“Quaint Getaway”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Orangevale, California
“Quaint Getaway”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed two nights for our couples getaway. The check in lady "Debbie", was super friendly and we saw her again at the free wine tasting from 5-6 pm. It was a Travelzoo special and we were extremely satisfied. Room came with wonderful king size bed, large patio, fireplace and huge bathroom with large jacuzzi tub. Daily breakfast had 5 choices that were very good, coffee, juice, etc. Only complaint is their brand of coffee is not to my taste buds--in the room either. Not a large place (maybe 20 rooms), so easy to get around. Many other wineries along this road, so good base for wine tasting. We had their Fri/Sat 5 course specialty dinner that included 5 glasses of wine. Good deal and we didn't have to drive home! Lovely place and we would return!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Unanimous

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Marina Del Rey, CA
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed here two nights last year, right after the end of tax season. We got a deal off of one of the travel sites. I reviewed it on Yelp at that time but hadn't posted here until now. We're thinking of returning after tax season is over this year.

I was not sure what to expect as the reviews for this place are pretty varied.

We arrived right during the complimentary wine tasting. We aren't huge wine drinkers but had a glass of the Cuvee. The person who works the front desk also works the wine tasting, so we had to wait for her to come up and check us in.

We loved our room. We were on the second floor, and the view was gorgeous. We had a private balcony with a table and chairs and were able to sit outside and enjoy the beauty. Our room had a fireplace, a fairly comfortable king-sized bed, a large bathroom with a separate jacuzzi tub and his and her vanity/sink areas, separated by a shower. There was only one minus in this lovely room - the carpeting was old and looked dirty.

Breakfast in the morning was pretty good. There were just a few items to choose from, but everything was cooked to order and fresh. The first morning, the coffee was cold, and the server was not the friendliest, but the second morning, though more crowded, was better.

Aside from maybe a little updating (carpets), and perhaps having nice robes in the room to use after the jacuzzi tub, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. If we don't return after tax season this year, I'm sure we'll return soon.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl S
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I must have gotten the same unfriendly person on the phone as another reviewer, but don't let that deter you. The inn is lovely--and the service is friendly and helpful. Our very reasonable price included wine tasting, room, and made to order breakfast (not buffet). I recommend you ask for a room on the first floor--as you may have a patio that leads right to the fountains and grounds. The wine tasting was lively and fun--the Chardonnay was our favorite. If I had not been flying with carry on luggage, I would have purchased some of the beautiful tiles in the tasting room area. The breakfast outside was beautiful--I ordered the eggs florentine, which was delicious. There were several options for breakfast from eggs, to french toast, with a personable wait staff. Only downside--the water in the bathroom sink only runs HOT. Really hot...and with the drought there, I felt bad about letting it run to get cooler to brush my teeth. For some reason, the bathtub had cold water, but not the sinks! There were three of us, and they do not have roll-aways (we were told it was not allowed by county law). I'd go back in a heartbeat! What beautiful country--I want to go back when the grape vines are not dormant. It was really fun to wake up to hot air balloons outside the patio door!

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor, so you can walk right onto the gardens/grounds.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BBMT
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I had previously called for information on the Inn and was quite upset with the women who answered the phone, actually she was beyond rude! The couple we are traveling with where interested in the Inn, so I gave it another chance!
I was speaking to another front desk lady agent who was polite, informative and gave us very good prices for the dates we requested! I told her we called before and was turned off by the attitude. She apologized and was exceptional in her demeanor and was understanding to our requests.
We are traveling with another couple, and was given information on the Inn, local attractions and things of interest! It was refreshing and changed my mind about booking a 3 day stay.

Room Tip: ask about meals, service, local attractions, pet friendly
2 Thank Michael F
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had been wine tasting at Churon before, but recently stayed there at the Inn for the first time. I was very happy with everything; the room, the service, the food, the wine, and the location.

I don't know if every room has a Jacuzzi tub and we hadn't explicitly asked for one but we had one in our room which we took advantage of. The room was spacious, clean, a nice working fireplace (which was nice as we were there in the winter), and a balcony with a great view out over the valley.

Churon also offers a special tasting for guests after their normal hours. Guests get to sample the entire wine list and the pours were more than generous. If you're going to do the guest tasting there, make sure you're not coming to it already a bit sloshed from other tastings!

The breakfast in the morning was perfect. Not extravagant by any means, but a decent variety, good portions, good juice and coffee, and friendly service.

Churon is also well located if you want to avoid driving around for tastings since you can walk to more tastings than you could possibly do in a day; Calloway, Thornton, Baily, Miramonte, and Churon itself, all within walking (or stumbling) distance!

2 Thank Thomas B
San Diego
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I bought a groupon months ago, finally got to use it and even though it expired, they honored it. By now I was hesitant to go but am so glad I did! When I arrived at the Inn there was just 5 minutes left at wine hour, there was a sign at the reception desk telling me to come down to the tasting room, Debbie quickly served me a few tastings, let me take a glass with me and then checked me in. The room was charming-great fireplace, patio directly across from vineyard, complementary bottle of wine not in the room but quickly provided, bathroom large, bed comfortable. I only have good things to say, my friend joined me and we had a perfect girls getaway. There may be a few things that could be improved but if you are looking for a peaceful, charming retreat this is it! In vino veritas!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dlgmok
La Mesa, California
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed here as part of a groupon for hot air ballooning. I had read mixed reviews and was a little nervous. When we arrived we were told we had one of the owners favorite rooms. (208 upstairs) The room is enormous with a fireplace and a large balcony overlooking the small vineyard. The bathroom is very large with a jacuzzi tub for two and a large shower. They have complementary wine tasting in their tasting room from 5-6 PM for guests. The wines were very nice and the pours very generous. Breakfast is included and arrived quickly and was ample and tasty. Only confusion was when we went to check out and they started to charge my credit card. When I reminded them it was a groupon it was remedied I would happily return to this inn

Room Tip: Rooms 208 and 209 in the center upstairs are probably the best for a view
3 Thank worldtravelor1757