“My Peachy Experience”

Peachy Canyon Winery
Ranked #2 of 29 things to do in Templeton
More attraction details
Owner description: Peachy Canyon is one of the oldest family owned and operated wineries on Paso Robles' west side. The tasting room is located in a refurbished 1800's era schoolhouse on one of Peachy Canyon's four estate vineyard properties (the appropriately named "Old Schoolhouse" vineyard). We're known for our award-winning red Zinfandel lineup - including super premium Zins that are often produced in lots of less 400 cases each - as well as our Bordeaux and Rhone varietal wines. We believe in sustainable winemaking and are dedicated to "keeping it local." Our vineyards are managed by us, and all grapes are harvested and processed by hand by our team. Our tasting room offers a spacious lawn picnic area and a gazebo, not to mention beautiful vineyard surroundings! Stop by with a picnic and have a glass with us... Chairs, blankets, (leashed) pets and children always welcome.
Reviewed 12 September 2013

It was our utmost pleasure to experience the Peachy Canyon Tasting room. Who would have thought that such a historically beautiful school house would contain an ultimate wine tasting adventure. The staff was so cordial we felt immediately that we were part of an extended, fun loving, and knowledgeable family. My girlfriend and I casually and comfortably enjoyed a wine tasting interlude in one of the world's great wine making areas, and reveled in the fact that we had discovered a gem. She knows her wines and pronounced several Peachy Canyon offerings as "Top of the Line," especially one of the Zins. Peachy Canyon Winery and Tasting Room, we will be back, and with our friends of course.

There are newer reviews for Peachy Canyon Winery

Reviewed 10 September 2013

While wine tasting in the Paso area, we luckily stopped by the Peachy Canyon Tasting room. The quaint, old, school-house tasting room was a breath of fresh air. It was truly homey! Although there was a large crowd there, the staff still took time to greet us as we walked in. Even though it was busy, We were always tended to and our questions were answered. I thought the Voignier was incredible, while my wife thought the Petit Syrah was incredible. We purchased a bottle of Westside Zinfandel, and went outside to listen to the live music on the large, grassy, and shaded area. What a beautiful time!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Definitely not one to be missed while doing the wine tasting experiece. Cute school house structure turned into a wine tasting room with a great gift shop and lovely picnic area. Thank you Peachy Canyon. We will return! Westside Zinfandel, my personal favorite!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Fabulous, fun and excellent wines. I read the negative reviews (2) and was cautious but after a great experience I have concluded that anyone who proclaims themselves experts just because they drink a lot or obviously has an attitude issue which they probably took into the tasting room filter them out! This is a wonderful winery with a great staff. Their wines are worth the stop and you will probably want to take some home with you too. They offer great value for all their wines. If you are in Paso do not miss Peachy Canyon. I will be back.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

The Beckett Family has done a remarkable job in the expression of the microclimates in and around their vineyards. As Certified Wine Professional from the CIA at Greystone, I found that Peachy Canyon wines are quite adaptable for several types of cooking and cuisine. I particularly like the "Jester". In order to make great wine you need to start with good grapes as Jerry Lohr said years ago. The Beckett family has done just that...and that's my opinion!