“Beautiful and rustic retreat - but room walls are thin.”
Review of Sea Ranch Lodge

Sea Ranch Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in The Sea Ranch
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We had two nights in Sea Ranch and I loved the rustic nature of the landscape and the lodge. We saw deer up close and the walks are terrific. Food in the Grill was really good and we appreciated the chef staying open our first night as we drove up from SFO to make the dinner service. As many other reviews indicate the walls in the rooms are thin. It didn't worry me too much but my husband was bothered a little. As there is no TV's that does help reduce the disturbance. Wifi really good. The room furnishings are also a little tired but the room was spotlessly clean and the linens wonderfully soft. My suggestion would be some ear plugs for guests and also two tea bags - rather than one - and fresh milk to have with their wonderful in room coffee. We also enjoyed a fabulous massage -make sure to book ahead as the times are limited.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lee H, General Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Auctionman,

I appreciate all the great feedback and will be sure to begin to place two bags of tea in the rooms. I will also discuss placing milk along with the creamers in the fridge. I apologize for the thinner walls and I am sorry you were unaware of the ear plugs in the room.

In regards to limited availability at the Spa I am currently working on adding additional staff to allow for more spontaneous bookings in the Spa. Thank you again for all the great feedback.

There are newer reviews for Sea Ranch Lodge

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed there with my wife and 4 1/2 year old. They all had a great time. We stayed after a week of camping in the redwoods, so the shower and fireplace in the room where just what we needed. Watched deer graze as we ate a great dinner, played board games in the lobby and walked to the beach the next morning. loved it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Beth R,

Thank you for posting your comments on your recent stay. I am so glad you and family were able to unwind after camping and enjoy the peacefulness. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I have stayed twice less than 24 hrs and want to go back. I love the cliffs/ocean and dont want or need to bake in the sun. The winds beckon
and clear the mind. The food and wine invigorates and replenishes. The rooms have creature comforts, including a gas stove fireplace, in the wilderness.
The memory of the getaway heals the soul--what more does one want??

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and thank you for the wonderful comments. We hope to have you back up to the Lodge again soon. If there is anything the staff or I can do upon your return to make the next visit even more enjoyable please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

The staff was welcoming, restaurant was delicious, there are lots of hiking trails in the area but on the property alone there is a beautiful preserve with gorgeous views at every turn (round trip up to 16 miles). My husband and I enjoyed our weekend getaway from city living -- it was exactly what we needed.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lee H, General Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear JP,

Thank you for the great comments regarding the staff, I will be sure to pass along your comments. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy time at the Lodge. The next time you and your husband need a little R&R let me know and I'd be happy to make a reservation.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We arrived early but the staff was warm, wecoming and accommodating. When we settled in our room the view was awesome, I went out walking the easy access paths and enjoyed the view at every step of the way. My husband stayed in the room and read in complete silence and was so appreciative of his time to relax and unwind. We both loved this lodge and plan to return. No TV but there is internet. Very comfy clean spacious room

Dear Jean,

I am so glad both you and your husband were able to relax and unwind. I appreciate all your wonderful comments and I will be sure to share them with the team. We look forward to many return trips back to the Lodge. If there is anything we can do to make your next experience even more enjoyable please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

If you get a chance plan to be there for one of their Winemaker's Dinners. Outstanding! It's so quiet it hurts your ears. Saw a bobcat at breakfast.
Windows in our room are getting old and blurry to see thru.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lee H, General Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear AtHomelnLV,

The winemaker dinners have become extremely popular. Chef does an outstanding job preparing his dishes to pair with each wine. I'm excited for next years lineup of winemaker dinners.

I apologize for your room window being a bit blurry. We clean them on a weekly basis, but I will speak with the team about getting them done more frequently. In the future please do not hesitate to let us know if your window is a bit fuzzy from the salt in the air.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Have been three teimes at the hotel in the last 20 years and each time we are caught again by the wonderful atmosphere. No telephone, no TV but spectacular views of th coast with very memorable sun downers

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Michael,

I couldn't agree more with your comments on how Sea Ranch is a 'Magic Place'. I am extremely lucky to be able to come into work and be surrounded by such beauty. I hope your able to continue to make return trips into the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near The Sea Ranch
#3 of 7 in Gualala
The Wharf Master's Inn
The Wharf Master's Inn
#1 of 2 in Point Arena

Been to Sea Ranch Lodge? Share your experiences!