“trip to place of a favorite wine”
Review of Turley Cellars

Turley Cellars
Ranked #1 of 31 things to do in Templeton
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Visited a pace that makes favorite wine ( zin) I get some delivered so this tasting allowed me to taste them before I order. Kathy(Kathleen) guided us through with a great personality and knowledge. We got back and completed the order to be delivered when the weather gets cooler in AZ.I recommend this very much.

Malani A, Manager at Turley Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for your enthusiastic support of Turley wines!

All reviews
"nice tasting"
in 5 reviews
"tasting menu"
in 3 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend a stop"
"visiting wineries"
"excellent wine"
in 4 reviews
"club members"

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We were driving thru the Paso Robles area and found the Turley vineyards. I had heard they had great zinfandels so we stopped for a tasting. 5 pours for $10 was a bargain since we had just come from Napa where that would cost you $60 to $100. The girl who conducted the tasting was very young and said she was in college for viticulture. She was amicable but was not much on information. Since Zinfandels are our favorite, and we loved their wine, I told her we were traveling and could not buy wine to take with us but would like to purchase and asked for info on their wine club. She said they had no wine club, just a mailing list you signed up on and they would email you when wine was available twice a year. She did not offer to ship wine for me that day or any other info. I later found out after leaving the area and traveling onto San Diego that you can purchase wine at the winery and have it shipped to your home. Otherwise you cannot buy wine online or call and purchase wine to be shipped to you. You must be at the winery when purchasing. If you don't get it while at the vineyard or get on that mailing list (takes a yr on a wait list to purchase wine on mailing list), then you are out of luck. I feel this young lady should have offered to ship wine that day for me. Instead she told me I just had to get on their mailing list. She definitely needs some training in customer service and on the rules of the vineyard and how to demonstrate a friendly attitude.
So learn from our experience, if you like the wine, ask to have it shipped to your home, otherwise it could be years before you get it thru the mailing list.
The building is attractive and has a pretty patio for enjoying a glass of wine and possibly a cheese tray.

Malani A, Manager at Turley Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you so much for visiting our tasting room. I’m glad you enjoyed the wines. We really appreciate your candid report of the customer service experience you had. We will make sure all of our staff are properly trained regarding shipping policies. I do hope you signed up for our mailing list as the next release is less than 6 months from now. If you would like some wine in the meantime, please do reach out to me directly. Malani Anderson, Tasting Room Manager Malani@turleywinecellars.com . Thank you again for your communication and for giving us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and improve our customer service.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Enjoyed the focused tasting at Turley in Templeton. There were only 3 of us participating, and we tasted nine wines, while having expert commentary from Steve. He was fabulous. We also were taken to look at the vineyards and to discuss Turley's approach to vineyard management, and then to their barrel rooms where we learned Turley's approach to fermentation and barrel aging. Great experience, and I should have done this years ago!

Malani A, Manager at Turley Cellars, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Hi Paul, We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your focused tasting. Thank you for your enthusiastic support of Turley wines!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We had a great time at Turley Winery! Their wines are excellent, even though a bit expensive, and their staff very friendly and knowledgeable. We'll make sure to go wine tasting there again next time we go to Paso Robles.