“Bring earplugs!”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
sacramento
“Bring earplugs!”
Reviewed 20 June 2009

Unless you have superhuman powers of selective hearing skip this 'Inn', (or at least be very careful as to which room you're given). Otherwise the freeway noise drowns out everything, even through closed windows. This is such a shame because the setting otherwise is a beautiful oasis in the rugged landscape. The room itself was large but rather rundown, with chipped surfaces throughout and worn upholstery. The restaurant had a great breakfast, but spotty service. We had no problems with the staff, but others in our party did. My average rating comes largely from the wonderful event we were here for, and great group we were with. Unless you are very into golf find an alternate place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 18 May 2009

This was my second trip to Temecula and unfortunately the hotel I stayed at the first time was fully booked so I ended up booking four rooms at the Temecula Creek Inn. The online photos definitely make the place look a whole lot nicer...and had we gotten better rates (in the $90's and $100's versus the mid to high $200's), my review might be a little more forgiving.

It's true that they've renovated the rooms. However, had they put a little more money in to the upgrades (whether it was the tile in the bathroom, the linens on the bed or the tv's in each room), that would have made a world of difference. Also, some of the rooms were dirty when we arrived (cobwebs in the ceilings, etc.), but we were so tired when we checked-in, we didn't want to bother with changing everyone's rooms. I had also canceled my in-room massage appointment before I arrived at the hotel, but for some reason or another, that message didn't get passed on to the massuse so I was unexpectedly woken-up that morning. The massuse was nice and since she was there, I decided to keep the appointment. However, when I went to check out, there were some issues with my bill (since I originally had a special package deal which included my room and the massage) so I had to work that out with the Front Desk.

Fortuantely the food was decent at the on-site restaurant (I had breakfast on the first day and brunch on the second) and the golfers in our group liked the golf course (which was a relief because they play golf at some of the nicest courses in the US).

Would I go back? I think the hotel has a lot of potential and if they were to bring the right people in and make a few changes to the rooms, I might consider it. However, if things stay the same, I'd prefer to stay at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa...or I'd even consider staying at the local Embassy Suites.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank ohana2009
Burbank
Reviewed 27 February 2009

This was our first "Wine" trip and our first time out to Temecula. I booked the entire package online: hotel, dinner & breakfast as well as Wine Tour on the Grapeline. We arrived in Temecula on Saturday afternoon; check in was ok although there seemed to be a little bit of confusion as to which package we had purchased.
The inn itself is rather plain - guess some people would call it rustic. The buildings are plain and box-like, didn't see much in the way of architectural interest, had a camp-like feel to me. The rooms were nice and big and we had a nice balcony overlooking the golf course but other than that there was nothing special about them - probably the nicest part was the fluffy bedding. The bathrooms were also ok - not luxurious - just nice. The inn has a small pool and jacuzzi; it was cold so we just went into the jacuzzi. The grounds were nice with lots of trees and the golf course around us. All in all felt the Inn was nice but a bit overpriced. The rest of the trip was really nice - the restaurant at the Inn was excellent had dinner and brunch there - the food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Also had a lot of fun on the Grapeline tour.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CAtravelers02
California
Reviewed 28 January 2009

My husband and I stayed one night at Temecula Creek Inn for a romantic get-away. The property is pretty, however I thought the hotel was average and a little over priced. They do allow a one-night Saturday stay, which we found hard to find elsewhere.

The hotel's restaurant (I already forgot the name) was good, but over-priced. The hotel even charges $10 for outdoor, unattended parking. We had no problems with any of the staff and found everyone to be friendly.

All in all, my husband and I enjoyed our stay but think the Temecula Creek Inn is a little too proud of itself.

• Liked — Beautiful grounds, peaceful and quiet
  • Disliked — Not worth the price
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Loveformargaritas
Colorado
Reviewed 3 September 2008

I do extensive business travel and really don't understand many of the negative reviews. We went ahead and stayed there to see for ourselves and it was a wonderful place to stay.

We stayed in the basic room and it was large and very nice. Also, we had breakfast on site and it too was very good. The only negatives were paying a nightly rate to park your car and my wife didn't care for the toilet paper.

• Liked — Nice Rooms
  • Disliked — Paying for Parking
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
Reviewed 23 April 2008

My husband and I went here for our anniversary. It started out nicely enough...beautiful landscape/ scenery. We got to the front desk- only to be greeted by a non-smiling, apathetic staff. Not one smile the entire time we were checking in. We sure felt welcome then! My thought was...they could sure use a customer service improvement class. Another thing we observed was that we were the only minority in the entire place. Every single guest was Caucasian and seemingly retired. Let me point out that I have no issues with those 2 fact .....however, when fellow guests do not even acknowledge you with eye contact, a smile, a nod nor greeting in passing....it definitely makes one feel as though we've arrived in hostile territory or thrown back into the 50's era. We are a friendly, outgoing couple, but there was no one to befriend, unfortunately. Sadly enough, this was the only place we've ever stayed in where we definitely felt like a minority. Anyhow, we finally got to the room. Rustic decor was pleasant. But the smell on the bed cover was not! It absolutely stank and the bed sheets were wrinkled as though they had not been changed from the last guest that stayed. That was just on our first day of arrival. Let me just say...we were better off staying in Pechanga Casino despite the smoky atmosphere.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank NurseBettyCalifornia
los angeles
Reviewed 18 January 2008

During a recent business visit to Anza, I decided to stay in the Temecula area due to the proliferation of decent lodging. I chose the Temecula Creek Inn because they advertise a tennis program on their website, and I though I would take advantage of my free afternoon and fit in a hitting session. When I booked the property I asked if they had wireless access and was told they were equipped for wireless throughout the property. Two days prior to my stay I called to book my tennis lesson and was told not only do they not have a tennis program but they had no idea where in Temecula I could locate a pro to come to the site. During my evening there I brought my laptop to the lounge to do some work over a glass of wine, and lo and behold there was no wireless. So I took my laptop back to my room and there was no wireless there either. No problem, because they did have internet connectivity, but still. Very disapppointing. The bed was comfy enough and the room service was tasty, but I found the property to be just average overall and there are places in Temecula with better ratings. I won't go again.

• Liked — roomk service was fast and tasty, employees were VERY nice
  • Disliked — lack of follow through, poor communication
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hellolizzie3