“Great getaway hotel”
Review of Temecula Creek Inn

Temecula Creek Inn
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I came here for work, but when I was at the hotel, I felt like I was on a nice vacation. Everyone is so nice and helpful, beautiful grounds. Great food at the restaurant, a little pricey, I agree with the others, but worth it. Definitely go for breakfast too, I love that it opens early at 6 am. The hot tub is big and overlooks the course, great view, stays open until 1130 pm as well, which is great. The parking and wifi is included in the resort fee which is an extra $12 per night, so if you are booking on hotels.com or whatever and it says surcharge, thats what they mean, but its automatically added on to the bill no matter what. The hotel is a bunch of smaller buildings with max of 2 floors spread out over the compound, so it feels much more private when you are walking around and in your room. As far as I could tell there were no elevators to the upper rooms, so if that is a problem, you should stay on the ground floor. There is a fitness area as well with a few machines that work well, no one was in there when I went. They have clean towels in the fitness area as well as cold water, which is nice. I am definitely going back.

Room Tip: Ask for one with balcony overlooking the golf course
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My girlfriend and I wanted to be away for New Years Eve to have a nice quiet evening together to celebrate. Our check in was seamless, the grounds spotless, and it was everything we wanted. We did visit Pechanga, which was a short cab ride away, but returned around 11:00. We did not use any of the facilities or restaurant, but they were available. We are returning on January 11th for another night on the town. I have played golf there, worth the trip.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room. All rooms have a view of the golf course, close to pool and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We spend a couple of nights in Temecula a couple of times a year and have for over 10 years
We find this the best overall experience of any other properties we have stayed at.
We are not golfers but enjoy the view of the course from the balcony. Rooms, staff, grounds always exceed our expectations. The location is great if you,want to sample the Temecula
Nightlife (if you have not explored old town try it. Something for every one.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Just returned from a quick visit - played plenty of golf on a package and the course was in great shape including the greens. The restaurant was a pleasant surprise - an excellent and creative breakfast so we returned for lunch too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I were in Temecula visiting our son and his family for Christmas, and this hotel was close. My husband also has played golf here, and wanted to play again, so we thought it would be convenient, plus you get a discount on golf if you stay here. The grounds are nice, and the golf course is really nice, my husband says. The hotel was nice enough, clean, comfortable bed, but I found the room was dark, and needed some updating. Had a hard time finding an electrical outlet in the room, for iPhone, and I Pad chargers. Big TV, little fridge, big bathroom, and it had one of those (supposedly) fancy clock radios where you could put your iPod in, but the problem ---- you couldn't read the digital time, it was too dark, and at night --- couldn't see it at all. Our room was in the building closest to the restaurant, and clubhouse, so it was very difficult to find a parking place. We were not offered the option to add breakfast to our plan, but would have if given the option. There was NO normal paperwork in room advertising their restaurant, or activities in the area. Was very UPSET when we found out we could have gotten room service. Went to the restaurant to get a take-out, and asked the waitress why there was NO menu in our room. She said, we would have to call the front desk and ask for a menu. WHAT?

Room Tip: Ask --- NOT to be in the building nearest the restaurant and clubhouse, if you want to park close to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nanski
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had not stayed here for a few years as our last visit was not very good since this hotel was quite tired with many issues. Now they have done the much needed upgrades to the rooms, plus the restaurant. We were very impressed by the room décor and nice bedding. Great new carpet and nice bathrooms, plus amenities. Our room had a great view of the golf course and had better outdoor patio furniture on our deck. The customer service was very, very good. We had to call the front desk for two minor issues, which were resolved within a few minutes. The room included closet safe, bathrobes and coffee maker. We had a restful sleep and enjoyed our stay. The only fault I can point out is that this hotel is very close to the 15 freeway, which is great for easy access, but you can hear some highway noise if sitting on the deck, by the pool or out and around . If not for this factor I would give 5 stars. We did not stay with a groupon deal, but our friends did and shared some faults with their breakfast. Our experience was nothing but positive, including a great dinner at their restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I was really skeptical after reading some of the reviews and so happy I decided to try the Temecula Creek Inn ourselves. We were there for a sports program where the location of the inn was the most convenient for us. The rooms were nice,not shabby (stayed in building 4) and the newly renovated Farm House Kitchen was really good. We found the staff eager to please and friendly. We considered staying in a chain hotel while in Temecula but were happy we gave this inn a chance. BTW they offer turn down, robes, feather pillows but you need to ask. Also, they are very good about early check in.

Golf course looked nice but we didn't have a chance to play the course.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
JCResortsMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for your review of Temecula Creek Inn! We're glad you enjoyed your stay - hopefully next time you will have a chance to play some golf!