“Old town feel with good food”

Mad Madeline's Grill
Ranked #86 of 429 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 16 July 2014

With so many food places to choose from, Mad Madeline's draws you in. Madeline's sits on a busy conner in the heart of the main strip. You have a seating choice of this great bar that faces the street (so it you are a people watcher, this is the place to sit) or old style dinner booths. On hot summer days, they have misters that keep you cool and relaxed. You walk in, grab a menu and as you are sitting down your order is taken for drinks. I ordered the first thing on the menu, cheeseburger and fries. My food arrived in minutes (and they busy) and it was fresh and hot right off the grill. It was a friday night so they cooks were outside putting ribs on the barbecue for the rib special. Voted #1 burger place by the locals, Madeline's will not disappoint. Next time I will have to try a catch one of Madeline's car show nights.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Did something change? I have been here before and the burgers were always great. It was always crowded but worth the wait. This time, they were just 'ok'. The patty seemed thinner and not as juicy. I don't come this way very often so I was looking forward to this. I was disappointed. Was it a new cook, new meat vendor? not sure but not up to what I have had in the past. I hope they go back to the way it was.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived in Old Town Temecula hungry and knowing nothing about the city and found an attractive sign in the niddle of Old Town that promised good food. So we took a chance and found the sign was right.

We were told to pick any open seat and grab menus from a pile of them. We did so and soon, a friendly server walked us through the choices. Each of us had a hamburger (many choices abound) and we found them to be H-U-G-E (1/2 pound plus fries included) and quite tasty.

So, if you're hungry in Old Town Temecula and need a break from wine tasting at the surrounding wineries, Mad Madeline's is one of those off-beat and quirky local choices that are memorable.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The place was packed at 2:00 pm on Saturday for lunch. Waiting in the line without a good system to seat you is not a good start. The burgers could be really huge depends on what you order with great selection . To pay 3 dollars extra to substitute fries for a salad or onion rings is too pricey when you are ordering an 11 dollar mushroom burger. The meat and fixing is really good but it lacked the punch in flavor. Fries were flat but the onion rings were really good. Service was slow which forced the 3 star on my review. Would I go back? Yes but it's not on a must list , I checked it off as I have been there. This place has a great location and a type of food that appeals to masses but it's not the greatest hamburger. It also does not deserve a couple of slamming reviews .

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had the 1/4 hamburger, and it was the worst I have ever eaten. I make better burgers!!! Flat, dried out , no taste, and the worst ice tea, best used for washing ones car!!!! Down right BAD!!!!

I would say a MacD's or any of the chain burger joints is far, far better than this establishment!!!!