“So good I want to keep it a secret!”
Review of Waters Edge Hotel

Waters Edge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tiburon
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Agree with all the superlatives used by previous reviewers. This hotel was a gift - stunning views of SF, great location, fab deck overlooking the water, professional, knowledgeable and welcoming staff, attention to detail with regard to guest comfort, (the fresh lemon water was a nice touch), lovely wine and cheese service. Would have been happy to stay longer and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank M M

Reviewed 11 May 2014

You will be delighted by this small hotel, right on the waters edge. You can count on delivery of all they promise from the lemon iced water in the lobby, to the wine and cheese served in the early evening, the lovely rooms with great beds and a little balcony, You select from items on a menu of the free full breakfast delivered to your room at the time you request - delicious! At the end of the second floor is a deck with plenty of chairs and a breathtaking view of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge, You may want to leave your car and take a ferry to downtown SF by jumping aboard the ferry at the pier right next door to the hotel. This hotel warrants a special trip! You will be glad you visited!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ClaudiaintheBerks
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Words can not express how impressed we were with the accommodations and the staff. The rooms were spacious, the views breathtaking and the staff went above and beyond. The morning breakfast delivered right to your door was a great way to start the day. The nightly wine and cheese in the lobby was a nice way to wind down before dinner.
Two great staff members were Jeff and Michael. Thank you for everything!!!!
I would highly recommend this hotel!!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had an amazing stay at this charming, beautiful, elegant hotel! The location is absolutely incredible, as it is the only water front hotel in Tiburon. From the moment I called to confirm the reservation, we were treated with kindness, warmth and appreciation. Jeff answered the phone that day, and when we checked in he remembered us. I also spoke briefly on the phone with Martine about bike riding in the area, and the hotel loaned us bikes, which were really nice, and when Martine set them up for us, he remembered speaking to me on the phone as well. This type of personal service is so rare in our rushed and hurried world, and I was extremely touched by the attention to detail, and personal attention. There was a lovely bottle of wine in our room, as well as delicious chocolate. The entire experience was just magical! Mike helped us out several times as well with ice, and brought us the perfect breakfast which was included in the price! Room service breakfast for free with a smile! Thanks Mike :o) When we went to check out Jeff was there and loade our car perfectly, and we felt like we were leaving a friend as we pulled away. One of the nicest experiences we have ever had at a hotel! The perfect getaway. My heart and soul were soothed by the beauty of this place, the staff, and the gorgeous vistas.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

A very nice facility with a very nice staff. Even helped us light a fire in our fireplace after hubby couldn't get the Duraflame log lit! Michael was very nice as were all the other staff members. Two things I would tell them to change about the room. It seems like they could do more with the space of the room and the bathroom to make it ergonomically friendly. More counter space is definitely needed in the bathroom. There is enough room in there for a double vanity even. They bring you a continental breakfast every morning, which is nice. But really no place to eat it since the desk is a desk and the one dresser is also used as a TV stand. I would take the desk out of there and replace with another nightstand and put a little 2 person table with chairs in front of the big window. The mattress seemed quite old and thin. A mattress topper really didn't make up for the worn mattress. Very quite place also, which was very nice. Really a nice place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lin67
Reviewed 24 April 2014

If you enjoy being by the water and soaking in the wonderful view of San Francisco Bay, then you'll love the Waters Edge Hotel in Tiburon California. I was fortunate enough to discover this hotel online.I spoke with Michael on the phone, who was manning the front desk.He informed me that he would make sure that I would have a very nice room for a birthday celebration.Room 220 was everything and more than I hoped for. We were welcomed to the room with a complimentary bottle of Prosecco and some savory chocolates.The room had a fireplace and its own outside porch area where you can sit and watch the boats go by and enjoy the incredible view. In the late afternoon wine, cheese, and crackers are provided. If your room does not have a view of the bay, bring your glass of wine and snacks outside to the common area with chairs,and tables, and a great view. In the very early morning I called Sunny at the front desk and asked if I could possibly have another log for the fireplace and a cup of coffee. She was at the door in minutes and made the delivery with a warm smile. While in Tiburon take a ferry to Angel Island, do a little shopping, or enjoy a wonderful meal at the Caprice Restaurant with an incredible view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Michael and Sunny will be more than welcome to provide you with helpfulu suggestions. All in all, it was a wonderful day and evening in Tiburon. Next time I'm sure that we will stay more than just one night. Special thanks again to Michael and Sunny who made our stay quite memorable.

Room Tip: Remember, ask for room 217 or 220 if you enjoy a fireplace and great view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gale A
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Location, Location, Location, this hotel has it!

Was having difficulty finding a downtown San Francisco hotel due to some special event in the city and decided to stay across the Bay at this wonderful little hotel.

The trip by ferry into/out of the city was quick and easy and the hotel is located steps away from the ferry dock.

Friendly and courteous service, rooms are large and the bed is very comfortable bathrooms are large and room was well equipped and clean. A fireplace and firewood is available for the cold nights and my room a small balcony with views of the waterfront.

Parking is available for a fee at a neighboring public lot (2 minute walk) and it can be charged directly to your room.

The hotel is surrounded by many restaurants to choose from as well as cute little boutiques.

I did have some initial trouble with the booking via tablet hotels as I had to change my booking and there was some confusion regarding the package booked. I was requested to confirm dinner reservations as the package included a meal credit but at check in was handed a coupon and told to choose one of the local restaurants so I ended up with the impression I paid for something I didn’t get.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank luvsundbeach
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiburon
The Lodge at Tiburon
Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point
#3 of 4 in Sausalito
Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area

Been to Waters Edge Hotel? Share your experiences!