“"Hit or Miss"”

The Gambling Cowboy
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gambling Cowboy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 422 Restaurants in Temecula
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times and as long as you don't mind waiting for refills on your drinks, it's a nice place. I've had friends meet us there multiple times and it' s always the same problem. Perhaps they need more help. The food is always wonderful, though. The menu has a wonderful variety...very pricey if you would like to enjoy some wine with your meal. You will easily drop $100 on dinner w/ tip and aside from less than steller service the meal was delicious!

1  Thank Scheshire6
There are newer reviews for The Gambling Cowboy

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stay away! Went here for Father's Day because we wanted to treat my dad to something special. We ended up having the worst dining experience of our entire lives. It took 20 minutes to be acknowledged by a server, another 20 for a cup of coffee (and I had to get up to get it), and nearly an hour and fifteen minutes to see our food. I tried to talking to the manager who cursed at me. It was like a surreal experience...simply unbelievable. This place does not represent Temecula culture, so if you are a visitor or a local, please just go somewhere else!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had dinner there on a Sunday night and sat on the patio where they had live music playing. We were able to watch the sunset over the hills, as the band played cover songs. The guy could really imitate every artists' songs with his voice. Until we had stepped outside, I thought it was actually the singers records playing over the speakers and didn't realize it was an actual band. The food comes in very large portions so be aware of how much you order. We had the bacon wrapped scallops appetizer, which i highly highly suggest. We had the clam chowder, which in my opinion was more like a loaded baked potato soup with the high potato content. Peanut ribs and filet mignon. Everything was delicious, except for their wines. I'm shocked that in Temecula of all places that their wine was less than average. I paid $15 a glass for their best pinot noir (without buying a bottle), and it was drinkable... but tasted like a cheap $10 bottle you could have gotten from Ralphs... perhaps consider bringing your own bottle and paying the corkage fee.

Oh! And definitely sit on the patio if you can!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Gambling Cowboy was excellent, from service, food and venue. The outdoor porch eating area is the best venue with views of the valley and Old Town, highly recommend to request outside seating. They are known for their Prime Rib, very tasty and the vegetables of grilled or roasted corn, green beans were savory good. The wine menu included local wines. We split the cowboy chocolate cake and even though, at that point, we were full, we enjoyed it. Highly recommend the Gambling Cowboy!!!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Gambling Cowboy has excellent food, and a fun Western ambiance. The menu is extensive, making it easy for a variety of appetites. A friend from Switzerland was with us, and he commented that his steak was one of the best he had ever had. I had a Mai Tai before dinner, and it was very well made. Make sure you get clear directions, as the restaurant sits back from the street. If the weather in nice, the balcony is a great place to people watch and look out on Old Town Temecula. I highly recommend this fun restaurant!