“Wine Tour Ops...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed 27 May 2014

With this Hotel being in the Heart of the Temecula Wine Country, they would not allow myself to check in before Noon - my Wine Tour started at 11:25 am. This was the only negative I have to say about my stay.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Let me begin with: I usually have pretty good experiences at Hampton Inns. I stay at them a lot. This one I would avoid at ALL costs. I booked my stay because all the site pictures (and yelp photos) showed recliners in the rooms. I knew I'd be walking a lot and thought that the recliner would be great after a few nights on hotel beds and walking to have ONE night of my trip with my feet up in a recliner!

Boy was I surprised to check in and be told that they had recently renovated and the chairs were history. The gentleman checking me in was rather snarky and basically said, "Yes, well, the photos for the redo were not the right color so the site hasn't been updated yet." And kind of laughed about it and went on with my check in. I told him that it was upsetting to me because I had booked BASED on those pictures. HIs reply was, "Well, it's corporate's fault not mine."

So the room was fine (minus the chair) but we discovered we didn't have a bottle opener with us and we had received some sodas in old fashioned bottles at the Expo we'd attended. NOT the screw off lids (who does that?) I went down to the lobby assuming there would be a can opener we could borrow. I mean, don't they offer to give you a little something you might have forgotten to pack?

I approached the front desk and a very sullen looking woman was there. She really did not look happy to be at work. I asked if I could borrow a bottle opener and that I'd return it directly back to them. She looked at me like, "You really want me to get up and do something for you?" And her comment was, "I don't think we have one." So I kindly asked, "well, could you go check?" And again, she looked at me like I was asking her to donate a kidney, slid off the counter she was leaning all over and went into the back. I highly doubt she even LOOKED for one.....came back and said, "Nope, nothing here!"

We went out to dinner and snagged one at ol' Trader Joe's so I got my soda opened! The story MIGHT end here but I received a survey from Hilton which I fill out every time I stay with them, usually really nicely filled out. I told them the truth about my visit and thought that would be the end of it.

Got an email from Nadine, the general manager. Basically she said that she apologized for the way the two employees had treated me and then continued on by saying, "That being said, " and then pretty much blamed the issue on her corporation and Hilton. There was a typo when she stated that the " profession photographer" had messed up the new room photos and that Hilton wouldn't let them say anything in the meantime about the chairs being gone.

She ended with hope to see you again to show you a better experience. No offer of any incentive to do so or any real heart felt sorry in the missive but rather a feeling of, "I have to write this stupid email to her so I will." NOT the quality I am used to. Not by a long shot! Epic FAIL Nadine, Epic FAIL Hampton Hilton!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tallredhead3
TemeculaNadineS, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service and that you came across some misleading pictures online. This level of service is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I just called and left you a message. I hope you get a moment to call me back so we can discuss this together.As I mentioned on the message, we have a 100% guarantee and your charge has been reversed. Thank you once again for your comments.

Kind Regards,
Nadine

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Rooms are great and worthy of 5* hotel. Sadly breakfast was more like 2 or 3*. First, not enough seats and some had to eat standing up. Second, plastic cutlery was the only option. Not much choice of food. Swimming pool is small but big enough to swim. Nice jacuzzi too.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We've stayed at 2 Hampton Inns (Little Rock & San Diego) earlier this year. Both were nice, clean and great places to stay. The Temecula Hampton Inn exceeded our expectations. The room was large, close to Old Town Temecula and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The property has a lot of parking (all outside, no garage parking). The breakfast area is large with many tables. We were here Tuesday & Wednesday (May 6 & 7). I believe the eating area & food service area could get crowded on weekends. The room had a wetbar with mini refrigerator. The coffee maker was set up in this area which was a nice change from finding the coffee maker setup in the bathroom. There were lots of electrical outlets and I was able to charge my electronics conveniently.

Room Tip: Room 231 was convenient to the elevator. I don't think any room in this property would be noisy...
1  Thank C W B
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Great hotel located right next to downtown Temecula. Everything about the hotel was excellent - room, cleaniness, appearance, service. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in the Temecula area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 7 May 2014

One of the nicest and most modern Hampton Inns we've stayed at in the past few years. New, super clean, comfortable rooms and good breakfast. Perfect location to explore the local wineries all of which are only a few miles away.

1  Thank sibarite2
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stay here in Temecula, it was close to my job and my house. My son came to town visiting for a funeral. We didn't have enough room at my house . So I choose to stay here. I really enjoyed the room . Thank you

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo