“Thank God for Vera :)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Temecula
Vail Lake RV Resort
Menifee, California
“Thank God for Vera :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

I have to give credit where credit is due. This year (2012) Halloween Was finally a great experience. My family have been going here for 6 years in a row and was giving up on this place till I met the new manager Vera! I can't begin to tell you how nice and concerened she is for that park. I have had a horrible experience with Nora from the last 2 years and was going to quit going but gave it one last shot. I won't go into any details on how bad we have been treated in the past but now they have NORA :). I hope she stays. She called me to confirm my reservation 2 weeks in advance. I was shocked this has never happened. A lot of us got to know and talk around our spaces and everybody got a confrimation call. That scored big points in my book since in the past they gave our pre-paid space to someone else and we were the bad guys. I was actually giving up on the place but gave it one last chance. Thank god for Vera!!!! keep it up and we will be back in 2013

2 Thank okinawa2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

What a wonderful resort! We had an amazing time over our Thanksgiving Weekend Holiday. The property is beyond expectations. We just adored Connie in the little Country Store, she was so warm and friendly. Not use to that in a general store located in an RV Resort! We had a grand spot in the upper campground with beautiful grass and a view to die for! We took a Breakfast Ride on the horses at the Stables. What a blast that was. I highly recommend that to all guests and locals that want a ride they will never forget . The guide was wonderful and the cooks were some of the best. What a fabulous idea that was! The Bunkhouse Bar was also a favorite spot. The bartender was a great guy and made the place very welcoming. I really can't say anything bad about our stay. It was more then we expected. I recommend it to any RV'er looking for a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MommaBear B
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

This is a beautiful place. We stayed there with our friends. Very green, a lot activities for the kids: arcade room, waterslides, swimming pools, horse stables.
The lake is gorgeous, our kids were able to swim there and try fishing. The campground is huge, some parts have beautiful large oak trees.
We had a truly lovely weekend. When we were leaving Sunday we decided to linger around the village a little bit. Our 4 year old decided to play some miniature golf. Vera, the manager, has even stayed past office hours and let our kids finish playing in the golf area. She spent over an hour talking to us about the resort and many other things.
She was the last one to leave, and even though it was Sunday afternoon she still made sure we didn't need anything else.
Her approach to guests is not only professional but also warm and personal, which is a rare find these days. We had a great time and certainly will come back.

Room Tip: This is a beautiful place. We stayed there with our friends. Very green, a lot activities for the ki...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Wildomar, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

First time to Vail Lake but really close to our house. Rain was in the forecast but figured we were so close to home, if it really poured, we would just go home. Really well kept, clean and large spots. Great activities but being winter, they were not open (will be back in warmer months FOR SURE). Actually went horse back riding. Appears to be a new activity - I did not see a review on it but figured we'd give it a try. My daughter, sister and I for 1 hour = $120 (plus tip). The ride wasn't quite an hour (which was a bummer) and the trail guide was pretty talkative about personal stuff. Other than that, horses were pretty good and well taken care of - something to do to get away from the campground for a bit. I think my sister and I may do the wine tasting tour when it gets up and running. Bar and Grill wasn't open and we were starving for a burger and beer - the grocery store offers quick and easy meals (burgers, dogs, etc)....and sells beer!!! So, we were able to kick back with our friends for a couple hours and chill out.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Corona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

This is our 9th year attending the festivities. Awsome experiance. Check-in is a brease. We never even got out of the car. So many activities for all ages. Haunted hay ride, haunted house, water slide, mazes, horse back riding, trick or treating. It is a wonderful place for the whole family. We wouldn't miss it.

1 Thank Michelle V
Ridgecrest, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Never had a bad experience..as a Temecula native this is the best place to "camp" in So Cal! We now live 3 hours north and travel to come just to Vail Lake. Yes its a little pricey but so worth it..I dont know any other resort that lets you bring your off road vehicles to use on the facility...and we thank them for making it that more enjoyable for us and our children! they have great hiking trails and horse back riding too! So what if the pool isn't heated...lakes and rivers arent either..if you want heated pools then go to a hotel! Awesome atmosphere down at the main site for campers and over all amazing experience every time...never want to go back to reality~! Holiday weekends are busy but sooooo fun...Vail Lake really knows how to decorate and get you into the spirit!!! everyone is so friendly and having a good time...noise is usually loud until around midnight and then its nice and quiet but thats better than out at the desert! Highly reccomended...great place for family and fun and very very kid friendly!!!

Room Tip: This is one place that offers grass areas...we love Lower Charrdonay Plaza!
1 Thank Krysta S
Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

My family and I discovered Vail Lake about 18 months ago and have spent at least 35 nights camping there since then. We love it, feel safe, enjoy the scenery, find the staff friendly, the hook-ups in working order and the restroom/shower facilities nice. Be ware......there are lots of wild animals there......coyotes, deer, bobcats, turkeys, hawks, herons, snakes, etc. But, that is one of the things that we like - seeing nature at it's best. Definitely keep your pets on a leash for two reasons; 1. so that they don't molest the animals and 2. so they don't become prey. You won't be disappointed with your camping experience at Vail Lake.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo