Still trying to get back to Normal after the amazing Vacation ...
GETTING THERE : LONG STORY at the end !
ON ARRIVAL: Warm welcome at the reception with amazing "Jaggery Coffee", after the usual formalities our car was whisked away by the valet , and the luggage to our room by the Golf Carts (Your mode of transport for the next 2 days!) ... after we finished our coffee and were dropped at our room.The Resort in itself is awesome with its neatly tucked in villas (Tree houses) ...
THE VILLA: a split condo with a seating area and the bed on diff levels ... a sit out with comfy chairs and a sunbath chair as well ... you can stare at the top of the Trees .... we had a choir of Crickets(Cicadas) to keep us company at most times ! Spacious with a well stocked minibar (on the house) and some good coffee (from the plantation). Bathrooms were clean and spacious, good space for luggage and 2 cupboards ...
The Restaurants : they have 3 ... a bar , a main dining , Verandah( For fresh Coffee :))
The restaurant is good ... all meals are inclusive of the rates ... they generally have a buffet system, but since the occupancy was less on the rainy weekend that we were there ... we were served the entire buffet on the table ! Good Food and selection ... despite the location of the resort ... the also have a section on Coorg special Food... which we enjoyed thouroughly ! when we enquired about Coorgi Desserts , we were promptly answered that we will get some special Coorgi Desserts at Dinner !!! (apart from the 5 desserts already being served)
A special note to all the staff at the restaurant : extremely polite and accomodating ... one evening when my hubby wasnt keeping too well they went out of thier way to serve jaljeera and khichdi :)
the restaurant has an amazing view ... which i will not disclose ! its a joy to walk in and discover the "Dance Floor"
ACTIVITIES : Once in .... there is no getting out ! didnt want to either ! we went for the plantation tour with Mr. Bheemaih ! knowledgable and encouranging , it was a treat to see the beautiful flowers , fruit and spices growing along with the coffee ofcourse ... which ended with a delectable "make your own Coffee" session at the verandah !!!!! we really enjoyed !!!
they also have a recreation centre with the usual board games and a huge TV and speaker system ( it was football time when we went ! and still none of the residents watched any games ... nature was more enchanting !!) They also offer trekking ... 4.5 hrs trek approx ...
THE SPA: The SPA is superbly located at the highest point of the resort , small and cosy , good service... relaxation galore !
Yoga : Didnt try it but sure to be great !!!
AHHH !!!! : I PROMISED I will get to the part about the Journey ....
its slightly long but totally worth it !!!!
while going to Tamara we took a stop at Mysore and then proceeded the next morning ...as you enter the region it is breath takingly beautiful !!! and we really enjoyed the drive !
ON THE WAY BACK : WE MADE THE JOURNEY TO BANGALORE IN A SINGLE STRETCH ! 9 hrs !!! The Tamara staff was nice enough to help us with a driver till the end of the TAMARA Property (4KMS GHAT ROAD) ... Thanks Mr. Virender, by the time we got to the crazy traffic of bangalore ... we wanted to go back to TAMARA once again !!!
Some requests and Suggestions !!!! :
1. Please donot change the SPA location
2. If possible can the bathrooms be equipped with a Tub ... ideal to soak in !
3.Driver service can be provided to all guests to and from the 4 km point !(Thanks once again )
4. DONOT CHANGE THE BELOW 12 yrs children not allowed policy (Sorry kiddos)
We will be back soon !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Madikeri Taluk, The Tamara Coorg has been conceptualized as a hymn to the beauty of the Western Ghats. Revealed to the world in 2012, The Resort presides over an estate of 180.02 acres producing Coffee, Cardamom, Pepper, and mixed woodlands on the ragged slopes of an east facing hill. The breathtaking ambiance has been conceptualized as aesthetic, eco-friendly compliments to the natural environment, adding superb luxuries to create an experiential getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Tamara Coorg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.