“A Great Retreat!”

The Lodge at Tiburon
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tiburon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and we were very happy with our decision. The location is wonderful and the hotel itself was wonderful- beautiful, big rooms and great outside seating. The only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was the bathroom, but the room itself was great. The food at their restaurant was great- the chef had an interesting take on dishes and their staff was WONDERFUL. We tried the wine tap and were a little disappointed that many of the bottles were empty, but it was a great way to try different types of wine. Their parking was a little annoying as we never got one of the few covered spots and it rained while we were there, but when the weather was nice, it was fine. If we are in the area again, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013
sietse1472, General Manager at The Lodge at Tiburon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Kathleen F,
Thank you for choosing the Lodge at Tiburon as your destination for your honeymoon. I am very happy to hear that it was a great decision for your stay in the Bay Area. I would also like to congratulate you two on your marriage. Tiburon is a great place to stay as well somewhere to celebrate such a great event. I am glad that you enjoyed the room that you had as well as your dining experience in our restaurant. We hope that your travels bring you and your husband back to the Tiburon area and hope to see you again in the future. Please let me know if I can make future arrangements for your next stay.
Sietse Nabben

Write a ReviewReviews (1,561)

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The outside is impressive with a huge seating area with colorful pillows , heaters , fire pits and lively music- this part they got right! Inside it's a supped up motel... the furnishings in the rooms are fine; however, the biggest problem here is that you hear everything going on outside of your room. You hear people coming and going allll night. The bathrooms are basic and the bed was great (a PLUS) ... however, I was awake every time someone walked by my room. I think it is an OK place to stay- if you can get it discounted. They are way overpriced for what it does not offer. Beware:: Parking is another $35/night... oh they let children run wild here totally unsupervised. I would pay a bit more and go down the road. Would not stay unless the price is right- IMO about 149/night at most would I pay for this place.

Dear SpaGirlDallas,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on The Lodge at Tiburon. I would like to apologize for the noise issues that occurred during your stay. Although, I am happy to hear that you did enjoy the bed in the room and found it to be comfortable. Also, the Lodge does offer complimentary parking for our guests that stay at the hotel as well as dine in the restaurant. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to turn this experience into a more positive memorable stay for you. I would be happy to make future arrangements for you the next time you plan on visiting the Bay Area.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We spent 2 nights here as part of a longer trip to celebrate our Silver Wedding anniversary. We have always been very fond of Tiburon and have stayed at the Lodge before as a rare treat. This time, however, it just seemed overpriced and very average. The room was in a wing near the car park and was large and very sparcely furnished. The staff were pleasant but the cleaners were far too eager first thing in the mronings wanting to clean the room. Our main issue really was that the room was absolutely freezing. It was, unfortunately, a very cold few days (by Californian standards) and the only heating was under the window and was pretty noisy and not very effective in such a big room. There was no heating at all in the bathroom which did not make for a very pleasant experience.
My additional grumble is that I am pretty fussy as I get really bad neck ache if I do not have soft feather pillows. The pillows we had were feather but they were not very good quality so I woke up with my usual neck ache.

I think the main problem with the Lodge at Tiburon is that they cater for conferences and because they have such a great location they can charge extreme prices when in reality they are not much more than a glorified motor lodge. In the past we have also stayed at the Water's Edge Hotel which is similarly priced. I think that may be a better option in the future.

