“A Visit to Tuscany”

Ranked #17 of 31 things to do in Templeton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I have been visiting Bella Luna a few times a year for 8 or 9 years now. The first time I visited I was so blown away by the Super Tuscan that I bought a bottle and signed up for their wine club. This is a family owned boutique winery concentrating on Italian varietals. Every time I visit, there is a new wine or experience to surprise me. Kevin and Sherman created this place out of their passion for Italian wines and enjoying it with their family and friends. The second generation is now taking what was already good to great! Take the time to explore the vineyards with Jimmy, the second gen winemaker, and chat with his wife Shelly while you are tasting. To me, the stories make the wine and the experience a real step above the rest.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"winery"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 23 October 2016

A family owned winery that concentrated on wonderful Italian varietals. Each wine tasted magical! The young woman helping us was a delight

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed wine tasting at Bella Luna. Every wine was excellent! They really know how to blend the flavors just right to get that Italian flavor. Can't wait to share some bottles with friends! The decor is simple and practical. For me, it's all about the wine!

Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Perhaps ranking a 2 for poor is too harsh so I will give it a 3 but with so many wineries available I would not go back to this or recommend. Maybe we were tainted after our great intimate experience at Hansen Winery, who recommended we go here after his place. It is in a garage like setting with no place to sit. Wines did not impress. We tasted one sample paid for our full tastings and then moved on. Nothing unique. Sorry. I think I should lower to 2 as based on what we visited I think below the average in area.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Bella Luna....Beautiful Moon
Beautiful wines as well !! A trio of us visited Sherman in his tasting room and we had such a good time. Sherman has led quite an exciting life. We had the pleasure of drinking some of the best Barbera ever !! His Tempranillo was so very good that I had to take a bottle home. Do not come here without tasting his Zin !! Two beautiful Zins with two different personalities and both require you to take them home !! Do not miss out on an afternoon with Sherman and his sidekick Captain !!