“Could have been better” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Morgan Hill, California
“Could have been better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed on a Friday & Saturday night. Several people, including myself had other guest making too much noise late (after mid-night). Management needs to improve the security. My phone rang 3 times at 2am. The breakfast was good Saturday. Sundays breakfast was poor, nothing was ready, kids don't like pre-made omelettes, no gravy was ready, nobody wiping tables down. Lastly, the beds are too hard. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kunal K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Temecula, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Greetings!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and we apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We did have extra staff to help out with the busy weekend and were prepared in advance but still, it did not work out for you and we will ensure that we monitor the busy times more efficiently to cater to our guests with a clean, consistent and abundant breakfast environment.

Thank you again for bringing the issues to our attention and we will ensure that it is all corrected for our guests.

Holiday Inn Express Temecula

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sequim, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Kunal and Staff,

I wanted to one last time, thank you and your amazing staff for the hospitality and comfort you have afforded myself, and my fellow staff members over the course of the stay the past 6 months. Our rooms, always perfect...the staff, always friendly...the breakfast alway warm, and your doors always open for us. Thank you for everything while we've had the pleasure of staying with you. I will always recommend to my friends travelling in the area, co workers, and I know I will surely be back and look forward to seeing you all again. You've treated us not like customers, but you have all been a second family to all of us. Thank you for everything!

-Joe Lancheros

Room Tip: The side away from the freeway is a little quieter. Frankly, I didn't really notice a difference...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Joseph L
Kunal K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Temecula, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank you so much Joe for sharing your kind feedback. Our staff is delighted to have your team with us and it does make work more enjoyable when we have guests who treat us as second family and our hotel, their second home.
We are humbled by your appreciation and strive to continue with our efforts in providing excellent quality and service.
We will see you soon.

Thanks,
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have stayed here before and wondered if it was just a bad day for the staff. They can seem somewhat overbearing, bordering on surly. We have been back for the last time. The rooms are adequate, if a little tired, but are clean. The policy of this hotel to require payment in advance and allow no changes or cancellation is unsatisfactory service. It is like a big hammer hanging over your travel, and just not necessary when there are plenty of other options in Temecula. There is just no reason to deal with that attitude these days. Go head, owner, write a rebuttal, but nothing you say can justify your policy ... period.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ron R
Kunal K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Temecula, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your views and experiences during your stay at our Hotel. I sincerely apologize for our staff not being at their best and friendliest and I will urgently address the concern to ensure that every guest experiences the service that so many have come to love.

With regards to the advance payment rate, in a bid to be more competitive and to offer better value to guests with confirmed travel plans, IHG has the advance purchase rates that offer a great discount but are bound by certain prepayment terms and strict cancellation policies. IHG is the only hotel chain offering such an option and many guests appreciate the value. However, that may not work when travel plans aren't certain and therefore, we have the Best Flexible rate that is ALWAYS available (unlike the ADVANCE purchase required discounts). These offer much more flexibility for payment and cancellation and are always competitive with the area hotels as well.
I highly recommend you try and book that rate at any IHG hotel upon your travel to enjoy the flexibility.
Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and we hope to see more travels from you.

Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a family wedding at one of the local wineries, our room was clean and comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful. The only gripe we had was the use of paper plates at breakfast that seemed to fly in the face of their 'green' ethos.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kunal K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Temecula, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are glad to know that you were pleased with the comfort of our rooms and service of our staff.
Our brand and company strive for a greener world and have already initiated many processes to ensure minimal footprint on the environment. We will keep your suggestion in mind and are hopeful that we will see it implemented soon enough.

Orange County
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

My staff at this hotel was unfortunately very unsatisfying. The number of disappointments I experienced are mush to long to list, so I will sum it up. 1. I was checked into an ADA room without being told. The open shower makes the entire bathroom soaking wet. Not good for 2 adults and a small child sharing a room. 2. The amenities in the room are very poor condition, the body lotion is the worst thing I have else smelled. 3. The "luxury" pool is a hole in the parking lot.
The positive, the morning breakfast was super busy and the girls that were working kept the buffet fully refreshed and the tables clean. Those gals work very hard.
I was in town for a Wedding and ended up leaving after the first night and driving home after the Wedding so I didn't have to stay a second night. I expressed my unhappiness to the Managers and they ignored me. Oh Well.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kunal K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Temecula, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Even though we are sorry to hear about your disappointment with our hotel, our staff will be addressing most of the issues you faced to make corrections where necessary and we will be ensuring consistent quality and service as we have maintained thus far. We hope you give us another try in the future.
Thanks once again for bringing the issues to our attention.

Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. I have heard horror stories of people trying to block hotel rooms in Temecula, but I have had such a great experience here. I am getting married in June and needed to book a block of rooms. I visited a few hotels before I found Holiday Inn. All the others were a bit more pricey and weren't willing to work with me based on my requests. I was originally working with Karla who was great to work with. Jacqueline has taken over and has been so helpful and accommodating. I was concerned with all my bridesmaids getting ready in the rooms so I booked the meeting room and highly recommend doing this as well for any future wedding parties. The price is reasonable and will make such a difference. Overall very great experience across the board so far! I can't wait to stay here next year.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Katelyn D
Kunal K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Temecula, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
We are delighted to know that we were able to offer more than others for your requirements. Jacqueline will certainly be encouraged to be more accommodating and considerate of special requests while we will continue our correspondence with you to ensure that it turns out to be a memorable event!

Please let us know if there's anything you need from us.

Thanks,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was a great deal for a couple of nights. Really comfortable and clean facilities. We didn't notice any sound from the freeway as we had the a/c on but might recommend to others that they request a room on the front side of the building during months when a/c isn't needed. Simple breakfast bar included.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kunal K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Temecula, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
We appreciate you sharing your experience during your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Temecula. We are grateful to you for sharing your views about the highway noise, or the lack of it, and your suggestion to fellow travelers to request the Jefferson side when available.

We do strive to provide the best value with clean, comfortable accommodations and are glad that you were satisfied. Hope to see you again in the near future....

Until then,