Dear dunwomblin,
I am sorry to hear that your recent stay at The Lodge was not the same as your previous times you have been with us. I will talk to our maintenance department in order to see how we can fix the heating issues that have occurred during your stay. As for our rates, it is reflected based upon the occupancy of the hotel and the time of your stay. At times rates can be higher depending on the time of the booking and the hotel’s occupancy. We do hope that you visit the Tiburon area again in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do in the future if you plan on coming back to the Bay Area. I would gladly like arrange future accommodations for you and your husband.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for his birthday weekend because I found a LivingSocial deal. The location is absolutely perfect-- near shops and restaurants and the ferry port. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean, nice, and pretty standard, although none of them have very nice views. It was quiet and peaceful. The hotel bar had a nice ambiance but the service was lacking. The Tiburon Lodge Restaurant had good food and service, but felt slightly overpriced for the portions. The night we were there they had an excellent live musician playing James Taylor-type songs and that added to the lovely, cozy atmosphere. There are fire pits scattered throughout the hotel grounds that are also really nice and add to the ambiance. Overall we had a lovely stay and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: November 2013
sietse1472, General Manager at The Lodge at Tiburon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear cmagnee,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on The Lodge at Tiburon. I am happy to hear that you and your husband were able to have a nice quiet getaway for his birthday weekend. Also, I am pleased that you were able to enjoy a few of the many amenities that are on our property. I am glad that my hotel and restaurant staff was able to provide friendly and good service during your stay. I hope that you and your husband are able to come back to the Lodge to enjoy many of our amenities. If you plan to come back to the Bay Area I would be happy to make future arrangements for your next stay.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Positives: Great location, short walk to restaurants, shops, etc.. Also small local park with views across the bay of the city of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. Staff was friendly, no complaints. The "lodge" has a very nice outdoor seating area with fireplace and comfortable seating. Self serve parking. I am not sure the term "lodge" fits, that seems a stretch. If you had an old Howard Johnson Inn, with a very small elevator (too small to fit a luggage cart and 2 people) sent my wife up while I ran up the steps to meet her on the 3rd floor. Oh, I forgot the "lodge" has no bell staff. I did get to the third floor as my wife was attempting to get the wedged in luggage cart off the elevator (didn't hear the end of it though). Anyway, if you gutted the old motel/ hotel and nicely upgraded the rooms, lobby, and outdoor areas that is what you have here. Think it is overpriced for what it is, but its Tiburon, and it is the only "lodge" in town. Suggest you let your wife/ significant other go first to the room and send the elevator down for you and the luggage!! She might even give you a tip :)

Dear 1oldmanriver,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on The Lodge at Tiburon. I am glad to hear that you find the Lodge to be in a great location to many activities and that it suits you well for your travels to San Francisco. Also, I am happy to hear that my staff is able to provide friendly service during your stay. I do apologize that you did not have any assistance up to your room with your belongings. We do hope that you choose the Lodge to stay at in the future if you visit the Bay Area. If so please let me know and we would be happy to provide you with bell services to assist with your luggage up to the room at any time of your stay.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

The Lodge has a great staff, great restaurant on site, and still the best bed I have ever slept in. I prefer to stay here even when I have to be in the city the next day. Close location to the ferry is a good way to start the day.

Been staying here a few times a year over the past 5 years. Never a bad experience.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank loren w
sietse1472, General Manager at The Lodge at Tiburon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear loren w,
Thank you very much for your review on The Lodge at Tiburon. I appreciate your feedback and I am glad that you choose the Lodge to stay for your time in the Bay Area. I am happy to hear that our beds are able to suit you comfortably for your stay. I take great appreciation for having a staff that can accommodate our guests for a pleasant stay. Please let me know when you next visit the Bay Area and I would gladly assist with making your future reservations with The Lodge.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

After reading reviews we determined a 3rd story (top level) room was the best option and had a lovely king size bed with balcony overlooking the courtyard. Initially, I thought our room was too close to the elevator but found that it was actually the best location in regards to not hearing sounds from other adjacent rooms. We did use the hot tub and found it to be very clean and relaxing, as well as the pool. We had a late lunch in the Tavern and found the food to be very good indeed, the wine a bit on the expensive side but a good selection. I will agree with the reviewers on toilet paper/tissue quality (It really should be upgraded) as well as the showers. The showers were a pleasant surprise as typically you get "the Marin Drip" in hotels in the area. This was a powerful, but not needle-stinging powerful, shower. Note as well to close balcony doors when retiring as sounds echo tremendously in the courtyard. We rented bikes, available from the hotel, and enjoyed a coastal ride along the shore. Also did a bit of fishing off the pier with some luck :)

Room Tip: Book on the 3rd floor.