“Excellent B&B! Highly recommend!”
Review of Wilson Creek Manor

Wilson Creek Manor
Ranked #3 of 6 Temecula B&B and Inns
Newport Beach, California
“Excellent B&B! Highly recommend!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 1 Year Anniversary here! This is a mansion and there are only 9 suites. It is a great location right across the street from Wilson Creek Winery! We were greeted by Sherri and we stayed in the Syrah Suite! It was a great suite with access to a balcony looking out at the wineries and a jacuzzi tub! From 5-6:30, there was a reception with wine from Wilson Creek and with cheese and other appetizers. It was really nice and we met some other great couples! In the morning, they had a continental breakfast with mimosas! The Manor not only has great rooms, there is access to a kitchen, a nice pool, outdoor fire pit and bbq. There's also a huge game room with big screen tv, pool table and ping pong table! Abby helped us book the room and was also very helpful! She made reservations for our anniversary dinner and assisted us with anything that we needed! You can also rent the whole manor which we are looking at doing now with some of our friends as it would be a perfect get a way! We are from Orange county and this was the perfect location for our Anniversary Trip!

Room Tip: A lot of the upstairs rooms are great with the balconies overlooking the vineyard!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewportFun

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Manor for a night while wine tasting in the area, and had a wonderful experience! We were greeted by Sherri with a glass of champagne, and she gave us a tour of the property. She was so friendly, and we felt like family immediately. We stayed in the Merlot room, and it was beautifully decorated and immaculate. After wine tasting at the Wilson Creek Winery, we returned for the wine and cheese hour. The spread was amazing, and no shortage of great wine! We met Abby, and she was very friendly and attentive. We enjoyed the jacuzzi in the evening, and found the beds very comfortable.
The next morning we saw the hot air balloons from our balcony, then went down to the kitchen where Abby greeted us with a great spread of pastries, fruit, coffee and, of course, mimosas! We asked Abby about the history of the property, and she brought out a book with the photos of the home prior to the renovation done by the Wilson family. It gave us even more appreciation for the beauty and tasteful decor of the property now. This location is a perfect place to stay when you want to enjoy the many wineries in the area. We look forward to returning again soon!

Room Tip: rooms on upper level facing the street have a balcony with great view of hot air ballons in the morn...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank badolphe
Oceanside, California
Reviewed 16 April 2014

First off: We did not stay there-but we really tried to!! This is a relatively new place, although the winery has been there for years. We attempted to make a reservation for 3 rooms to meet friends from the Palm Springs area. I called the main number-was transferred to 4 different extensions-finally someone picked up the phone, found out I was not "Alex", and they promptly hung up. I called back-was again transferred from the grill to the tasting room to the wine club and then. . . .left on eternal hold (their on hold music is very raucous). Now, I am up for "the challenge", so I called back a 3rd time: Again, transferred to various extensions-finally getting someone who said she could help me if I could just hold "for a moment". Since I was on my cell phone, this was no big problem-I simply went outside, got the newspaper, made a fruit shake, sat by my pool, read the paper, etc. After 53 minutes on hold, I had finished my shake and the newspaper, so I hung up and called South Coast Winery & Spa. Within 7 minutes I had booked the 3 villas we wanted, had my confirmation, and was off the phone...7 minutes total!! Now, in their defense, Wilson Creek is a great winery, fun place, etc. We have been there numerous times for concerts, picnics, etc. and always had a great time. If they can solve there switchboard woes, they might just have a good package. Most people are not as patient as us, and would simply move on, as we eventually did.

Room Tip: The rooms at The South Coast Winery & Spa are definitely more available.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hunter003
San Diego, California
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Had a late valentines day celebration here in February. Its little confusing when you get there as it isnt the traditional hotel layout I am used to, it just looks like a mansion. Most of the parking is a dirt lot. The interior is really nice and clean. There were a lot of positives staying here. THe location makes a great base for exploring the wine country. We got free sampling tickets for the winery each day we were there, and you got a free bottle each night, as well as a treat (we got milk and cookies one night, fruit cheese and cracker platter the next). There is also a kitchen and the Sunday we left they had continental breakfast with mimosas. The shower was a bit akward as it was a huge tub/shower, which was meant mostly for baths, so you had to lean to get hit by shower, and the toilet paper was a bit rough. Theres not really a lot to do in the valley, so be prepared to go into Temecula to eat.

Room Tip: The rooms have different layouts so call to find what room may suit you.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple