Sea Ranch Lodge
Timber Cove Resort(Jenner)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$286
Orbitz.com
Fort Ross Lodge(Jenner)(Great Value!)
US$170
Travelocity
US$105
Super 8 Cloverdale(Cloverdale)(Great Value!)
US$139
Geyserville Inn(Geyserville)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$204
Official Website
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswindow seathiking trailsthe northern california coastadirondack chairsgas fireplacehot tubocean viewbeautiful propertyblack point grillsitting areacomplimentary breakfastgualalacoastlinedeerwildflowersinsulationwhales
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Let me start by saying that the facility, rooms, location and grounds of the Sea Ranch Lodge are amazing and beautiful. Unfortunately my husband and I were met with such bad customer service across the board that we couldn't wait to leave. I am extremely disappointed after reading such good reviews and being so excited to arrive here.

We were met with rude people at the front desk and were completely ignored at breakfast service. Overall it seemed that there was a lack of management and that there were not enough staff at any point of time. This caused people to wait and lines to form at the restaurant with no one there to greet them. Servers would walk by and not make eye contact, ignoring them for long periods of time.

The server's at dinner were friendly but still very behind. We just got used to waiting about 15-20 minutes to be seated and then double that to be given a menu or given water. I have never felt this way about a hotel. It was such a huge contradiction to have such a nicely remodeled place with a great view and good food to then have such a poorly trained and managed staff. For the price we paid I really would expect a lot more. Hopefully the remodel is fresh and the staff is new and just figuring things out. I wish I could write I good review for this place but cannot. I don't recommend it.

I reached out to the manager of my concerns after we left and have not heard back...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank sml012
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We spent my wife's birthday here.
We had dinner there as well as the included breakfast. Both the food and service were excellent!
Our room had a wonderful ocean view. The surrounding views of wildlife and natural habitat are added treats.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Lowell J, General Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

vjgonzo3

Thanks for choosing the Sea Ranch Lodge to celebrate your wife's birthday! I was delighted to hear that our food and service were excellent. The ocean views are quite spectacular aren't they?

I hope you have the opportunity to visit again!

Lowell Johnson

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We celebrated my 60th birthday this week and decided on a side trip to the coast before our ritual Napa visits. Very worthwhile and beautiful diversion. The Lodge is a great facility in every respect. The rooms look out over the ocean - we stayed in the least expensive room and it was wonderful. The included breakfast is a REAL breakfast with many choices. Service was tops. The best however is the location - gorgeous views of the Pacific, huge cliffs, plants, birds, seals (when you're lucky), and lots of walking trails. We visited Fort Ross winery - good wines and tasting room views. The Lodge gets you access to a nice gym in Gualala about 12 minutes away. We highly recommend the Lodge.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FishSRQ

FishSarasota

Thank you for celebrating your milestone birthday with us! Napa is certainly beautiful, but as you pointed out, this part of coastline is absolutely worth the trip. As delighted as I was to hear that our service was great, you are right in that this location is amazing. Thank you for your recommendation, we hope you have an opportunity to visit us again.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The place is quite special and I don't really know what to compare it to... There is NOTHING there and that's what makes it so special! We stayed only one night but I wish we had stayed at least two or three nights. If you fly in to San Francisco this is a wonderfull place to start your vacation, slow down and overcome some of your jetlag. The building is all wood and the smell in the room is kind of like an old summercabin. The view is fantastic. There was a sofa/bed in front of the window where our daughter slept and it's an amazing spot to watch the ocean. The room, the furniture etc is all in a very cool style. The bathroom is huge and with a beautiful architecture. The king bed had a wonderful view over the ocean too.

We ate dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. Again the view is stunning!. The food was excellent - even though I was sick from driving that winding road - I could taste it was good. Very reasonable prices too. Nice breakfast.

Outside you can take a walk in some desolated nature. We saw deer from both the room and the restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

EmNaMi

Thanks for your review. Sea Ranch is special and there is no other place like it. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and that the food also met your expectations.

We hope you find the chance to visit us again (for a few more days next time!)

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Truly serene...and secluded.
Great place if all you want to hear is the surf and bird songs!
Try to get an upper floor room as the buildings are vintage 1960s... immaculately restored, but no modern sound proofing, so if you have other guest overhead it can be a bit noisy at times.
Otherwise a great place and dog friendly too.

Room Tip: Upper floors are ideal
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Nick W

Nick W

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. It is always satisfying to hear about another visitor who enjoyed the serenity of The Sea Ranch.

I hope you find the opportunity to visit again soon.