“We didn't want to leave”
Review of Waters Edge Hotel

Waters Edge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tiburon
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I just took mother-daughter trip and we had planned on staying in Napa, but decided to drive back to San Francisco. On way back, drove through Tiburon and saw the Waters Edge Hotel. They had availability and so we stayed. Rode their bikes around the peninsula, shopped the boutiques and enjoyed several of the restaurants in the neighborhood. The hotel staff were wonderful with every request. The firepit on the back patio with a view of San Francisco Bay was amazing. Can't say enough about how wonderful the hotel and staff were - felt we had discovered a cool secret cause everyone kept talking about Sausalito. This was way better.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank teriyano

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This place is amazing! Just stayed here for our anniversary weekend and it was all kinds of wonderful. Michael at the Front Desk was awesome and always asked if we needed anything. Super attentive. The hotel itself is in a perfect spot, right on Main st. We didn't need our car the entire weekend! The happy hour with Wine and Cheese was great, we took ours to the balcony and enjoyed the nice sunset. The breakfast served in the room was amazing, a perfect way to start the morning. The room itself was great, very comfortable beds and the fireplace and balcony made it even better. We used their complimentary bikes and rode to Blackie's pasture on a beautiful day.

I would definitely recommend this hotel hands down. From the staff, the rooms and location you cannot go wrong. Cannot wait to come back!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and had a balcony with a great view of the water.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whitney E
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We rested here in September after hosting our daughter's wedding in Sonoma County, CA. The room was quiet and soothing. We dined in the neighborhood, which offered lots of good options. The hotel provided wine and cheese, which we enjoyed on the balcony overlooking the northern end of San Francisco Bay. It was wonderful and very relaxing. A great site for a weekend getaway!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William V
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at Waters Edge during a recent trip to San Francisco. Tiburon is a great little town with some nice restaurants and a laid back atmosphere. Sam's restaurant has long been one of our favorites and to stay right next door was great. The hotel itself was fantastic, very clean, great staff. The patio at the back of the hotel overlooking the bay back to San Fran. was amazing.
The ability to ferry back and forth to San Fran was fun. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Had no idea what to expect. Very quaint and homey. Service just delightful. Rooms were big and comfy. View was fun and LOTS of amenities, for example FREE breakfast room service! Put your menu the door before a certain time, let them know when you want it, and knock knock knock the next morning you have breakfast :) such a cool offering!

Once we checked in we took the complimentary bicycles out for a fun ride through town and explored the friendly community. Such a beautiful escape from the city.

All the restaurants were in walking distance and a small quaint town, food in this area is delicious!

Lots of fun here, great mini getaway!

Room Tip: Get the breakfast in bed room service, its free and delicious! Do it again and move your breakfast t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis R
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

We came here for peace by the water. Sitting on the deck, they were either dredging or something making loud noises. No fire in pit as promised.
At night 2 people running heavily on roof- thought they were going to fall thru. Receptionist took his time to check, then finally said it didn't happen because no access to roof. Wrong attitude & he was wrong re access.
Breakfast was not on time & not 1st class but granola good.
Very disappointing

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank Adventurer2011
JFlake, Manager at Waters Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Mr. Teigeiro,

I'm very sorry you didn't have the experience you were hoping for. I had hoped to speak with you, as our team let me know that you were having some difficulties with your stay, and that you did not feel that your expectations were being met. I called you room, cell phone, and emaled you, while you were at the hotel, so that I could speak with you about the problems you were experiencing, but did not hear back from you.

It's our goal to provide a relaxing and peacefull stay, and I'm sorry that this was not how you felt. There was some work being done outside, on the seawall to the dock. Typically, it has not been very loud, and will be finished soon, but I'm sorry it disturbed your enjoyment of the quiet and views. Our firepit should be on every night, and there is no reason for it not to be. I have allready inquired with our staff as to why it may not have been on. This is not at all typical.

It has also has never happened that someone has run on our roof at night, though myself, nor our Front Desk Host, can't tell you it didn't happen. It feels very unlikely as our building would be very difficult to scale, without access (which is locked and inside), but again, it may have. Is there any possiblity it was seagulls? They do sometimes run on the roof. I'm sorry you were not given the benefit of the doubt, and I understand your frustration with that. Polite, warm, and accomodating is the manner in which we treat our guests, and it sounds like you comments could have been better recieved.

I'm dissapointed you did not find our breakfast to be "1st Class." We hope to satisfy our guests with an abundance of choices, including smoked salmon, steel cut oatmeal, organic yogurt, fresh pastries, and more. I hope you will contact me, offline, so I can get more specific feedback from you and use it to improve.

Thank you for reading and I really to hope to speak with you soon. Once again, I'm sorry about the problems you encountered.

Justin Flake
Waters Edge Hotel

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My husband and I were coming to Marin to visit friends over Thanksgiving and to celebrate our 22nd anniversary. Although not closest to our friends in San Anselmo, we picked the Waters Edge based on Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. The staff was really quite excellent. The front desk staff in particular was friendly, efficient, kind and attentive to our needs. They let us check in early, which was very much appreciated after a long drive from LA, made recommendations and reservations for our anniversary dinner, and sent up a bottle of champagne with chocolate and a card, which was a really nice gesture. In addition to the staff, the other stand out features were the location (right on the water), complimentary breakfast (surprisingly large), the room decor (pleasant and understated), the bed comfort (not too mushy, as so many hotel beds tend to be) and even the toiletries. My husband liked the lotion so much he had me order some when we got home (EO, made locally in Marin).

I only have two negative critiques. First, that it is hard to eat the breakfast as they don't provide a table, so one must balance the tray and food on either the bed or a small ottoman. It is certainly doable, but a bit awkward. The second issue was that there was a snafu regarding our check out date and the rate for that final night, which was not what was promised in my confirmation letter. It was all resolved quite easily, but it was disconcerting getting a phone call asking why we hadn't checked out yet, and I am glad I had my email confirmation re the rate with me. I suspect that the confusion stemmed from the fact that the first three nights were at one rate and the fourth and final night was at a discounted rate, but I am not sure how they got our check out date wrong. No matter, as there was no disruption to our stay, and we paid the rate we were promised.

All in all a very pleasant small hotel, and a place to which we would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiburon
The Lodge at Tiburon
Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point
#3 of 4 in Sausalito
Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area

Been to Waters Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!