“Up in the Air”

US$178.00*
and up
Sunrise Temecula Balloon Flight
More attraction details
Owner description: Take flight over Temecula Wine Country with Southern California’s #1 rated Hot Air Balloon company. Enjoy breathtaking views of acres of vineyards, wineries, olive trees, citrus groves, and the mountain ranges. Included with your flight, is a light European-style champagne breakfast in the rose garden at Vindemia Winery with locally-baked bread, fresh fruit, cheeses and a 2-for-1 tasting voucher for Vindemia Winery. Flights daily, call or visit our website to make reservations.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife bought us the ballon flight for my 68th birthday. We showed 4:45 am and were greeted at vineyard where the day started. Then off we went in a van with the pilot and crew to find the place we depart from, after a short stop to check winds, we parked in a field and watched as the crew inflated our chariot! In just a few minutes we were off. The assent was smoother than any elevator.The sun was coming up and the views were fantastic. Because Iit was my birthday, the attaced a "Happy Birthday" sign on the basket and the crew took a couple pictures for us. Although my wife does not like heights, she loved it and was never scared. We recommend eveyone give this a try and California Dreamin is a good company with 2 primary concerns - safety number one and enjoyment/fun for all. After touchdown, back to the winery where they provided a light breakfast, a bottle of wine to keep and they even gave us some birthday cake. A great way following a super flight.

All reviews
"smooth ride"
"once in a lifetime"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I bought this as a surprise gift for my daughter's July 4th birthday. What I imagined wasn't exactly what we got. I imagined that we would drive up to a fully inflated balloon with the "Happy Birthday" banner already attached to the basket and I imagined that we would be in the air when the sun rose. What actually happened is that we drove for a long time. The pilot got out and we waited in the van while he took about 20 minutes or so to check the wind. Then he got back in and we went to the site where they inflated the balloon...while we watched the sun rise :-( Once we were in the air it really was beautiful, but the pilot kept talking about the impending bad weather and such...not something you want to hear when you are 3000 feet in the air in only a basket. Once we were back on the ground they had my daughter and I hold up the "Happy Birthday" sign next to the deflated balloon and basket, as if it were an afterthought. The breakfast was very nice, and the people were very nice, but if you're looking for a magical experience there might be a better choice.

1  Thank Cheryl P
Syrah, Manager at California Dreamin' Balloon Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for your review as we really appreciate your feedback. We apologize that your balloon flight was not what you had expected. We are taking all of your comments seriously to assure our associates relay the exact adventure timeline to our guests. Our primary focus is the safety of our passengers while providing a once in a lifetime adventure.

In regards to the waiting period, our Pilots and Crew test the winds and inflate the balloon with our guests present to give them the feel of the full ballooning experience. We are happy you enjoyed the breakfast and service from our staff as we stride to provide a memorable and lasting experience.

We would like to invite you back to give us another opportunity at a discounted rate.

Thank you Cheryl and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband surprised me with this sunrise balloon ride for my birthday, and it was amazing. Our pilot was friendly and very knowledgable. The ground crew went out of their way to take pictures for us and I was only sorry that we didn't bring cash to tip them. The breakfast was a wonderful end to to an amazing morning.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We won the "Winter Sweepstakes" South Coast Winery Package Winery package which included a night stay at SC villa, dinner & a hot air balloon ride. I was so thrilled when I found out we won a balloon ride. I've dreamed of a hot air balloon ride for years. This would be our first time. We were pick'd up @ SC Winery @ 4:45am and taken to Videmia Winery were we met other free spirited crowd. I was happy our trip wasn't cancelled due to bad weather. I was really worried about the Santa Ana winds pick'in up but our day scheduled to fly was perfect! I didn't know we were going to share a ride & felt alittle less nervous about our trip. Our launch site was perfect. The skies were so clear makes us feel we could see forever. The sun was shining. The pilot was experienced & knew a lot about the area. It was a peaceful experience. It was surreal ... dreamlike flotation, we glided silently (except to hear the sound of the gas trigger, sheee, sheee!) weightlessly, floating thru the sky, over vineyards & estates & landing in a field next to SC Winery. We almost rolled the basket but held tight to the ropes to shift our weight to balance out the basket upright. We celebrated with champagne & all got back into the van & headed back to Vindemia Winery for a tasty breakfast. We were drove back to SC Winery. The entire experience didn't last more than 3 1/2 hrs. A Dream Come True! Thanks California Dreamin' for a unique journey thru the sky. Will always keep you in mind. We accomplished our ride on 6/9/14

Hi June,

Thanks for the great review! We are happy the weather was in your favor that day as well! I can tell by your pictures it was a beautiful and sunny day! The way you described a Hot Air Balloon ride was on point! It is very surreal and quiet and as close as you can get to being a cloud in the sky as you get that unforgettable floating sensation! We hope to see you again soon and thank you for sharing your pictures with us! :)