“Quiet weekday Getaway!”

South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We really enjoy our suite at South Coast Winery. The suite was large and very comfortable with a nice balcony and great views of the mountains and vineyards. We enjoyed the pool and spa. They give you a small sample wine tastes when you stay. We had dinner at their winery and it was good, although the atmosphere feels like your in a huge lodge in the mountains. Not the best atmosphere but that is individual, food is good but rather expensive. The elevator had problems which puzzled staff and made it difficult to get to your room since they lock the doors to the stairs for security. Overall it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sofia v
There are newer reviews for South Coast Winery Resort & Spa

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Nice new and spacious suites right next to the vineyards, a great pool and spa area, and top notch cuisine at their restaurant -- well worth a weekend trip to Temecula. You can also visit the any nearby wineries in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is my second visit to this establishment. The first time we ran into a few hurdles and were asked to return. The second visit will probably be my last. First they booked me into the wrong suite, I asked for same room which I had previous which was the connecting room suite with vineyard mountain views and was given two connecting rooms that reeked of mold and body odor with views of some bushes and the check-in building. Fortunately this was quickly resolved when I demanded to speak to a supervisor. Next was having to ask on 3 separate occasions for the sofa bed to be made, and even then the operator was unapologetic and asked "was there anything else I needed?" and thereafter hung up on me when I said no. Only one telephone in the entire suite was operable, and that was barely working as well. To top it off, there were no parking spaces to park in front of the suite, which were occupied by our ungodly neighbors howling at all hours in the evening. Apparently on the weekends parking is free for all! I don't understand why they even bother with parking passes. The staff from the front desk to the restaurant are definitely in much need of hospitality training, especially for the rates charged by this establishment.

Room Tip: Make sure to demand to speak to a supervisor if you want to get any where with the front desk.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank missyalee
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The rooms are amazing! The bathroom was like a spa. The cost is high, so you will pay for the comfort. The pool is great. We stayed for my Cousins bridal shower weekend. It was the perfect spot. They do a nice "girls weekend" package. I would give it 5 stars if not for the overly high price for the room.

Room Tip: Any room is a good one
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank angiagram
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was my second visit in past year. Both stays were in the villas. I love the concept of the villas, however, the carpets in both villas were more than disgusting. (I was assured they were clean, just stained, and plans for the carpets to be replaced is in the making. The sofa bed, too needs replacing due to broken springs. Felt like sleeping on ROCKS. Forget the TV, lots of problems with the cable provider making it impossible to view. The pool area needs lots of attention. Have a group planned for September but would like assurance the villas have been redone.

Room Tip: Rooms in the hotel section are newer and may be more appealing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sandy D
SCWRS, Guest Relations Manager at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Sandy D:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your second stay at our winery resort. We welcome any and all feedback regarding our valued guests’ experiences, as it allows us to hone in on areas where we are not meeting our guest expectations. Please know your comments have been carefully reviewed and an investigation is underway to identify and provide an appropriate remedy. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again in September.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We are the winners of the "Winer Sweepstakes" South Coast Winery package. We won 1 night stay @ South Coast Winery Resort Villa, Dinner for 2 @ Vineyard Rose Restaurant & Hot Air Balloon Ride for 2. We loved our entire package. We book'd a villa for 3 people & each one of us got our own separate comfy bed (well, sofabed) After check in @ 4pm we had enough time to clean up for dinner reservation @ 6pm. We all got the chance to use the extra large tub w/jet blowers... bubbles were up to my neck! We tried to get to sleep early so we could get our wake up call @ 3:45am to prepare for the shuttle to pick us up to take us for hot air ballooning. We all heard giddy, giggly girls outside the villa with loud fireworks going off. I even had ear plugs in my ears. Hardly slept but comfortable mattress. When we got back in the morning from hot air ballooning we took a swim in the pool. I didn't know the pool was salt water, did wonders for my jock itch. The pool was a peaceful place to relax. We loved every minute our trip to Temecula, CA. I have no dissappointments. Sorry we had to leave so soon. Pechange casino was also on our agenda before driving home. Staff was amazing, And ohhhh! Thanks for the free bottle of wine. Great Experience we will never forget. thank you

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I had yet another fantastic experience for my fourth consecutive trip to South Coast Winery. I go with my daughters every year for four years now, and the experience keeps getting better. The last two years we have enjoyed the vino vinyasa class, part of the girl friend getaway package. Oh how I lve you, South Coast Winery! Just what this tired teacher needs each summer to kick off my break.

Room Tip: I've never stayed in the new tower rooms. I adore the villas!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
SCWRS, Guest Relations Manager at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hi Joy S,
Thank you for your 5 star review of your fourth visit to South Coast Winery Resort & Spa. We are delighted to hear that you have made our beautiful winery resort a place to visit each year to kick off your summer break, and we love you too. The Vino Vinyasa class is such a unique and fun wine-and-yoga flow experience; it makes the perfect activity to share with your daughters, girlfriends, husbands and anyone who desires to experience wine tasting on a new level. We are so grateful to have you as a return visitor year after year, and we look forward to seeing you at the start of next Summer-perhaps sooner.