“Super Noisy Tasting Room”
Review of AronHill Vineyards

AronHill Vineyards
Ranked #4 of 29 things to do in Templeton
More attraction details
Owner description: Come taste our estate grown, hand crafted, premium wines from Templeton's west side. Our fruit forward, low yield Primitivo & Cabernet Sauvignon will indulge all of your senses. The AronHill Bistro is the Paso Robles wine country's dining discovery, where you will enjoy fresh dishes made from local farm-to-table sources, all paired with stunning hilltop views.
San Jose, California
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Super Noisy Tasting Room”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

After leaving Turley I saw the sign for this place that said there was food, so I went up the driveway and parked. Turns out the food is pannini and salads, which is not my cup of tea. But I stayed to taste, since I'd never heard of this wine.

There were seven people in the tasting room. Another dozen or so were outside at tables eating. I overheard the tasting room lady said it would take half an hour to get your pannini/salad after it was ordered. Huh? Why so long?

Since there were nice buildings that clearly cost some dough, I asked the pourer what the owner had done to earn the money to put into this nice looking property. She looked at me as if I'd asked her how long she had been a hooker, and responded that the owner had worked hard for his money. I have asked dozens of owners and pourers how the owner had made the money to put into the winery operation, and every one responded by answering where the money had come from. I don't get her attitude about the question?

But the biggest issue for me is that after spending all that money on a tasting room, the wrong materials were selected. All surfaces are hard, so that despite the fact that there were only seven folks tasting, the din of their voices bouncing off the floor and the walls was equivalent to sitting in a small room with fifty screaming little urchins. I drank fast, paid my $10.00, and left. If you go, taste outside. it's very pleasant there.

Visited August 2013

San Francisco, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“special find!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

stopped in here while wine tasting and looking for special event venues. Farmstand 46 is now closed :(, but this is right across the street so we killed 3 birds/one stone. The tasting room guys were super friendly and non-pretentious. We ordered lunch as well and really enjoyed our sandwiches/salads and eating out on their lovely patio on the hill with a super sweet view. I would recommend this for some good wine tasting and good lunch in the area - you will not regret it!

Visited July 2013
El Cajon, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful, friendly tasting room.”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We stop at Aron Hill every time we go to Paso which is 2x a year. We've enjoyed lunch and dinner there. Food is very good. We especially love their Primotivo! We are getting ready for our week long trip there we make every summer.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Kathy F
Santa Monica, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Tasty lunch with nice view”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stopped here to grab some lunch in between wine tastings. The paninis were good and came out quickly. The wine was tasty. The workers were a little snappy, but not bad overall.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank courtneyjestes
Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
““Great Lunch Respite””
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We didn't do wine tasting here, because we were famished and needed to get some food in our systems. So we sat out on the covered patio and ordered some really delicious Panini sandwiches and glasses of the AronHill Chardonnays. I had the "Mare" panini which was a really good smoked turkey with Gouda cheese and pesto sauce on perfectly toasted panini bread. It was served with a spring mix salad which was lightly dressed and wonderful. I put some of the salad on the sandwich and voila, double goodness in every bite. There are not many eating places on 46, other than Farm Stand 46 which is the place most people stop, but they were closed until May. After eating at AronHIll, who cares that they were closed. Bon appetit in between tasting.

Visited April 2013