“Neat and Nostalgic!”
Review of Old Town Rootbeer - CLOSED

Old Town Rootbeer
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband loved the Route 66 brand of root beer sold here. This is the only place we've ever found that particular brand. This place has a ton of different sodas, both in flavors and brands! They even have foreign sodas and novelties!

There are newer reviews for Old Town Rootbeer

Reviewed 29 June 2014

There certainly are many, many different sodas to choose from. They are a little pricey, but very refreshing on a hot day. The service is okay, they are not very willing to talk much about their selections. Definitely worth a look but probably not a return visit.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Being from Texas I like to have a Big Red in the bottle every once in a while. They are almost impossible to find unless you are in Texas. I decided to stop by and see if they carried them. Not only did they have them, they had every soda I have ever heard of plus hundreds more. They were a bit expensive, but when they sell speciality items, that is the way it is. I bought a six pack for about $8.00, but it was worth it. It's a fun place to stop in a visit, so if you're walking through Old Town, check it out.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My dad was really looking forward to get a great root beer float. And since we were in Old Town and this place is suppose to be know for its root beer float, we couldn't wait to try it. For $4.50 each, we got a plastic cup with two scoops of very hard frozen ice cream and "draft' A&W root beer poured on top to fill up the cup. Just looking at it before we were served was a disappointment. We were hoping that the ice cream would eventually melt so that we could have something like a real root beer float. But no luck. We ended up drinking an un-carbonated A&W syrup with two small scoops of vanilla ice cream at the bottom of the plastic cup. Not even close to what a root beer float should taste like. I would be embarrassed to serve this to my dog much less my father. He was embarrassed that it was his ideal to come here for a root beer float in the first place. But how could he know that someone could make a bad root beer float? Reading the other reviews, it is even more disappointing to see that others were offered a root beer of their choice to go in their root beer float. No excuse for not letting us know that this was even an option. There was no one in the shop. We were the only customers. Four of the worst root beer floats I have ever seen, tasted, smelled, at $4.50 each. What a waste. I wish I would have asked for my money back as soon as he brought them out. Will never go back and do not recommend this for anyone. You will only be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I love this kind of shop. If they don't carry it, they don't make it. Dr. Brown's, Moxie, Bubble Up, BIg Red....the list is tremendous. If you are in Old Town Temecula, save room for a Rootbeer Float...well worth stopping by!