“Nice Stay for overnight”

Best Western Country Inn
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
sacramento, United States
“Nice Stay for overnight”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Affordable,clean, comfortable, nice place to sleep. Only there to sleep on way to san diego. The front desk was very helpful when we locked our keys in the car and needed a locksmith. Didn't eat much of the breakfast, just had coffee, so didn't really see what they had. We are picky about cleanliness and bad smells, and had no complaings with this hotel. Thanks for a good night sleep!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed here after taking a winery tour, and was skeptical of what we were getting for the price (over $140). I am happy to say that I was wrong ... the motel was very clean and comfortable. The bathrooms had clearly been recently upgraded, and the furniture in the room was clean and in great shape.

The free wifi and hot breakfast was a nice touch as well (though not very good). We also forgot to pack a toothbrush, and was happy that the front office had some complimentary toiletries available. We didn't get a chance to use the pool and whirlpool, but it looked very nice from a distance.

Overall, I would stay at this motel again. I'm typically prefer hotels over motels, but this one definitely exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ernest S
Los Angeles
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Spent one night at this hotel. The pool and area was very clean, the jacuzzi perfect after a day of sightseeing. The staff was very nice and breakfast was similar to that of a lower Marriott chain. We were happy with a hot meal before starting our day. I have stayed here before. It is clean, updated and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Heinoti
Temecula, California
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Country Inn in Temecula for one night and found it to be a fabulous experience for this type of hotel
*Check-in experience: Awesome! Immediate and helpful attention from the Front Desk. Kudos to the gentleman that checked me in (I never caught his first name but his last name was Hernandez. He makes this hotel and brand stand out for customer service).
*Cleanliness: The property and especially my room were extremely clean! I am a fan of the "Hotel Impossible" TV show, so I always assess a hotel with an Anthony Melchiorri's eye. The grounds are clean with no trash or cigarette butts. My room was spotless! I even did the famous "Anthony Melchiorri Dust Test" in my room, and my room passed with an "A" for a lack of accumulated dust. Well done, Best Western!
* My room: I stayed in room 219. Very enjoyable! Large room with extremely comfortable bed and TONS of awesome, high quality pillows. Also, the bed linen is white (which Anthony recommends). Colored bed linens can hide a multitude of sins but white bed linens tell all. My bed linens were white and so fresh. A nice suprise in my room was a jacuzzi for two (and I'm not talking a bathroom tub with a few jets). This was the real in-room jacuzzi deal! Also, the room had a business center/desk (I had great WiFi connection), a microwave, and a fridge. AC worked great, because it is really HOT in Temecula in the summer. Breakfast is available, but I cannot comment on that because I did not partake.
*Hotel maintenance: Overall, I found the maintenance of the propterty was good. I understand maintenance is an ongoing process. I identified a few issues (such as some tears in the outdoor carpet on the stairs/outdoor hallways + damaged faux wood below my room fridge). Overall, this is a very well-maintained property.
*Location: This motel/hotel is only about 3 miles to "Old Town Temecula" and about 7 miles to the start of Wine Country. This property is on Jefferson Street (which turns into the wonderful "Old Town Front Street"). The noise from the street is very loud during the day but gets very quiet at night (good sleeping). As a Temecula resident, Temecula is a tourist town but also a bedroom community for locals. We go to bed early and quietly here.
*Disability-friendly: If you have mobility issues, get a room on the first floor because they have no elevators. However, the pool has a wonderful ramp and both the pool and spa have electric chairs that can safely deliver a mobility-challenged person into the pool or spa. As someone who didn't walk at all for two years after a car accident, I really appreciated this hotel's sensitivity to the physically challenged/disabled.
*In conclusion: I would stay at this motel/hotel again! I think this establishment makes my community of Temecula proud!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Trish H
San Diego, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The room was nice and clean. The neighbors were a little loud, you could hear them walking around. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were nice and fluffy. The breakfast was very nice. It included eggs, bacon, hash browns, waffles, cereals, breads, yogurts, fruits, juices and coffee. Confident location to the wineries.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Wendy E
san bernardino, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

have stay at this hotel a couple of times. we have always had a pleasant a stay. the setting around the hotel is nice. garden area breakfast in the patio if desired. location is great walking distance to downtown palm springs. also recomend beast western plus quality rooms and breafast.the grounds are not as nice as the bestern western brisas but nicely keep.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Sylvia B
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The hotel is a bit dated but has good rates for the area. The location is convenient to restaurants, Old Town Temecula, amenities although is a short drive to wineries if that's the purpose of your visit. Other reviewers have complained about the noise but the hotel is right on the street and near the freeway so I think that's to be expected. Overall, we were satisfied since this was really just a place to catch some z's before heading home.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple