“Good barbeque ”
Review of Famous Dave's - CLOSED

Famous Dave's
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Had the ribs and they were so tender and juicy, just falling off the bone. The staff was friendly. I will be going back again and again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We decided to try Daves for lunch. We decided to make it a combination happy hour and lunch. We sat in the the bar area which is nice with a few nice sized flat screen tvs. We ordered barbeque chicken and ribs. The food was brought quickly and was very tasty. Daves has about 5 different types of sauce on the tables and it is fun to try them all. The bartender was also very attentive and kept our drink orders filled. This is a great time to visit Daves. We have been here for dinner and it can get crowded.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Thursday, just after 5pm. Very surprised that it took the hostess/waitress as long as it did to greet us at the door, but once she realized we were there, boy did she hustle! And apologize. Sat in the bar area for happy hour discount drinks. The bartender was spread pretty thin - he was tending and waiting tables in this area which was about 2/3's full. Just as we got there, a guy came in to order 'to go' and had lots of questions. This only added to the bartender's predicament. But he handled it well. We ordered the 'feast for two' which became out meal for another day also. Great food. Staff might be spread a little thin, but it could have also just been a rarity that we just happened upon.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We went to Famous Dave's to scout a wedding rehearsal dinner location. They have a very nice private enclosed patio that is perfect for larger parties. We tried pulled pork, St. Louis Ribs, & Brisket. My husband loved his pork and I thought the ribs were excellent. I like my ribs not smothered in sauce (you have a choice of 6 different sauces to add at the table). The meat was tender and had a wonderful smoky flavor. The brisket was a big disappointment. I had one small piece and passed on the rest. Very dry and tasteless. The waitress asked if I like the food and I mentioned the brisket was not very good. She brought me a 1/4 BBQ chicken to replace it. It was fantastic! Classy touch. We also had macaroni & cheese (delicious with a little jalapeño & corn added). Loved the corn bread muffins; not dry. All in all we had a wonderful dinner and will return again. I prefer their ribs to Lucille's.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We left the house with the intention to eat at another place, a different kind of food, but upon arriving to that one we noticed there were absolutely no customers. We made a promise to each other a few months ago, and that is: never eat in a place that has no customers. It could be the best food, but we will not take the chance, because experience dictates that an empty place is not an ideal choice. Too many things can go wrong, and we do not want to be the first to find out.
So we veered to another area nearby, by the mall in Temecula, and went to Famous Daves instead. I have no more passion for bbq period. We were a party of 3, and we ordered the American Feast for $74.99, which of course it was more than we were able to eat. Includes a whole chicken: dry, but still flavorful enough, grew tired of eating the chicken fast, brisket which was nothing special really, St. Louis Ribs that were tender, the best of the meats offered, but still nothing exceptional about them, 6 corn on the cob, a large serving of fries which were cut big and we all liked, a very small bowl of cole slaw which was acceptable, and one of beans that tasted exactly like Bush Beans?, 4 corn breads saturated with sugar, more like a donut, butter which was so so, and a cold glasses of water. Total amount $80 +, plus 15% gratuity for our server, a very nice and professional waitress by the name of Nicky.
We arrived at 7:20PM and when we ordered the food arrived almost immediately. Right away I knew this meat had been sitting around in a warmer, temperature was lukewarm, and all the juices, if there were ever any, had vanished. The whole thing tasted the same, which is to say BBQ. They called themselves Famous Daves, winners of several awards, but from our perspective as eaters this was just average fair. Sorry we were late because we sure got penalized for it in the form of food that was not piping hot from the smoker, that is for sure.
Service was better than the food. The price very expensive for what we got for the price. The food at best average. 3.5 Stars.