All reviewsgolf coursestone housefire grillgolf resortgolf packagegreat golfplay golfin great shapeon site restaurantwedding venuewine tastinggrounds are lovelywine countryold townrooms are nicelocal wineriesget away
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Lots of little reasons added up to a big thumbs down:

1) Allowing pets is not the same as pet-friendly. There are no special accommodations for dogs (e.g., no water bowls or poop bags), which isn't a big deal but does speak to the lack of attention to detail that makes for great service. Additionally, the pet policy is quite restrictive, so if your plan is to spend the day wine tasting at various vineyards, be prepared to take your four-legged family with you. You can't leave your dog in the room unattended.

2) Early check-in? Forget it! When I reserved the room, I asked for (and was supposedly given) early check-in. When I arrived, however, the room wasn't ready and the staff would not provide an ETA. They said they'd call when the room was ready but didn't. I spent the whole afternoon waiting. Another missed service opportunity and *quite* frustrating.

3) Front desk personnel at any hotel should be personable, helpful, and knowledgeable. The folks at Temecula Creek were none of these things. They weren't quite rude, but there appeared to be no incentive to provide a great guest experience--the pet policy was inadequately explained, no helpful alternatives were offered when the room wasn't ready on time, staff couldn't tell me where to park to be close to my room, and so on. When I called to make a reservation at the on-site restaurant, I was told I didn't need one---but there was a wait (of course!) AND all of the good tables (outside or with a view) were reserved. One of them could have been reserved by me if the front desk had just taken my reservation.

4) In-room dining. Sigh. When I ordered breakfast I let the kitchen know I was allergic to strawberries and asked them to be sure not to put *anything* strawberry with my order. When the food was delivered the waiter said, "I know you said no strawberries, but..." But?!?!?! Good grief!

5) This hotel is not cheap! The accommodations are in fact expensive and with that expense ought to come great service if nothing else, especially as there's nothing special or luxurious about the rooms (no mini bar or snacks or bottled water or any of the little touches you might expect for daily rates in the $300+ range). And by the way: This property is *not* close to Temecula's tasting rooms either, so the expanse can't be attributed to convenience (unless you come for the on-site golf course over the wine country).

It's the little things! Any one of these misses by itself would have been a disappointment, but to have service opportunities missed at every turn is hardly forgivable at a property as pricey as this one. Shame on you, Temecula Creek Inn!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank kbemdenver
Reviewed 23 November 2017

A fantastic hotel. The buildings and grounds are excellent. The golf course was in beautiful condition and the 3 styles of courses were very distinct and different. The rooms are large and the beds were very comfortable. I was there for a golf event and didn't eat at the restaurant but the food was great and the bar was very social and set up for mingling. I would definitely recommend it and come back.

Room Tip: Ask for more regular coffe.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2017

6 guys (gray-haired dudes) for a two-day golf and stay package. Our third visit. Rooms are large and spectacularly clean and fresh. Staff made sure our group had rooms together. The golf course is in great shape and start times were well-managed. 4 hour and a bit rounds, very pleasant. The Cork Fire restaurant has a creative menu, varied, well-presented and delicious. Most telling as to TCI's management is the quality and friendliness of the staff. Whether Front Desk, restaurant or Golf Shop, everyone was friendly, knowledgeable and professional and you got a sense that they truly cared about your experience and satisfaction. Terrific value and a truly pleasant stay. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: They're all good
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Old facility badly in need of renovations. Requested a non-pet friendly room due to asthma/allergies but was put in a pet friendly room. Paid for a room with 2 queen beds but was put in a room with 2 doubles. The dirty sheets from the previous guest had not been changed. The dog in the adjoining room wouldn't stop barking. Reported problems to the front desk but not resolved. We left and drove home to sleep. Overpriced room that we couldn't even use!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank carlosaK9594GQ
Chad B, Manager at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you so much for your comments. We are so sorry that you encountered such challenges that you had to head back home. Please reach out to me via email or telephone at your earliest convenience, as I would like to speak with you in more detail and make this situation right.
Chad
cbates@jcresorts.com
951-506-1778

Reviewed 9 November 2017

All I can say is watch your reservations. Bride and groom had issues with what was promised...."house rental, bridal suites, too many people with some last name confusing to front desk. Wedding itself seemed to go well.....

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family