All reviews bedroom apartment great eastern highway arrived late stayed overnight here ground floor no frills comfy bed perth airport kitchen criteria stove
Reviewed 15 October 2014

Horrible, awful place never again, They claim the bedding is clean (blankets, bed spread), they claim this bedding is changed when new clients arrive, this is not the case, ours was smelly and stained, the mattress protectors are stained with a unhygienic feeling, the cleaners cleaned, however at times it was more of a miss than a hit.
We paid in advance, and was told they may need to relocate us if a better clientele came through, The big rubbish skip doesn't get empty much which leaves a disgusting odour, the carpark is a play area for children's skooters and basketballs, the clientele at times are riff Raff, very rough. The Management of Burswood Lodge Swears like a trooper, especially at ladies, The Management also robes in client's to help out when there is no staff. NOT EXECUTIVE, Stay away, Rubbish Lodge.

• Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank hammerbu
charles176, Manager at Burswood Lodge Motel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2015

Regrettably, this guest's review is motivated by revenge and is not a true reflection of their stay. This family of six was recently asked to check out from their Two Bedroom Apartment due to them being in arrears on their account. As every week went by they were getting further behind, so as we had other paying customers wanting to book our remaining rooms, we had no option but to ask them to check-out.

The guests were due to check out on Thursday, October 16, 2014 and discuss repayment of their debt before they left. Unfortunately, they left during the night without paying their account. To rub salt into the wound, they stole our bedspreads, blankets, pillows, mattress and pillow protectors, outdoor table, broom and dustpan. This theft has been reported to the police and is under investigation. We also have hearing listed in the Pert Magistrate's Court for recovery of the debt. The guest is aware of both of these matters.

These guests were nice as pie to us until we asked I asked them to check out. I politely and respectfully explained to the husband on the telephone why I needed them to check out. I offered the guests two days to move out as I had other guests that were checking in and he told me that he completely understood my position. He said he would get back the motel ASAP as he had issues with a broken down truck. Not more than five minutes later, the wife burst into our reception in a hysterical rage; shouting, sobbing and ranting at me. After a few minutes of this I could take no more and told her my decision was final and if she wouldn't leave the reception, I would call the police.

I can also advise readers that the glowing review on this page dated 29 August 2014 by 'ispock', does in fact originate from the same guest as this review. I know this to be true as a couple of weeks after the 29 August 2014 review was published, the wife told me it was her review; which I thanked her for. Further, there are comments contained in this latest review by 'hammerbu' that could only possibly have come from this guest. I elaborate further on this below.

I will now address further matters raised in this review:

- At no point during their stay did the guest complain about unclean bedding. If our cleaners find smelly or dirty bedding, it will be immediately removed to be sent to a dry cleaner and replaced with clean bedding. We always have two, three or more cleaners cleaning our apartments. In addition, our cleaners regularly detail our apartments, with extra attention given to the kitchens and bathrooms. The carpets are regularly maintained quality wool carpets, the walls are clean, the leather sofas clean and so on.

- After a while, the guest said they did not require any housekeeping as they had bought a vacuum cleaner and preferred to clean the room themselves. They would just come down to reception for towels.

- We have a large skip bin for rubbish that is collected by a rubbish truck once a week. We are a busy motel, yes, so sometimes the bin is full. Ironically, this family generated a huge amount of rubbish themselves and often took up a lot of room in the skip bin with their own rubbish in white 'glad' rubbish bags.

- When one of the guest's adult sons found out about my request for them to check out and the arrears debt, he came to the reception and asked to discuss the situation, which I was happy to do as he was reasonable and polite. He seemed satisfied with my explanation and then offered to 'work at the motel to help pay off the debt'. I respectfully declined his offer. So this is what the reviewer is referring to when she bizarrely claims, " The Management also robes in clients to help out when there is no staff".

We were extremely patient, compassionate and empathetic with this guest. Unfortunately the wife turned very nasty after I asked them to check out. In summary, I vigorously dispute all of this review including the ratings for value, location, rooms, cleanliness and service.

All I can do is leave it up to the judgement of the readers who they believe.

Reviewed 5 October 2014

I made my booking here a month and a half in advance, on the day before we were due to arrive I called to confirm that our room was on ground level as I can not walk up stairs due to my back (which when I booked the room I stated this fact)
The gentleman that answered the phone said that he could not see my booking at all! You can imagine how freaked out I was, he did say that he remembered me making it but due to the new computer system installed in September some how it got lost...
He did do his best to find a room for us but unfortunately the room only had two queen size beds and we needed a room for Me, my partner and 3 sons.
I do have to say that Richard along with Cam were very apologetic and they did feel awful for what happened. Richard was very professional, very helpful and turned a unfortunate situation into a happy one!
I recommend anyone to stay at the Burswood Lodge if they want a private, very clean and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lena R
Management response:Responded 23 October 2014

Thank you for the nice comments in your review. I am are happy that we resolved the situation for you. We do aim to provide friendly and personal customer service to our guests. I think that because we are a family owned motel, we do provide that extra touch with our customer service, not like the cold, rude reception you get at some places.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

This was the most affordable 2 bedroom family suite motel room/apartment we found in Perth. Clean, well kept and comfortable. Only 10 minutes drive to the Airport and about the same to the city. Would definitely stay here again. It is close to the river too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 23 October 2014

Thank you for the nice review.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Excellent service and friendly staff, house cleaning even did our dishes (which was great because I hate always doing them!), endless hot water for the shower. The unit is lovely and cool, the air con works great, I have no idea what other people are complaining about.

The laundry has two washing machines and a dryer which are coin operated and if you ask reception then they will change your coins for the machine to take them.

Our lounge suite, including the television are all modern and the television has all the normal channels which all work well and the couch and two recliners both are extremely comfortable. House cleaning comes everyday to vacuum and provide fresh towels (if you're staying longer they provide a thorough clean on a day of your choice), house cleaning also wear uniforms which provides comfort that they are not total strangers walking in your unit.

If you had a choice between staying at a place where the service was very professional and uncaring or a place where the service is friendly, happy, undersranding and caring like this one, which would you choose?

We would choose Burswood Lodge.

100 percent would do it again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank ispock

Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

About 10 mins of less drive to Burswood casino. Can't rely walk to the casino by foot.

Some fast food, small eateries and a mini market opposite the hotel

Pros: (1) nice and friendly owner, Mr Cameron.
(2) Reasonable price hotel

Cons: (1) sound proof not very good; not recommended for light sleepers
(2) no free wifi

Will not return that soon

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 23 October 2014

Thank you for your review.

Firstly, can I address the the guest's comment that we are not very close to the Crown Perth Resort and casino. A google map search of our location will confirm that we are exactly one kilometre from the Crown Perth. This is no more than a 2-3 minute drive. You definitely can walk there in 20 minutes or less - the only thing that slows the walk down a bit is having to wait a set of traffic lights or two. We are in fact the closest motel in Perth to the Crown Resort. We are thrilled that we are so close to the world class Crown Perth Resort which boasts among plenty of other features, 16 fantastic restaurants.

I regret that the guest experienced noisy guests next door - unfortunately some people can from time to time be inconsiderate. I think our our apartments our solidly built and it really comes down to the volume of the guest next door. I have stayed in 5 star hotels where you can hear the conversation from next door through the wall. If our in house guests experience noise issues or any kind of disturbance, they can contact the manager 24/7 on the number provided in the room and on the front of reception.

We do not and have never advertised free Wi-Fi. Our website cleary states "Wi-Fi Access (charges apply)". Our Wi-Fi access is provided through a company called Myport. Guests can go on their website and purchase Wi-Fi direct or we have pre-paid cards at reception. the NBN is being connected in our area, so we hopeful that next year we will be able to provide free Wi-Fi.