“Fantastic stay!”

Inn at Churon Winery
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I must have gotten the same unfriendly person on the phone as another reviewer, but don't let that deter you. The inn is lovely--and the service is friendly and helpful. Our very reasonable price included wine tasting, room, and made to order breakfast (not buffet). I recommend you ask for a room on the first floor--as you may have a patio that leads right to the fountains and grounds. The wine tasting was lively and fun--the Chardonnay was our favorite. If I had not been flying with carry on luggage, I would have purchased some of the beautiful tiles in the tasting room area. The breakfast outside was beautiful--I ordered the eggs florentine, which was delicious. There were several options for breakfast from eggs, to french toast, with a personable wait staff. Only downside--the water in the bathroom sink only runs HOT. Really hot...and with the drought there, I felt bad about letting it run to get cooler to brush my teeth. For some reason, the bathtub had cold water, but not the sinks! There were three of us, and they do not have roll-aways (we were told it was not allowed by county law). I'd go back in a heartbeat! What beautiful country--I want to go back when the grape vines are not dormant. It was really fun to wake up to hot air balloons outside the patio door!

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor, so you can walk right onto the gardens/grounds.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BBMT

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I had previously called for information on the Inn and was quite upset with the women who answered the phone, actually she was beyond rude! The couple we are traveling with where interested in the Inn, so I gave it another chance!
I was speaking to another front desk lady agent who was polite, informative and gave us very good prices for the dates we requested! I told her we called before and was turned off by the attitude. She apologized and was exceptional in her demeanor and was understanding to our requests.
We are traveling with another couple, and was given information on the Inn, local attractions and things of interest! It was refreshing and changed my mind about booking a 3 day stay.

Room Tip: ask about meals, service, local attractions, pet friendly
2  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had been wine tasting at Churon before, but recently stayed there at the Inn for the first time. I was very happy with everything; the room, the service, the food, the wine, and the location.

I don't know if every room has a Jacuzzi tub and we hadn't explicitly asked for one but we had one in our room which we took advantage of. The room was spacious, clean, a nice working fireplace (which was nice as we were there in the winter), and a balcony with a great view out over the valley.

Churon also offers a special tasting for guests after their normal hours. Guests get to sample the entire wine list and the pours were more than generous. If you're going to do the guest tasting there, make sure you're not coming to it already a bit sloshed from other tastings!

The breakfast in the morning was perfect. Not extravagant by any means, but a decent variety, good portions, good juice and coffee, and friendly service.

Churon is also well located if you want to avoid driving around for tastings since you can walk to more tastings than you could possibly do in a day; Calloway, Thornton, Baily, Miramonte, and Churon itself, all within walking (or stumbling) distance!

2  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I bought a groupon months ago, finally got to use it and even though it expired, they honored it. By now I was hesitant to go but am so glad I did! When I arrived at the Inn there was just 5 minutes left at wine hour, there was a sign at the reception desk telling me to come down to the tasting room, Debbie quickly served me a few tastings, let me take a glass with me and then checked me in. The room was charming-great fireplace, patio directly across from vineyard, complementary bottle of wine not in the room but quickly provided, bathroom large, bed comfortable. I only have good things to say, my friend joined me and we had a perfect girls getaway. There may be a few things that could be improved but if you are looking for a peaceful, charming retreat this is it! In vino veritas!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dlgmok
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed here as part of a groupon for hot air ballooning. I had read mixed reviews and was a little nervous. When we arrived we were told we had one of the owners favorite rooms. (208 upstairs) The room is enormous with a fireplace and a large balcony overlooking the small vineyard. The bathroom is very large with a jacuzzi tub for two and a large shower. They have complementary wine tasting in their tasting room from 5-6 PM for guests. The wines were very nice and the pours very generous. Breakfast is included and arrived quickly and was ample and tasty. Only confusion was when we went to check out and they started to charge my credit card. When I reminded them it was a groupon it was remedied I would happily return to this inn

Room Tip: Rooms 208 and 209 in the center upstairs are probably the best for a view
3  Thank worldtravelor1757
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Upon arrival the lady at the front desk was really warm and welcoming. We found our room (on the second floor) and were quite impressed, lovely view, large balcony, huge bathroom, comfy bed, nice gas fireplace. The next day we left around 8:00, had breakfast (okay food, good service). We ran around all day and came back at 5:00 for the wine tasting, only to find that the room had not been serviced at all. We asked the lady at the front desk (again, she was very nice) for service, and went out for dinner. We came back and although we did have new towels on the edge of the bathtub, all of the used towels were still in a pile on the floor, and the water/wine glasses were sitting there still dirty, and the bed was unmade. We are very clean guests and just would have liked at least the towels picked up and the water/wine glasses replaced/perhaps the bed made? Like the other reviewers stated, the room was very nice but the property is in need of repair. The view of the hot air balloons in the morning was a plus! We used the Travelzoo voucher, would not pay the regular rack rates to stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose second floor room middle of the building for a great view off the balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LFN2013
InnatChuronWinery, Owner at Inn at Churon Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Inn at Churon Winery. I certainly apologize for the difficulty you had with housekeeping services and I will address this with the housekeeping staff immediately. As far as updating the property - this is an ongoing process in which we do try to keep current.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We came for a wedding weekend. Really cute place, rooms are big with fireplace. Now a few things I think that could make it better. It needs to be updated for the price they charge per night, bathroom wallpaper had a horrible patch job, just change it already! I noticed a very strong bleach smell when we first walked in, I thought that was strange. Breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the winery are obvious what you want.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends