“Not Good, But Also Not Bad”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Temecula
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Southern California
“Not Good, But Also Not Bad”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Let me explain, I have been to many Marriott Properties and in fairness to this location I will point out the Pros and Cons as I am undecided to this location, and can not honestly say if I would return.

PRO: Location, this is right in the middle of the action, and within walking distance to several restaurants, fast food places (one right in front of the hotel) and shopping (let then a mile away, not to mention you are also close to the wineries and old Temecula.
PRO: Staff-This probably has one of the better staff people, they are excited to see you and make sure you are having a good time and seemed concerned when you point out something that isn't right. One of the Superstars that bears noting is Cornelia who deserves special notice for making you feel special and welcome.
PRO: Plenty of free parking no mater what time you show up, in a well light parking lot.
PRO: Room is clean and has almost everything you would expect in a Fairfield Inn, most importantly a comfortable bed.

Now on to the objectionable items (depending on your point of view or tolerance level)

CON: Location, where this is a pro this is also a con, because you are located (as are most hotels in Temecula) right up against the very busy 15 freeway and a very busy intersection (one of the busiest in Temecula) I dont care where your room is; you WILL HEAR NOISE now depending on the location of said room that is the degree or volume of noise you will hear. I was located on the 3rd floor in a corner and with the exception of the road noise (which didn't bother me because I am used to it) it was a quite location.
CON: Internet Speed, This was so slow that it almost took me back to the old 2400 baud rate modem days (Old computer user reference) I tried this connection at various times of the day and night and no mater what time it was, it was so SLOW.
CON: Room, this has to have been one of the smallest rooms in the Fairfield system, now to be fair to the location, it was designed to flow pretty well, and you didn't feel so cramped you couldn't move but on the other hand it was defiantly compact in there. If you had large luggage I don't know what you would do with it.
CON: Breakfast, this amenity needs some help, and it would be an easy fix. Put some more healthy choices out, mix it up a bit with the hot food items (maybe go wild and try bacon every once in a while) there was no granola and the oatmeal was from packets (you know how cheap rolled oats and water are??) This was one of those items that wasn't horrible but it does need improvement.
CON: Noise factor, like the location this is a problem, once again depending on where you land in the hotel, can either be decent or a nightmare. With doors slamming shut (they need to put limiters on the doors to prevent this as this slows the door down when being closed) and kids running in the rooms or down the halls (we experienced a little bit of this but due to our location were spared 99% of that noise) I don't know how you would stop the kids part other then complain to the front desk.

All in all this wasn't a bad time but I don't know if I would be running back to this location. I usually have a definite opinion of most places but was so much on the fence that I thought I would share with you my thought process and let you make the determination. Temecula is a nice area but when it comes down to inexpensive choices for the weekend, you are limited in your choices. Special Note: Depending on the time of year and day of your visit this area can get really busy to a point of grid lock at the intersections and wall to wall people everywhere you go. Weekends are the worst and closer to major Holidays are not much better.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd Floor, and on the south side of the hotel, closest to the street. The lar...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank heumanntouch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Temecula, California
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

The facade looks beautiful...we were excited, until we walked into our room :/

Hair on the bathroom floor!!!!

Hair in the tub!!!

Remote does not change channels unless you are literally 1 foot away from the T.V. Annoying!

Freezer, it was so loud we had to disconnect the fridge.

Walls are paper thin! Nice just what I want to do is hear my neighbor talking at midnight :/

Room, bird cage size! Horrible.

Amenities....NONE! Equivalent to a Motel 6 inside, wish I was exaggerating :/

Wi-Fi, the worst ....kicked us off more times than I care to recall.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, BYPASS THIS P.O.S.... $169 is HIGHWAY ROBBERY!!!

Springhill Suites has GREAT rooms, loved it there!
+CLEAN
+Spacious
+Well appointed, the bathroom & shower are separated with full sliding doors. Nice for extra privacy.
+Great Wi-FI.
+Charging capabilities for iPhone or iPad (great bonus).
+Separate work station.
+Comfy beds & pillows.
+Quiet rooms.

They were SOLD OUT or my husband & I would have bailed!!!

ONLY positive:
Anthony our front desk clerk was friendly, efficient, patient with our reservation & most of all very accommodating! Thx Anthony :)

Forfeit this place!!!!!

Stayed February 2014

Travellers are raving about these Temecula hotels

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Many Inns in Temecula had comments related to noise from the adjacent freeway, but fewer noise comments at the Fairfield Inn. Booked a room, good choice. The room was clean and quiet. Got a great nights rest.
Other places offered a microwave in the room but the Fairfield didn't provide that..In the end, it wasn't necessary. Breakfast buffet was nothing special but provided good variety and was certainly edible. Got me off to a good start in the mornings. Defiantly better than, "Have a donut" that some places offer.

Doubt you can find a better place to stay in Temecula without a much steeper rate. I would absolutely stay here again should I ever return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank audry2
Chicago
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times now for business and have stayed in a very nice suite for a very reasonable price. I look forward to staying here because the beds are very comfortable! It is in a great location with lots of dining options nearby and also shopping. Rooms are very spacious and clean, staff very friendly, and the free breakfast is always good. I will definitely stay here again whenever I am in Temecula.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
yardley pa
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Spent a few days here as a midpoint to meet friends. The hotel is Marriott's version of a basic hotel. We usually stay at Marriott hotels or Residence Inns. We were very pleased to find a very clean, nice rooms, and very pleasant public areas. Pool and hot tub were clean and quiet. Breakfast is a nice step up from a continental breakfast, but more basic than in a Residence Inn.

Hotel has views of pool or road. Surprisingly, the pool view was noisier (close to highway) and the road view was on the other side shopping center parking lot. We took a road view after recommendation from the front desk and it was and very quiet.

Temecula itself was charming. Main street of antique shops, galleries and tourist stores. Cute restaurants. Many very nice vineyard tours in the immediate area.

Room Tip: Hotel has views of pool or road. Surprisingly, the pool view was noisier (close to highway) and the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This has been our go to hotel when we visit Temecula and its surrounding area. It's located close to the old downtown and a number of good restaurants -- including the Guadalajara, one of the best Mexican restaurants we’ve found in Southern California just a few blocks away. On the downside, the rooms can be noisy if you are the freeway side. Also, contrary to past experiences with an efficient check in, we had to request a room change because the desk clerk failed to upgrade our stay, ignoring our Gold status and preferences, assigning us to one of the noisier standard rooms on the ground floor. Compared to past stays, that was a disappointment....

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for the quiet side of the hotel and remind them of your Rewards status.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank EAA-AV8R
KY horse capital
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites for over a week and we were very happy with our King Suite. The reception staff was the best. They even faxed a couple of documents for us for free. Our room on the 3rd floor was just 2 doors away from the elevator but was not a problem. The housekeeping staff was very considerate of our schedule and they kept our bathroom stocked w/ enough towels and toiletries. The Fairfield Inn and Suites will be our go to hotel next time we're in Temecula.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple