Rodeway Inn Temecula
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2013

stayed one night here.. the room was mediocre at best. the remote to the tv was MIA. I booked a king size bed non smoking.. the bathroom smelled like someone had previously lit up in there prior to my arrival. around 10pm all the moron drunks came out who were completely obnoxious. The noise was so aweful it lasted all night. at 2 am I called the front desk who then blamed it on the bar across the street which did contribute to the noise. I informed the desk that it was also the guests and he said he would keep an eye on it. not only did it not stop, but continued to 7am. I went to the front desk for the continental breakfast which was again...not that great. the man/boy working the front desk didn't make eye contact, didn't say hello and was wearing a hoodie.. wasn't sure if he was working or going to rob the place. Go somewhere else this hotel sucks!! I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: unless you are there to party and act the fool dont go here!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2012

The Rodeway Inn is very conveniently located at the south end of Old Town Temecula with very easy access to I-215 or Rancho California which leads into the heart of wine country. You just could not ask for a more convenient location for visiting this area. This is the one redeeming aspect of the motel. When we arrived and went into the office to register there was an overwhelming smell of some spice, possible curry. There were several people around the corner inside the office arguing very loudly. It was difficult to register because of the distraction and noise. Our room was sort of small. The pool was small but clean even though the pump was not running to circulate the water. The carpet was not very clean and was tattered around some of the edges. There was mold in the corner of the shower. The toilet was not fastened securely to the floor. The refrigerator was tiny, which was ok but, it was sitting on the floor making it impossible to use unless you got on your knees, which I did. Breakfast was minimal but ok. I did no think it was worth the $59 per night we paid for two people. Our second night in town we moved to the other end of Old Town Temecula to a little bit nicer place which was cheaper. I give this motel three stars only because of its location.

Room Tip: Shop around on the north end of town, about a mile and a half away, for a better price and nicer place if you have the option.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

There is only one reason to stay at this motel...its location is excellent. Everything else about the Rodeway Inn, Temecula, Ca. is disgusting! I'm surprised the Health Department hasn't shut it down!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The property is right at the start of Old Town. Its close to shopping and resturants. The room was clean and quite. The bed was comfortable. We did not have the breakfast that was offered there, which was orange juice, coffee and toast and sweet rolls. The only other close hotel is Motel 6

Room Tip: Make reservations on line and bring your copy with you. They tried to up the price on us but we had our print out and they gave us the on-line rate.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RetiredIBEW
Reviewed 10 June 2012

To be fair this is in a great location and we didn't pay a lot. That being said, I think the hotel could spend a little money and make it a great place for those who find it. I'm not sure the sheets were clean...that made everything dicey from the get go. The stairs to the 2nd floor were so weathered and worn that I worried on each step up and down if they'd hold and my hands were filthy from the railing...kept wishing that I'd remembered to just take a towel from the room and clean them myself (and I'm NOT a pristine housekeeper like that sounds !!) The attendant on duty had the personality of a sloth and I'm being pretty disrespectful to a sloth. The evening attendant was much better. Honestly, just a smile and a welcome was all I was expecting but that wasn't to be. HOWEVER, the hotel is within walking distance to great restaurants...some with bands on Saturday night, good shopping opportunities and did have a pool and spa. Would be a great bargain hotel with just a few adjustments that shouldn't increase the rate measurably. Perhaps they are beginning because the carpet seemed new. That's where the improvements ended. I'd suggest that new bedding be added AT THE VERY LEAST !!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple