“ONE bad apple spoiled it for the bunch”

Inn at Churon Winery
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed 8 July 2014

ONE bad apple spoiled it for the bunch. Enid, morning front desk lady, is rude and unprofessional. After check out on the way home she called saying we left the room dirty and was going to charge us $50. I asked where that was in the contract, her reply "do you live like that?". I wasn't aware of the fact that I was supposed to vacuum, empty the trash and fold the linens prior to check out. I left $5 cash in the room for housekeeping too. I asked for further explanation and she hung up on me. Called back and asked again but she kept raising her voice, cut me off mid-sentence and hung up on me again.

During check-in she said if we wanted to open our complimentary Churon wine that was placed in our room we had to bring it down stairs to her at the front desk to have it open. She said people were stealing the wine openers so our rooms didn't have any. She's short with her replies and not friendly in general.

Had my wife call back after Enid hung up on me twice and pretend to ask for availability. She was short with her too. After Enid found out my wife didn't have a travelzoo voucher Enid was much more friendly and courteous. Hilarious!

Carpet in room 208 and 207 are stained in numerous spots and appear old and really worn out. No A/C in the hall ways. Nothing to do around the Inn. You have to drive at least 15 min to get to any type of food/entertainment. One of the linens had a yellow stain spot the size of a football.

Pluses - Grounds are well kept. Breakfast was good. Staff, afternoon front desk (Ally) and waiters were nice and attentive.

Would not recommend this place to my worst enemy with its faults.

Room Tip: Room 207 and 208 bad dirty stained worn out carpet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jay-yo
InnatChuronWinery, Owner at Inn at Churon Winery, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

As the owner of the Inn at Churon Winery, I want to apologize for the way you were treated during your recent stay. First, please know we are in the process of recarpting rooms and hope to have that completed by the end of the year. Concerning your interactions wtih the front desk, please know that I will address that immediately with the person you named. We want our guests to enjoy their stay at the Inn and not feel offended by the personnel. I thank you for bringing this to our attention, so that the issues can be addressed.
Judy Thomas
Owner

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were given a gift certificate for the Inn. Checked in June 30 for two nights. On the positive side; We found the rooms to be spacious, and the bathroom quite large. Breakfast was served in the terrace, great food and great service. I was notified immediately that I had left pair os shoes behind and they offered to mail them. I loved sitting outside ,reading and looking at the vineyards. On the negative side; luck of safe and outlets in the room. The rooms need to be updated, they look tired, carpets were not very clean, and the back entrance to the building was dirty , unkept and wires from the venting machines were hanging out loose. The carpet on that specific area was a mess. After my first usage of that entrance it upset me to go back through it. The owners need to do better job with the upkeep of the grounds on the back side of the building , and also need to update the inside.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GEORGIA062
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Churon Winery the first week of June and had a wonderful time. The grounds are beautiful. We have some great family pictures. The rooms are huge!!! We reserved 5 rooms and we were all on the second floor in a row. Each room has a private balcony with a table and chairs. It's a great way to start your day with coffee overlooking the vineyards or ending your night with a glass of wine and the stars. All the rooms came with a fireplace for a cozy feel.The bathrooms are as big as the rooms themselves. The gigantic bathtub/whirlpool was a wonderful way to relax at night. The breakfast in the morning was not your typical hotel breakfast. It was a delicious menu with lots of options. The only tiny thing I would critique is that there was not a vegetarian option on the menu. My sister is a vegetarian and because of special/health circumstances is not allowed to have dairy products either. She ended up skipping breakfast all together. This is a lovely place to stay and we are already planning our next visit!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank megopoppins
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Damon Prince organized the most unforgettable stay in the Chardonnay Suite...

