“Deceptive deal: beware”

Tiburon Tavern at Lodge at Tiburon
Reserve with OpenTable
Tiburon Tavern at Lodge at Tiburon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Tiburon
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tiburon Tavern is on a mission to support our community located in the beautiful seaside town of Tiburon. Our menu showcases simple, delicious cuisine; using the finest, fresh, seasonal ingredients many of which are grown by local farmers. We are also featuring Marin County's first Napa Technology Wine station in which we serve exclusive local vintages. From our outstanding patio seating, fireside dining and lively bar atmosphere Tiburon Tavern is the place to be for comfortable surroundings, exceptional value and genuine hospitality.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Food and service here were decent though the mahi was somewhat overcooked and the bill "impossible to understand" (in the words of our waiter). The bill obscurity may be intentional since the amazon local deal I purchased had no resemblance to what we were offered.. Instead of having appetizer, entree and dessert choices up to the advertised prices on the dinner menu, you are given a limited "$49 deal menu" with a very limited range of choices. ANY change costs you $5 per person per course so that, for example, you are charged $5 extra to replace the chocolate pudding with the bread pudding that is $7 on the menu. How can this be, you might ask, since the deals advertise the shared dessert as a "up to $7 value"? The question should be addressed to California's Consumer Protection Bureau, in a class action suit brought by everyone who bought this deal at amazon local, groupon, and any other of the so-called deal sites used by this restaurant.

1  Thank Pentwater--summerjoy

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We read about this place as we were searching for dog friendly establishments. We found it easily walking from Waters Edge. We had lunch/brunch here and really enjoyed everything. The french toast with mascarpone was delicious and the crunchy pork sandwich would bring me back for sure. It is a nice outdoor setting, even without a view of the water. We really enjoyed this new find and plan to return, along with our dog!

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

The food and drinks were wonderful. We had the adult beverage and anti oxident mojito. Food; bib salad, grilled cheese, steak and chicken. All outstanding. Service was terrible. But he was a new server.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I wish I could rate it higher overall, but it just doesn't hit on all cylinders. I used to come here often for Sunday afternoons and thoroughly enjoyed the (old) happy hour menu. The new menu is very limited and one of my old favorites (truffle deviled eggs) has been changed to a version I don't care for now. Server was nice, but inconsistent - as usual. It's still a great spot to enjoy the outdoors from the bar or the patio area with firepits. This was the first time here especially for dinner. I had purchased a deal from Living Social for Prix Fixe dinner after calling ahead to be sure we could choose items we liked from the menu. When we arrived, we were surprised to find that there was now a "special menu" from which to choose - also very limited with 3 appetizers and 3 entrees - but at least there were choices I could live with. The kale ceasar was unconventional but very tasty, as was the butternut squash soup. The best thing by far was the pork chop served over spaetzle and brussel sprouts. A thick cut like a bone-in ribeye and likely the best chop I've ever had in a restaurant. There was no choice for dessert (chocolate pudding), but it tasted better than it sounded. The "included" wine was not one I could drink, and we would have upgraded to a different bottle if more options were available. Despite a rather extensive wine list, the only one offered was $25 additional and not worth the extra cost. I would still recommend checking it out for a casual meal...and I'll be back for another pork chop!

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Came here with a Travelzoo deal and it was excellent! We had a great prix fixe menu to choose from; the deviled eggs app and pork chop entree were so good. There was also live music and very friendly servers. Would definitely come back, and hopefully with another voucher!