

A couple of days before my stay, the hotel contacted me to confirm my reservation and it was then that I made a special request. The wedding I was attending was not at the Ponte but because it was so close to the wedding venue, I offered my room to the bride and her bridesmaids to do their preparations in and I wanted to arrange for some refreshments for them while they got ready. Madelyn with Guest Services went beyond the call of duty by providing me detailed information and options on what they could do (beyond their normal practices, I may add) and took special care to make sure that my arrangements were carried out to the letter. From the moment I made the initial request to right after the delivery to my room, Madelyn and the Guest Services staff were on it. They helped make a special day for my niece that much more special by their attentiveness and high quality of service.

The room was beautiful; spacious and gorgeously decorated overlooking vineyards on rolling hills. In my room waiting was a chilled bottle of the winery's own Muscato and a bottle of red along with some crackers and tapenade for my enjoyment. And the bed, wow! I joked that there were so many down pillows that instead of turning my pillow over in the middle of the night, I simply threw it aside and got another one! The grounds are gorgeous, tranquil and serene.

I am looking forward to going back soon to the Ponte Vineyard Inn to experience everything they have to offer, including the spectacular service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
PonteWinery, Manager at Ponte Vineyard Inn, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you so much for providing such a detailed account of your fantastic experience. We love reading stories like yours. We appreciate your taking full advantage of our great service and amenities and we look forward to having you as our guest again very soon.

La Habra, California
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were married at the Ponte winery and stayed here the night of our wedding. First off, the wedding ended up in the cellar bar, I believe the only bar in wine country that serves liquor. Room was beautiful, clean, romantic, and very comfortable. Service was excellent. I LOVED waking up and walking onto our balcony overlooking the vineyards and seeing hot air balloons in the sky! We had breakfast downstairs at their café and the food and service was excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rachel P
We are so happy to hear your wonderful account of your wedding at Ponte Estate. Thank you for taking full advantage of all we have to offer, from The Cellar Lounge to the winery to the Ponte Vineyard Inn. Please come back and celebrate your anniversary with us!