“Lovely and Relaxing”
Review of Sea Ranch Lodge

Sea Ranch Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in The Sea Ranch
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My elderly mother in law and I stayed for two nights. The lodge/room were very clean, but showed its age a bit. We were quite comfortable and the desk even sent her forgotten items from a drawer the next day!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lee H, General Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Ellen,

On behalf of the team here we appreciate your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay. I was glad to read the Front Desk was able to return some left behind items. If I can be of any assistance in making future reservations please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I surprised my girlfriend with a trip to Tomales Bay first for Oysters and then continued north to Sea Ranch Lodge. I had heard great things about the hotel, but when we got here (after a very windy drive :P), the look on my girlfriend's face said it all! The views from the room were fantastic, the fact that you can do all your dining at the hotel was awesome (the included made-to-order breakfast was sooo good), and the service was terrific. I still think about those eggs benedict on hashed potatoes, mmm. Be warned, AT&T cell service doesn't reach here, but wifi does if you insist on staying connected someway. Luckily, I had some movies pre-downloaded for entertainment. Oh, and there's no TV so that added to the tranquility of the experience. I think I'd like to come back at least once a year, if anything to recharge. But be warned, the drive up here is pretty windy so if you have trouble with carsickness, that won't be very fun.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you are looking to take quiet long walks (often in the fog) this is a great place. Wonderful views of the coast from the many cliffs. An occasional whale in the distance. There is one restaurant on the property that serves three squares a day. Good food but not gourmet. There is a nice links style golf course 8 miles away that provided a nice diversion. Its a place for rest and reflection. I wouldn't bring little kids here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lee H, General Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Ficecone,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I appreciate all your great feedback. We hope to have you come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Sea Ranch is such a beautiful get-away. The staff takes great care of you and the rooms are very comfortable with beautiful views. Be aware it is an old structure so you can hear the folks above you, but everyone seems to be very respectful of noise levels, so it was not a bother during my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nicole S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I appreciate all your great comments regarding the staff and will be sure to pass them along. Your right, in the other guests are very conscious of noise and their neighbors. However being a wooden building sound will travel easier. I happy to see you were able to relax and enjoy yourself.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We needed to get away and relax and this was the perfect place. Room was very private with a great view, the fire place a perfect touch in the evening. Hiking trails along the ocean were great and the service staff was wonderful. I had the chef's diner special each of the four nights and each one seemed to top the previous one.

Dear Rick,

Lastly, I will be sure to pass along your great comments onto the Chef.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We spent two nights at the Sea Ranch for a quick mini vacation. The ambience is wonderful and walking along the bluffs is an experience not to be missed. The room was clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Excellent food and wine list at the Grill, but service slow. A bit pricey, but overall good value for the money.

Dear Gabriel and Eva,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience. I was glad to read you enjoyed your mini vacation. I do apologize for the slow service you received in the dining room. I will be sure to pass this along to the restaurant. It's our hope we will have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a quiet, beautiful setting for a tranquil get away. If you love to hike this is a perfect place, as there are miles of hiking paths along the beach. The rooms were very nice, large, with wonderful views, plush comfy beds and updated, very nice bathrooms. The staff couldn't have been nicer, and the food was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kathy D,

Thank you for all your wonderful comments. I'm extremely happy that you enjoyed your time at the Lodge and I will be sure to share all your great comments with the team. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near The Sea Ranch
#4 of 7 in Gualala
The Wharf Master's Inn
The Wharf Master's Inn
#1 of 2 in Point Arena

Been to Sea Ranch Lodge? Share your experiences!