“Great wines and great people!”
Review of Veris Cellars

Veris Cellars
Ranked #16 of 29 things to do in Templeton
More attraction details
Owner description: A wonderful boutique winery. Veris Cellars Tasting Room is very interesting. There is one room dedicated to the golfer Ben Hogan. The labels on one of their wine collections show Hogan’s full swing sequence. There is another display of a collections of 18 bottles with the holes of Pebble Beach etched, one hole per bottle. Cathi was our server when we visited and she was very friendly and we enjoyed visiting with her. We also like the wines and bought a case of their JanKris Crossfire. The tasting room is very tastefully decorated.
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We loved our experience at Veris Cellars and will definitely be coming back. I don't think we purchased enough wine from this winery! Rick was awesome and helpful and funny!

1  Thank OCTraveler17
There are newer reviews for Veris Cellars

Reviewed 22 April 2013

My friend and I had been wine tasting the entire day, and this became our last stop. We rolled into Veris about 5:00 and discovered that they were open until 6:00pm unlike most of the other wineries. I was very pleased that they offered a delicious Sparkling Peach wine which was really refreshing. I imagined sitting on my Patio back in L.A. sipping this wonderful bubbly peachy goodness this summer, so I bought a bottle. After we tasted some of the Ben Hogans wines, we decided to have a glass of the Cab out in the yard and relax before getting on the freeway to return to Pismo Beach. The view is beautiful and we pretended that we were in Tuscany. The entire ambiance of Veris Cellars is charming from the converted Farm House tasting rooms to the gifts to the gardens boasting gorgeous roses and other flowers in full bloom. There were only 2 pourers left when we arrived and they were so accommodating. It was obvious they really liked their jobs. Stop by and enjoy their wines, scenery and vibe. It's so worth the visit.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Went to the breakfast buffet during Zinfest. Excellent food, great live music, and endless mimosas. Everyone was pleasant, helpful and just a fun day. Where else can you have a great meal and drinks, then go hit some golf balls. All the wines are very good, the sparkling wines are very tasty. Kathy is a blast and I look forward to our next visit to Veris.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

The cellars have several wineries represented and the JanKris wine tasting is free. There's a nominal charge for tasting the others. I had 6 bottles shipped home (after receiving a 30% discount for joining their wine program). When one is "tasting" all day, one is never quite sure she's making rational decisions about her purchases. However, after receiving the wines at home, we've opened several bottles and have been pleased with every one of them. I plan on taking advantage of that 30% discount to order lots more. Put it on your route.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

My wife an I ended our afternoon of wine tasting in Paso Robles/Templeton with a stop at Veris. Kathy and Dana made us feel very welcome. It's a cosy, comfortable tasting room in a great old farmhouse. The wines were excellent and tasting fees are refunded with purchase. This is definitely one not to be missed. The best tasting room in the area!