“A Perfect Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in The Sea Ranch
San Antonio
“A Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I went to Sea Ranch seeking quiet, solitude, natural beauty and relaxation and found them all. A wonderful setting and the hotel is maintained beautifully. The room was perfect in all respects. The dining options are limited but the view makes up for it. I will most likely return

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank John G
Lee H, General Manager at Sea Ranch Lodge, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our guest survey regarding your recent stay.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again in the future. If there is anything the staff or I can do to make your return trip even better please do not hesitate to let us know.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
River Forest
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We were visiting Sea Ranch with extended family who had a large house a mile from the lodge. We stayed in the lodge for 3 nights and were very disappointed. The room had a very small window with an outsized gas fireplace we never used. Worst of all was how noisy it was -- a note in the bathroom warns that the lodge was build before soundproofing and that is an understatement. We were woken each morning at 5:00 a.m. by the sound of pacing above us. We asked if our room could be changed and the front desk was noticeably unconcerned. No other room was available and the rest was our problem. We are not likely to be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

3 Thank Mary Lou S
Dear Mary Lou,

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience of the noise during your stay.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 707-785-4811.
San Francisco
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Our room (#3) could use a facelift - worn carpeting, window screen broken, recliner upholstery faded. The view was spectacular but the experience was downgraded a bit due to the condition of the room. The housekeeping staff was friendly; it is not a problem with housekeeping. The maintenance and upkeep could be improved.

1 Thank Helen F
Dear Helen,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. In response to the condition of room #3 I will be sure to have maintenance look into the window screen. I am excited to say that each guestroom is waiting on shipment for some new furniture. It's our hope that you will allow us another opportunity to have you as our guest.
Walnut Creek
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Comfortable, relaxed time, but really you guys, wifi is like running water nowadays: you gotta have it. If the private houses on Sea Ranch--where we've stayed several times--can get reliable wifi, so can you. Also, your front desk people could tell us almost nothing about local trails. One woman we asked there actually told us she was a local and so hadn't been on the trails for years, that only the tourists went there--as if we tourists are a lesser species. She's working with tourists full-time. She should know this stuff. The best info on trails we got was from two Gualala Park aides who knew their local info hands down and oozed dislike and distrust of Sea Ranch and Sea Ranch Lodge. You guys need to work on your community relationship.

Dear Anastasia,

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. The Front Desk has trail maps as well as I've had several staff members join a very knowledgeable tour guide on her tours. I apologize this staff member was unable to assist you. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

In response to the wifi the Lodge has wifi in every guestroom. I apologize you were never made aware.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We had two nights in Sea Ranch and I loved the rustic nature of the landscape and the lodge. We saw deer up close and the walks are terrific. Food in the Grill was really good and we appreciated the chef staying open our first night as we drove up from SFO to make the dinner service. As many other reviews indicate the walls in the rooms are thin. It didn't worry me too much but my husband was bothered a little. As there is no TV's that does help reduce the disturbance. Wifi really good. The room furnishings are also a little tired but the room was spotlessly clean and the linens wonderfully soft. My suggestion would be some ear plugs for guests and also two tea bags - rather than one - and fresh milk to have with their wonderful in room coffee. We also enjoyed a fabulous massage -make sure to book ahead as the times are limited.

Dear Auctionman,

I appreciate all the great feedback and will be sure to begin to place two bags of tea in the rooms. I will also discuss placing milk along with the creamers in the fridge. I apologize for the thinner walls and I am sorry you were unaware of the ear plugs in the room.

In regards to limited availability at the Spa I am currently working on adding additional staff to allow for more spontaneous bookings in the Spa. Thank you again for all the great feedback.
San Francisco
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed there with my wife and 4 1/2 year old. They all had a great time. We stayed after a week of camping in the redwoods, so the shower and fireplace in the room where just what we needed. Watched deer graze as we ate a great dinner, played board games in the lobby and walked to the beach the next morning. loved it!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Beth R,

Thank you for posting your comments on your recent stay. I am so glad you and family were able to unwind after camping and enjoy the peacefulness. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Los Angeles
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I have stayed twice less than 24 hrs and want to go back. I love the cliffs/ocean and dont want or need to bake in the sun. The winds beckon
and clear the mind. The food and wine invigorates and replenishes. The rooms have creature comforts, including a gas stove fireplace, in the wilderness.
The memory of the getaway heals the soul--what more does one want??

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and thank you for the wonderful comments. We hope to have you back up to the Lodge again soon. If there is anything the staff or I can do upon your return to make the next visit even more enjoyable please do not hesitate to let us know.
Also consider these accommodations in or near The Sea Ranch
#1 of 2 in Point Arena
Gualala Country Inn
Gualala Country Inn
#5 of 7 in Gualala

Been to Sea Ranch Lodge? Share your experiences!