“Disappointing”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Temecula
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed 13 August 2013

It's hard to understand the hotel situation in Temecula and it's surroundings other than that they are busy and don't feel any need to make an effort. It appears to be a very touristy area, but the hotels are either rather over-priced wineries (none of which get exceptional reviews), or very over-priced, old, name brand hotels. We chose the Fairfield because it had the least worst reviews. The property is old, the room very unattractive and over-looking the carpark, the breakfast not bad and with some healthy (ish) options. I have to grouch at this point about the amount of contamination with all the throw away plates and cutlery. I HATE this. Surely a dishwasher and some cheap china would be nicer and cheaper...and would give somebody a job...come on Marriott!!!!

The high point for me was the charming, helpful and impeccably turned out receptionist. I don't think that I have ever seen such brilliantly applied makeup other than in beauty magazines. It struck me too late that I should have asked her to do mine for the wedding that we went to.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank archibalda

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Staff was very nice. Great customer service, they even although us to check in early. The room are clean and spacious. Complimentary breakfast has a good variety. Beds are comfy. Price was just right and close to everything.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have been to many many Fairfield hotels before and I know that they are very friendly and will make sure your stay is very pleasurable and you are happy with their service. Not this one!!! They gave me a room that was on the opposite end of the building and I asked them to put me in another one. They found me one without a microwave. I asked the manager if they could put one in my room or bring the one from the other room. She told me something I will never find a way to believe... She said some rooms are built with microwave in mind and some are not. She said there was no way for her to put a microwave in my room. I was willing to pay extra every night for the microwave and she still said no. They clearly don't do their best to keep their ELITE customers happy.

Room Tip: Not accommodating management!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Suro N
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while visiting wineries in the Temecula area. It was in a ideal location. The hotel and our room were immaculate and squeaky clean. The staff was friendly and very helpful for directions and suggestions in the area. They provided a very nice hot breakfast in a very well designed dining area. We have stayed in many hotels over the years and this one was one of the best maintained for the price. This hotel is definitely a good value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob W
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My wife and I visit Temecula quite often to see our son and his family. We have stayed at several hotels/motels and never really been happy until now. The staff at the Fairfield was knowledgeable, efficient and courteous The facility was very clean and they offered a nice complimentary breakfast in the morning. The rooms were clean and well appointed and the bed was comfortable.
It is in a location that offers easy freeway access, is close to shopping, has plenty of free parking, a nice all around facility.
Like I said at the beginning of all the places we have stayed at in Temecula the Fairfield is by far the best and so would highly recommend if you are visiting the area.

Room Tip: Some rooms are closer to the freeway than others, request a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed here with our baseball team (10 yr olds) for a memorial day tournament. The staff was awesome. We barbecued, potlucked, and they even let us put our food in the employee fridge. Convenient location and close to the baseball fields. Breakfast was far from gourmet but the kids loved it.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool seem bigger than the outer facing rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2013

ok, so its a Fairfield -- expecting average but this was below. The front desk staff on arrival was really rude, the room was dingy, dusty -- LOUD LOUD LOUD. The location is fine right off the 15 so easy access, but with so many other hotells in the stretch next time I will try sometning else. Marriott -- you need to start really evalating the quality of your hotels that represent the brands -- starting to experience a few that are seriously disappointing.

Room Tip: top floor -- i seriously had to listen to banging above me both nights.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business