“What a disappointment!!”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Ventura County
“What a disappointment!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2006

My husband and I decided to get away to Temecula for the weekend, I researched several hotels online and when I saw the website for TCI I was so excited. The rooms looked great. I couldn't wait to get there. We had to leave after work and got there rather late, it was dark and their main entrance didn't have any lighting. We almost missed the entrance. The lighting around the hotel grounds is minimal to say the least. The lobby looked like a "motel" lobby, not the grand place I expected. At the reception desk we were told that we were staying in the "new" building, which sounded even better. Well when we got to the "new" building I thought that they must have made a mistake. Upon entering the room it had an overpowering moldy smell, I went to open the patio door for some fresh air and flipped the switch for the outside light, it didn't work, then when I pushed open the screen door and walked out onto the patio the screen fell and hit me. We called the front desk and asked them to put in a request to fix the door the next morning. Needless to say they didn't. My husband ended up fixing it so that we could have some fresh air and get rid of the musty smell. Anyway, back to the room, when I first walked in I noticed that the king bed had a queen size bed ruffle and quilt on it. It looked so tacky. Considering how much they charged you would think that they could decorate better, especially since their website depicts them as having "luxurious bedding". What a joke. Our visit to Temecula was enjoyable even if the room was a big disappointment. Another thing to be aware of is when checking in they advise you that you will have to pay a $10 a day parking fee. This of course is never mentioned when making the reservation. I don't understand why the hotel guest has to incur this fee, it's not as though you have an option to park somewhere else. I will NEVER stay here again or refer anyone else. I only wish I had found this website and read the reviews before we had made the reservations!!

• Liked — Nice view of the golf course and mountains. Close to Pechanga Casino
  • Disliked — Room decor/musty smell
  • Tips/Secrets — Unless you're into golf, reserve a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank Blondie53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Korean first
California
Reviewed 27 July 2006

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Inn for a weekday evening. Our room opened out to a beautiful view of the golf course and was only a short walk to the pool and restaurant. Unfortunately we did not have time to enjoy the golf course, though we did spend time in the pool. After checking in, we went to a relaxing dinner at the Temet Grill. The dining room looks out on a rock pond and the golf course. The food was decent and our waiter was very friendly and attentive. Overall our stay at the Temecula Creek Inn was enjoyable and relaxing.

Stayed July 2006
2 Thank J_Nakao
Los Angeles
Reviewed 27 July 2006

To celebrate my birthday (and to get away from it all), my boyfriend and I decided to stay at Temecula Creek Inn, which turned out to be the perfect choice. The rooms were clean, peaceful, and relaxing, and had breathtaking views of the golf course. The staff was incredibly accommodating, patient, and friendly. And the food at the Temet Grill was delicious with a beautiful presentation, and the wait staff was incredibly helpful. Everyone treated us wonderfully, from the moment we checked in, until the moment we had to bid them adieu. Unfortunately, we didn’t have time to golf, but we spent time in the pool and hot tub under the stars, which was relaxing and complemented the beautiful evening. It was definitely a night to remember, and I’m glad we chose TCI to share the special occasion with us.

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank mianakao
Riverside, CA
Reviewed 19 July 2006

My wife and I recently stayed at the Temecula Creek Inn for weekend getaway for some wine tasting and some rest & relaxation. We had a fantastic weekend and loved staying at the Temecula Creek Inn. Our room was quite large compared to other hotel rooms we’ve stay at before. Our room was overlooking the golf course and it had a nice balcony. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

We ate dinner at the hotel’s restaurant (the Temet Grill), the food and service was outstanding with a great wine selection.

Overall, our stay was great. My only complaint is that the pool area could be a bit bigger, but we will definitely stay there again.

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank dhumphre3
Anaheim, CA
Reviewed 25 June 2006

I was a guest of the Inn while attending a three day conference. My room overlooked
the first tee near the proshop. While I found the bed to be stiff and somewhat uncomfortable, it was tolerable the second night of my stay. The light above the shower was blinking and would not go on but the problem was fixed immediately. The worn carpet
looked a bit unclean like it had not been shampooed since it had been installed.
On a positive note--I like the setting and will reserve a room and golf in the future. The
conference meals were modest but flavorful. Eight of us with the conference enjoyed a
delightful dinner and wine selections with exceptionally great service on Friday evening.
The message: The Inn is in a great location, easily accessible near wineries and casinos.
The rooms could use some needed attention.
The staff are nice and friendly not cold and robotic.
The golf-- not on this visit but looking forward soon.
D. Isaac
Anaheim, CA

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank Darryl I
Keswick Cumbria UK
Reviewed 16 June 2006

(This review is a bit late but I wasn't aware of your site until recently.)
When we checked into the hotel we were given the keys to first one room, then another, tehn a tirhd. All were worn, dusty, musty, smelly rooms but we had a non-refundable resrvation and were ver tired so we decided to "bite the bullet" and stay one of the two nights we had paid for. When we went to open the sliding glass door to get some air, we had to move the couch a bit - when we did we found broken glass and a crack pipe behind the couch!!

The bahtroom was also moldy and gross. The whole experience was jsut disgusting and the worse Ive ever had in a US hotel.

We called the manager, gave it to her, she apologized but did not even offer to adjsut our room rate!! DONT GO HERE....

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank JacquelineH658
Richmond Hill, ON
Reviewed 13 May 2006

My husband and I went to the Temecula Creek Inn for our honeymoon and we weren't disappointed. We had a room directly overlooking the Oaks golf course. We are avid golfers and enjoyed each of the 9 courses (there are 3) and found it really easy to book tee times. Most of the time we were golfing ourselves, only 1 day did we have 1 other golfer with us. The staff of the pro shop and the starters and marshals were incredibly friendly and courteous. We went to the pro shop the first day and every day after that they addressed us by name.

During the course of our stay we had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Temet Grill, the restaurant on site, or the bistro. One day the bistro was having a bbq and we had a nice lunch out by the water feature. Breakfast was really good. Outstanding was the prime rib dinner plus the wine suggestions from the wait staff (we wanted a good wine particular to the area).

One of the best things about the location, aside from the weather, was the proximity to the local wineries. We would play 18 holes starting at 9:30 or 10:30 and then head off to the wineries for tastings and tours, then back in the evening to relax or have dinner.

Another (I thought) overlooked area at Temecula Creek is the hot tub and pool area. Beautiful but looks like nobody ever uses it. We would take a bottle of wine to the hot tub in the early evening and invariably were the only people there. The hot tub was great, overlooking the golf course but still very private.

Overall it was a great place and we will definitely go back. The staff were very nice without being overly solicitious or fake. I would definitely recommend.