“SO GLAD WE STAYED HERE!”

Best Western Country Inn
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed 9 April 2011

After looking into many hotels in the area, we decided to stay at the Best Western and was glad we did. The money saved from the other ridiculously-priced rates at other hotels allowed us to spend our money on other things in the area,

We were very pleased with this hotel. It is easy to get to, clean, and noise-free! The gentleman helping us check in and out was gracious and comical. My sister was also renting a room and he made sure that we had rooms next to each other.

Our room was spacious and clean. We had a king bed and a couch with a pull out bed. It was nice having a seating area in the room. We also had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. The hotel offers free wireless internet and there was a desk in the room. There was a large armoir that held the TV along with three large drawers and plenty of closet hanging space. The bathroom area was clean. The shower had plenty of water pressure, however, the toilet handle had to be held down to fully flush.

By far, the best thing in this room was the bed! It was very comfortable and the pillows were large and plump. My husband is very particular about his bed and even admitted that it was one of the most comfortable beds he's ever slept on!

One of my biggest concerns when looking for a hotel was road noise from very busy I-15. Over and over I had read about people being disappointed in the road noise and not being able to sleep at other places. Well we were pleasantly surprised to find this hotel very quiet...at least where our room was located. The two wings of the hotel sets perpendicular to I-15, not parallel like other hotels (so one whole side of their hotel is butted up against the highway...of course you're gonna have road noise)! Our room was very quiet and we did not hear any outside noise.

The complimentary breakfast was average, but enough for us. We are not big breakfast eaters, so we found plenty to choose from. There was four dry cereals to choose from, warm oatmeal, boiled eggs and a waffle maker, bagels, danishes, muffins, fruit, coffee, tea and juices.

The hotel is a short drive to old town in one direction and the mall in the other direction (and across I-15). There were three fast food joints next door, but we did not eat at any of them.

Overall, we were very please with this hotel and will stay there again while in the area. I hope this review helps you. Safe travels!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dila121212

Reviewed 1 February 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here because we found a affordable rate online for a king room and the hotel had decent reviews. All other hotels had outlandish weekend rates! We were very happy with our choice. Our non smoking room was clean and did not smell like smoke. The shower was very nice too. I would recommend this hotel to other travelers who would like to save a little so they can spend more at the wineries. I would suggest they they ask for a room on the western side of the hotel. It's further away from the freeway and the pool. Our room was also on the 2nd floor so that was very nice. The breakfast area was small but clean. It was just what we needed for a day of wine tasting in Temecula.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We wanted to do an overnight with friends in the Temecula Valley wine country. It was rather short notice, and we wanted two rooms, at least one of which would have room where the four of us could sit and visit, and I could lie down due to back problems. All the suites hotels were booked, but we found through this site that the Best Western had King Suites rooms, so we checked it out. The rooms have a king bed and a sofa, plus a desk and desk chair, all in one large room. It is basically a typical hotel room of the Best Western class, but expanded to fit the sofa. It was certainly not anything special, but was adequate for our needs, as the four of us were able to spend some time visiting in one room after returning from other activities. Both rooms were clean and the service at the desk was friendly and prompt. The rate we paid, $150, was probably more a function of demand than of the quality of the room, which as I said, was fine but nothing special...certainly not up to par with some of the better Holiday Inn Express hotels I have stayed in. The location was good...close to Old Town and easy to access the wineries.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We arrived mid morning and were told by the desk clerk in a very condensing manner to return in two hours, returning an hour later we were given keys to a dark room on the second floor facing the street, the furniture was outdated and we could hear the street traffic. My husband went down to the lobby and we were upgraded at no charge to a room a bit larger with a loveseat instead of a chair & ottoman. We ended up spending a slepless night on a bed of plywood with rocks for pillows. The next morning along with our friends we checked out and moved to another hotel, Needless to say I am very disappointed in Best Western especially as a Platinum club member.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank herhug
Reviewed 22 May 2010

