“Wild Horse Winery = Mild Experience”

Wild Horse Winery & Vineyards
Ranked #6 of 29 things to do in Templeton
Monterey
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Wild Horse Winery = Mild Experience”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Maybe it was the fact that I was the only patron in the tasting room. Maybe it was the fact that the employee pouring the wines was struggling to stay awake. I was not really impressed. I liked the wines okay. I tried to pull some interesting information from the employee regarding their products, but to no avail. Maybe he was just having an OFF day.

Visited August 2012

Silicon Valley, CA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Love Pinots? Love Wild Horse!”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Have been here before but had to visit with friends again in June. Their pinots are widely varied, and our pourer explained the differences in grape and fermentation for each, so we had a better idea of how to classify them. However, with the exception of the first we tried (whose name I don't remember now), all of them were great, and would be noteworthy to serve to guests. Some were California style and some French, and my favorite was one right in the middle, with features of both approaches, the 2008 Unbridled Arroyo Grande. I also liked their straight up French style Cheval Sauvage pinot too. Whites I don't remember being interesting, but their "Pink Floyd" rose surprised me, and we later went out to greet and pet Floyd, the resident llama, after whom it's named.

Visited June 2012
Pismo Beach, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nice place”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

It's a lovely building and the employees are all very friendly. We happen to enjoy their merlot.

Visited September 2011
Redwood City, California
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Good solid wines”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Anyone familiar with Wild Horse knows that it produces very good wines at reasonable prices. Several wines can be found at wine shops and restaurants so I recommend tasting and buying those not so readily available. We compared several of the Pinot Noirs, all impressive though grapes are purchased from other vineyards as they do not grow well in this particular region. The Chardonnays were also very good as was the Verdelho, a new grape for me. Excellent served really cold on a warm day.
There is a small fee ($5) for tasting, which is credited back at wine purchase.

Visited January 2012