Sea & Sun Lodges-Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Thermal
See available hotels
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2009

We chose this place to stay between Anza-Borrego and Joshua Tree because the Coachella music festival had booked up most of the hotels in the Palm Springs area. We thought it would be nice and relaxing to stay by the Salton Sea and were swayed by the positive review of the previous reviewer.

I am not an upscale traveler, and I often stay in cheap motels. Having said that, this is one of the more run-down places I have stayed. It had obviously been vacuumed, but the more long-term cleaning was missing -- the walls and doors were dirty, metal was rusty, etc. I will include pictures! Additionally, the power went out a few times over the course of the night -- I have no idea if this is a common problem.

I fear the previous reviewer was reviewing the incorrect motel, because I do not remember a view of the marina. I encourage you to check this place out on google street view. It is located on Desert Shores Dr between Mountain View & Palo Verde on the south side of the street (just a bit west of where it comes up when you type in the address). If you scroll around you should be able to see it and the surrounding area - which you might want to check out.

When we got to this place we felt like we were in the middle of nowhere, so we stopped at the desk to ask where it was possible to get food. We were treated like we were really inconveniencing them with the question. They told us that the only place in Desert Shores was a Chinese place a block or two down the road. Otherwise you need to drive at least as far as the casino. We weren't impressed with the options there either (a 24-hour Denny's-type-place and a Subway) and ended up traveling all the way down to Salton City for dinner.

Overall it was a tolerable experience, but not at all what we were expecting. I encourage you to check out our pictures as well as look around the area on Street View a bit before making your decision.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
8  Thank gabry_ll
Reviewed 19 September 2006

Pleasant people. Right next to every room there is parking available.

Called for extra towels, and got them in no time. I was impressed.

Staff was courteous and were pleasant on the phone when we called to verify. Room was upgraded free, from 2 doubles to 2 queens. It was dated, but clean and had a view of the marina. It was quiet, even though there is road in middle of the motel.

I would stay here again--close enough to everything, but quiet with a nice view.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank jablomy