We stayed here for a night during our honeymoon whilst on our way to las vegas.
Room was lovely and big,clean,comfortable and well equipped.There was also a pool and
hot tub although we didn't use it.The position was good,situated well if you're wanting to visit the local wineries,which we did and thouroughly enjoyed!!!We would stay here again
and would definately recommend it,very good value.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I booked 3 rooms for my boss, myself and another co-worker. We all agreed that the rooms were very comfortable and clean. There was a small sofa and coffee table that was a nice surprise. It also served as a fold out bed which would be a nice touch for a family.
The pool area was clean and had newer patio furnishings. I did not swim, however my boss and co-worker and I enjoyed some beverages around the pool.
It is very close to the freeway which I was aware of when I booked our trip. Noisy at times but not too bad. If you are a light sleeper, I recommend ear plugs.
The internet connection was pretty good, however on the morning I was leaving, it was not active and I had to use the lobby computer to get directions to the airport.
There are nice restaurants within walking distance.
The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2010

Cal South Soccer Tournament weekend in Temecula.

Hotel is easy to find. From the 15 Fwy, Exit Winchester and go West. On Jefferson go South (or make a left). About a block or two, just past the In~and~Out Hamburger Restaurant on your left, you will see the hotel.

We tried to check in early but were denied. Check in is at 2 PM. We left, but after our soccer game, we returned. We were heading East on Winchester Rd. and to make that (now right turn) onto Jefferson, took 3 light sequences. After the light turned red for the 3rd time, we changed lanes, made a left onto Jefferson, then a U-turn and then finally made it through the intersection on our 5th (FIFTH!) try.

Check-in was easy. Our "Non Smoking" room was completely filled up with cigarettee smoke and my for my daughter with asthma and allergies this was completely unacceptable. I believe smokers that do this should be heavily fined... minimum fine of $125 or more for making others suffer like that! Ok, if they decide to do it to themselves that is one thing, but don't make others suffer because of your decissions to mess up your own health!

We got a new (different) room. If you can, I suggest to try to book a room on the Southwest part of the hotel.

Noise from the freeway was almost inaudiable. Noise from the Jacuzzi was very loud. I suggest getting a room as far away from them as possible if you want a quiet room. Funny thing though, at exactly 9:04, like a water spicket, it shut off. The pool and Jacuzzi were clean and warm.

The room was large and clean. Very small containers of shampoo and lotion were supplied. Two bars of soap were also given. Two switches in the bathroom, one for a light and the other for a light and a fan.

The tv channels were very limited to the local channels plus TNT (and I think ESPN) and I do not remember any other ones. We had to ask for more towels so we could use the pool, so if you plan do this, ask at check in. Each room has access to the internet, if you bring your own computer.

The Ice Machine is in the far North East corner of the Hotel next to the Coke and Snack Machine.

We drove for dinner to the Soup Plantation (Winchester Rd up over the freeway and on the right) which was the best one we had ever gone to.

In the morning, the Continental Breakfeast was in a small room at the South East part of the Hotel. It was very cold that morning. The folks coming in kept leaving the door open which made the room very cold and next to impossible to eat your breakfeast there. The trash can was in the far back corner of the room where everyone had to go to get their coffee; I asked the girl there to put the trash can closer to the door for far better ease and convience (and it is very ackward getting through those folks in that small room to throw your trash out). You really are far better off taking breakfeast to your room.

Cold Cereal; Cherios, Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks and one more I cannot remember. Milk was regular and 2%. Beagels and Cream Cheese were good. The Danishes were pathetic at best. Fruits were Banannas, Oranges and Apples. Coffee was ok, even with the Irish Creamer. Orange Juice and Apple Juice are supplied from a machine.

A charge of an extra $15 dollars appeared on my credit card. I called about that and they said that it will disappear when it finally goes through in a few days. If it does not, I will call again at [--].

Hope this helps.