“HAPPY ACRES IS CLOSED.”

Happy Acres Family Farm
Ranked #24 of 31 things to do in Templeton
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Not sure how to inform TripAdvisor but the Happy Acres sells products online but are no longer open t the public. They have moved & there is no "working farm" any longer. I actually talked to the owner when I called to see about tours.

6  Thank TKaz2017

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Our spring break visit was enjoyed by both my kids who are 9 and 17. The farm babies were adorable. We laughed feeding and milking the goats. The goat cheese was wonderful. Thanks for a fun morning and get photo opps. My daughter still talks about holding the tea cup piglet.

1  Thank N6797
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I really hate to give this place a mediocre review, but despite the pleasant morning we spent here, I can't get past the price for the tour which was pretty much a glorified petting zoo. My daughter in law and I took her 3 children and it cost us $86! They even charged for my 2 year old granddaughter. It was spring break and our tour guide was a teenage family member I suspect. I don't recall him introducing himself and he wasn't too forthcoming unless we asked questions. He was nice and pleasant, but we were a little underwhelmed by the tour given the amount it cost. It involved going from pen to pen to feed the different animals which included a nice variety of farmyard critters. Then we were given an opportunity to milk a goat. Finally, we were given some goat cheese. As another reviewer mentioned, there was no where to wash our hands after hand feeding the animals and milking the goat. He provided hand santizer, but the kids hands were filthy so we went to the car to get some baby wipes. He set out the cheese, some herbs and some ice cream toppings in front of us without a whole lot of explanation. We weren't particularly fond of the cheese, but that is just a personal taste thing. We were through in less than 90 minutes. We enjoyed the experience and as a local to the area, I would like to take my other two grandchildren, but I won't given the high price.

2  Thank valleykat
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great place for families. Loved all the animals. Reserved the tour for $25 each. For that price they should have a bathroom and a place to wash your hands with soap. Also some water even if I had to pay for it. Wonderful alternative to wine tasting. Still had an awesome time. Hard to find though. Not sure what happened to the farm stand everyone talks about.

2  Thank Jpullen
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We made an appointment to do a tour and it was a lot of fun! They have more than just happy goats at this farm too! Our favorite part was the "kindergarden" where baby animals of different species hang out to learn to get along with each other. We were able to enter and pet these cute little guys (mini-pigs, goats, chickens, there was even a puppy in there at the time). We then learned how goat cheese is made and donned some hair nets and mixed up a batch of spices into our goat cheese to take home. A fun date!