“Not the best”

Temecula Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
“Not the best”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Was here for a wedding and stayed two nights. The room was just ok. For the price it should have been better. Some of our family who stayed too had by chance much nicer rooms. So ask to see room before deciding. The bathroom was bad. Bed was comfortable. Dinner at the restaurant was good but the service was the worst. Two hours to get dinner and hardly a word. Not sure I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Clclark44
Christine M, Director of Rooms at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Clclark44,

We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your stay. Having inconvenienced you and affected your stay so negatively is by no means the distinct, personalized service we strive to provide our guests at Temecula Creek Inn.

On behalf of the Restaurant General Manager, Alyssa Hudson, I also offer my apology for the unusally long wait time and the inattentive staff.

Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to further discuss the details of your stay.

Warm Regards,

Christine Machado
Director of Rooms
cmachado@jcresorts.com
(951) 587-1476

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We live in San Diego and were looking for a "date" night where we could get away and bring our dog.

Temecula Creek Inn fit the bill perfectly; It's only a hour drive from San Diego and was nestled in the hills just a few miles from the vineyards.

The property is great for pets as ours enjoyed the outdoor patio restaurant, going to the golf range, playing in the grass and sitting out on the deck watching the golfers.

The restaurant "Cork Fire Kitchen" offered some of the best food I have experienced (the shrimp and grits is a must).

If your looking for a quick San Diego get-away, try the Temecula Creek Inn, we're glad we did!

Room Tip: Face the golf course
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KurtisThrasher777
JCResortsMarketing, Public Relations Manager at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Kurtis, thank you so much for your review of the Temecula Creek Inn! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your compliment regarding the shrimp and grits on to our staff at Cork | Fire Kitchen. Thank you! (by the way, Stella is gorgeous!)
Encinitas, California
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Temecula Creek Inn is a fantastic place to play a relaxing round of golf and enjoy some great food and drinks afterward. I did not stay the night, so I can't comment on the rooms, but the course is in excellent shape (as of 3/18/14) and surrounded by picturesque scenery. I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience and I plan to return soon. I golfed with two friends, and we all agree that TCI would be a great place for a weekend golf getaway.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SDJRW
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This place is just wonderful. The rooms are on the course, with little balconies to start your day off with coffee and end it with a glass of wine. The course (3 nine hole) are in excellent condition and great fun to play.

We spent 3 nights (4 days) and had a beautiful time. We will be going back soon.
If you play golf-get the package...it is a really good value...almost like getting something for nothing.

The food at the on-site restaurant is very good (tho pricey) and the service is great. Have fun!

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room in the middle...very quiet..not much walk-by traffic (room 427) right on the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phyllis A
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We bought our stay on Groupon, excellent choice. We got a great deal, a wonderful room, great view, the golf was excellent. I read some reviews that were not favorable about the condition of this property, this is an older property, but very clean and I would come again. The food was great at breakfast, they make their own jelly and bacon from what I understand. The bed was comfortable with like 6 pillows and our room #161 was very clean and spacious with the vaulted ceiling.. Our balcony over looked the first tee, and was a nice place to enjoy a few drinks. The grounds are beautiful.. Cannot say anything bad about our stay.. Bring your club's....

Room Tip: Next to pro shop and Cook Fire...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I will start off saying that the customer service was amazing, from check in, help from maintenance and the restaurant, the workers were nice, but I will not stay here again. I live in Oregon and wanted to stay at a place with a nice pool and hot tub for my vacation to Southern CA; the pool was dirty and the hot tub was only full to my knees.

My room was on the second level and I had a lot to carry and there was no elevator. My room looked nice until I went into the bathroom, where everything is old and dingy. The shower was chipped, the shower curtain adorned a previous visitor's booger (NOT kidding) and the shower head was crusted with hard water stains. My room key stopped working TWICE and I had to make the long trek to the front desk to get it reprogrammed. Oh, and they have some weird TV service that doesn't come in all the time. You will be watching a show and it just keeps cutting out; so annoying. OK, last...no fridge or microwave. :(

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the front desk, so you don't have to walk so far to get to the restaurant, b...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Shelly H
Christine M, Director of Rooms at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Shelly H.,

I am pleased to hear about your positive experience with the staff at Temecula Creek Inn. We strive to provide friendly, customized service to each of our guests. My sincere apologies for the cleanliness issue encountered with your guest room; this inattention to detail is not typical of Temecula Creek Inn.

Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to further discuss the details of your stay.

Regards,
Christine Machado
Director of Rooms
cmachado@jcresorts.com
(951) 587- 1476
Phoenix
Reviewed 23 February 2014

As other reviewers have stated, this is an older property that has been somewhat updated. We asked for one of the remodeled rooms when we made our reservation and stayed in the building closest to the restaurant and golf clubhouse. We spent two nights there while visiting the nearby wineries. We looked forward to the cool, green oasis of the Temecula Creek Inn after the crowds around the wineries. The on property restaurant and bar area have been totally remodeled. We enjoyed breakfast there, but our favorite memory is sitting in the outside bar area listening to the water pouring over the boulders in the golf course lakes. It was shady and cool on a warm day. We enjoyed cocktails and delicious fig and goat cheese flat bread appetizers. A very relaxing atmosphere.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for one of the newly remodeled rooms!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple