“Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
San Francisco, California
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I love this little place. The service is always friendly and efficient, and the food is great. We've eaten there several times. The place feels authentic and has a family feel to it. Avoid the horrible options on the main street of Tiburon and head to this little place on Ark Row.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank RobAfrica

Decatur, Georgia
“Great food and friendly service”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My wife had scouted this place out online before hand and saw the wonderful reviews. So after a nice ferry boat ride over from San Francisco, we checked it out. A pack of boys was there when we arrived and they were just raving over the food and the guy who runs it. Sure enough, this place is good and very affordable. Now it is NOT a fancy place by any means but the guy is enthusiastic and people would call out his name as they passed by his restaurant. And I really don't see how they can whip up these big tasty meals in that tiny kitchen, but they do. We are so glad we stopped here.

Visited June 2013
Berkeley, California
“Authentic, well-priced, friendly and delicious”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

A group of us stumbled upon this charming place when looking for a reasonable dinner in Tiburon. This is a small place, with a gorgeous view, and a very extensive menu that has Central American cuisine as well as traditional Mexican standbys. Poncho's is a family affair and you almost feel like you are eating at someone's home, where the mom in the back is cooking everything with love. The food was absolutely fantastic, well-portioned, and reasonably priced. This was a really nice change from the overpriced joints on the water, and it doesn't feel touristy at all. But let me reiterate that the service was professional and the place was immaculately clean; they may be unpretentious but they aren't cutting corners.

• Visited April 2013
Ahmedabad, India
“Undiscovered treasure”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Located on gorgeous Ark Row, humble but dear, Pancho's is delectable and probably the best deal in Tiburon. Terrific, generous portions -- great burritos, always delicious -- and Pancho infinite sweetness beckon. Smartest move is to tell him to just have Momma cook whatever she's in the mood for, order a Mexican beer, find a seat in the slanting sun, and you're in for a treat. For $10. Beat that in Bel-Tib. The place also has the sweetness and homey-ness of a real Mexican eating establishment. Take a moment to go South of the Border, with prices to match, and stretch out at Pancho's. You won't be worry.

PS - Don't tell your friends. I like that I can always get a seat.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank martyp1
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“A ton of flavor, great price!”
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We were visiting Tiburon and looking for a nice relaxing lunch. We studied all of the places ont he water and decided they didn't have to work very hard on the food or service if they had a deck on the water.

We found Casa Manana just up the street a block and it was to be the start of a great day. It is a blend of Mexican, Salvadoran, and California mexican. The waiter was very helpful and steered us to a great meal. I could not have been happier. I had the carnitas enchilada with verde sauce and she had a plaintain enchilada with mole sauce.

I hate to give 5 stars because I think that always looks phoney, but since I can't find any fault with this place, I have to do it. Trust me, you will like it.

2 Thank pentiumii