All reviewsbedroom apartmentgreat eastern highwayarrived latestayed overnight hereground floorno frillscomfy bedperth airportkitchencriteriastove
Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for work recently. There was a strong smell coming from kitchen sink which made whole room smell. Water pressure from shower really bad. Very noisy - you could hear all the other guests in their rooms. Not sure how much the rooms cost as paid for by work but I will not be staying here again as there are much better options nearby.

• Stayed: November 2012

Hi,

Thank you for the review. I am sorry you did not have a good stay.

That certainly would not have been pleasant to have a bad smell coming from the kitchen sink. If this issue was brought to my attention, I would have acted upon it straight away.

Not long after your stay we had a new hot water system installed in the apartment which resolved the problem with the water pressure.

Your room was a Family One Bedroom Apartment, priced at $160 per night - it was likely that all of our Standard Apartments at $125 were booked. I am very confident that our rooms offer superior value to our competitors in the area.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I stayed her here with my two small children, we had a 2 bedroom apartment on the top floor, two flights of stairs, very very clean, spacious, comfy beds, 2 recliners & 3 seater leather lounge comfy, older telly, gas stove & oven, basic cooking tools, very central and easy access off great eastern hwy(roadworks atm but have put a sound barrier put up which reduces the road noise so this is now not a real issue) Only downside is older building so noise travels, some guests are very inconsiderate noisey buggers, but that is them not the lodge, and parking is very limited.
Other than that great place and price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rikki R
Management response:Responded 9 January 2014

Thank you for the nice review.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Well I didn't find the lodge as noisy as another reviewer did re sirens etc, and I do think that when it comes to other guests one has to bear in mind that any hotel could fall victim to inconsiderate guests, but yes this lodge is very close to the very busy Great Eastern Highway. But, it doesnt sit directly on the highway as do all the other hotels, I found this to be a great advantage when it came to getting in and out of the lodge. Not that there is a major problem with the other hotels (I have stayed at 6 along this road over the years), but this one was just plum effortless. Its an older hotel for those that prefer newer accommodation but the room I had was spotless and more than adequate for my needs. The biggest plus was the location, which is why I guess there are a lot of hotels in this area. If you don't want to be trying to find your way around city streets to your accommodation then this is ideal because the city is a simple 10 minute drive in busy traffic. Also you aren't too far from Belmont Shopping Forum and slightly more distant Westfield Carousel shopping centre. Across the road is a deli, and slightly up the road a 24 hour deli, the river is handy if you fancy a walk in the morning, of course this would be one of the closest hotels to the casino without actually staying at one of the casino hotels.
Not a huge complex (I prefer this).

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravellingAnge
Management response:Responded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your positive review.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

highway bit noisy, but location was excellent and room was on par with the cost

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank jackycee
Management response:Responded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your review!

Since your stay, there has been a three metre noise wall built adjacent to the motel as part of the Great Eastern Highway upgrade.This has eliminated most of the traffic noise from the highway.

I agree with your comment that the motel is in a great location! Just 5.5km from the domestic airport which takes 10-15 minutes by car. It's 5km from the CBD which is 10 minutes by car or a simple bus ride. One kilometere from the Crown Perth which is two minutes by car or a 15-20 minute walk.

Reviewed 6 September 2011

This lodge is about a 20 minute walk to the Burswood casino so on the Saturday night we stayed there you could hear police and ambulance sirens continually.
Also other people staying there were very loud and continually banging doors and very noisy Sunday morning from 6.30am onwards, disappointing. The apartment was adequate with all kitchen facilities that you need and bed was very comfortable. Actually after a week travelling in Perth and Margaret River area this was the most comfortable bed we'd slept in! Won't stay there again due to the noise.

Room Tip: We were in a groundfloor unit so above us could hear lots of noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WillungaBrain
Management response:Responded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your review.

As part of the Great Eastern Highway upgrade, there has been a three metre high noise wall built adjacent to the motel, so this has blocked out nearly all of the traffic noise.

I am sorry that you had noisy neighbours on the night you stayed. Clearly these neighbours were inconsiderate or other guests which is frustrating. I am sure though that you would accept that this could occur at just about any hotel or motel whether three star of five star.

I am pleased that you found the bed comfortable. When one of our beds becomes too old, I have them replaced with at least a 4 star commercial Slumbercare bed.