Our Temecula experience will always stand out as the weekend I fell in love. I didn’t realize what was headed my way. I thought my boyfriend and I were going to have a casual weekend exploring wine tasting in beautiful, southern California’s wine country. What I got was so much more! Upon arrival, I was greeted with the warmest welcome from Debbie at the front desk. She handled all our accommodations and sent us off in a jiffy! (Equipped with not one but two complimentary, hot breakfast tickets for the morning.) We opened the door to our Chardonnay Suite to find a luxurious Jacuzzi styled bathtub, his and her sinks, a full luxurious shower and a roaring fireplace. Immediately, I knew I was in for a top drawer treat. Resisting every urge to throw my swimsuit on and jump in, I checked out the rest of this gilded room. Next, the suite opened up to a beautiful sitting area that could easily entertain 10. With a bar included, this area was perfect for entertaining guests, sitting by the fireplace, or simply relaxing! It truly was the sleeping accommodations that melted me. A spacious, king sized bed with a patio overlooking the beautiful Temecula Wine Country. We were quick to open the French-styled doors and sit out there. As we said ‘cheers’ with poured Wilson Creek Almond Champagne, we overlooked the entire estate of Churon. Man, was it beautiful at sunset!

At last, it was time to see what Churon Winery’s tasting room was all about. After all, we had a complimentary tasting with our stay! I have never tasted more crisp wines or had more informed servers. I will definitely be back whether we stay overnight or not! After getting ready, we hurried off to the Balloon and Wine Festival which was fabulous only to eagerly return to our room after the concert! This is when we cozzied up next to the in-room fire place with our newly purchased bottle of Churon Wine!

The next morning we went to breakfast which was positioned perfectly to take in the full bounty of the breathtaking Churon Vineyard. I ordered their omelet with vegetables, ham and cheese, a side of toast and fruit. My boyfriend got the croissant breakfast sandwich. Both meals satisfied our taste buds. Check-out time was approaching, but not before one last ‘cheers’ on our balcony. We sat and sipped mimosas with Wilson Creek Mandarin Champagne until 10:59 am...because check out time was 11:00am.

My weekend stay at the Chardonnay suite will always stand out in my mind. Its somewhere that I am definitely returning to make another memory. The quiet sounds of the Churon Vineyards and the gorgeous views allowed us to have the most intimate vacation I have ever had.

I strongly suggest making this a stop on your Destination Temecula Tour Or any time you take a Trip to Temecula!

Room Tip: The Chardonnay Suite is breathtaking!
3  Thank Alysse A
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Inn at Churon Winery was decent. The room was spacious and comfortable with a gigantic bathroom which included a jacuuzzi tub... sadly we didn't partke. The grounds are peaceful, but felt like they were lacking something. Perhaps an outdoor spa? Breakfast is delicious.
I expected more from it's stately appearance as we drove up. Front desk help was a little brusque; the same as when I made the reservation by phone. I can forgive that. The main problem was the noisy AC unit that buzzed/hummed every 15 minutes or so. Hopefully that doesn't apply to all the rooms.
All rooms face the valley/vineyards. Nice to wake up and see hot-air ballons drifting overhead...

Room Tip: Avoid room 211 until the AC unit gets fixed.
2  Thank Keith F
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a wonderful, small but quaint Inn with a terrific selection of wines during the private wine tasting. Staff like Dani Thomas and Enrique went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. We were able to check in one hour earlier and begin our celebrations.

Room Tip: Northern facing rooms on the second floor have a great view.
2  Thank Jeanne H
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We bought the special in January & later booked 2 nights, April 8th-9th. It's the best value in Temecula; spacious rooms, fireplace, patio, large granite bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, excellent bed & bedding, adequate lighting, complimentary bottle of wine, free winetasting from 5:00-6:00 PM & excellent breakfast menu. Eggs Benedict very good. Staff very friendly & helpful. Three minor drawbacks; no in room safe, a/c noisy & hallways could use some maintenance. We would go back especially at those rates.

Room Tip: If you're handicapped or just use a cane stay on first floor; no elevators. Stay at one end or...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple