“Great Stay in a Great Place”

The Lodge at Tiburon
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tiburon
GreenLeadersSilver level
nashville
“Great Stay in a Great Place”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

After visiting Muir Woods, and the Costal Redwoods, which you should not miss, my wife and I moved on to Tiburon for our last evening in the San Francisco area. The hotel is boutique-ish, as far as it is a simple motel style lodge. This is greatly enhanced by fantastic gathering areas, including open air cafe seats out front, a fire pit in the courtyard, and very nice landscaping. It was a very pleasant stay (in a fairly simple room with a nice vaulted ceiling). The town of Tiburon is about the most pleasant place we have ever visited. Incredible views, very fun restaurants, super clean and landscaped all over. Everyone at the lodge was very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Atlanta, GA
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,932 helpful votes
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We made an impromptu visit to Tiburon and booked our room here at the last minute online while relaxing on the patio at Domaine Carneros. What a find! It is a 5 minute stroll from the waters edge, shopping, dining and wine tasting rooms. The property is in immaculate condition with beautiful stacked stone and fire features, a large pool with spa, a reading room with fireplace, outdoor dining, and secure parking. The staff is awesome and took care of us from the moment we walked in the door. They went beyond the call of duty when it was time to leave. We had a rental car and expected to pay the Golden Gate toll with cash as we crossed southbound. They informed us that cars are now scanned (no cash) and Hertz dropped the ball by giving us a car without the toll bar code. The front desk here arranged for us online a one-time use pass and we breezed across the bridge. This place knows customer service! We love Tiburon and when we return we will stay here at The Lodge.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GuyFromAtlanta_GA
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I last stayed here a decade ago and it was a lot different. Hotel remodeling has made it much more modern. Room was much brighter than last time. Nice hotel restaurant and swimming pool. Great location in Tiburon. Staff was friendly

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sacramento
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We recently booked a couple of nights at this lodge because everything in the city was booked up and we decided to try something different. I'm really glad we did and we will do it again. The hotel is really nice. I really enjoy staying at a place where the grounds are maintained so nicely. I love all the little water features and planter and fire pits. The room was also very nice, plenty big and had a small refrigerator, which is such a nice bonus to have. But I have to say it was the staff that really set this place apart. From the first contact to the last everyone was wonderful and accommodating. We decided to have coffee in the room the first day, the coffee is great by the way. Unfortunately they don't provide real cream or milk (room for improvement), so I went to the front desk to inquire about getting some. I was directed to the attached restaurant (Tiburon Tavern). I approached the gentlemen at the hostess area. He was so kind and went right in the back and got me a cup of half and half, no charge, and with a smile. This place is also pet friendly and we'll bring a couple of our dogs next time. Parking is provided too, another bonus over staying in the city and the town is just so quaint and wonderful. I really didn't want to leave this Tiburon, such a lovely town and the lodge is the perfect place to stay. I can't wait for our next visit.
If I could offer a suggestion it would be to provide real milk or cream in the room for the coffee. The coffee is so wonderful and is fair trade, it seems a crime to put that terrible fake creamer in it. There is a refrigerator already in the room, it would be easy to have a few real creams in a small bowl inside of it.

Green Features: I love the fair trade coffee provided. It was delicious.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sausalito
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a great experience I had at The Lodge at Tiburon. It started by a friendly greeting at the front desk, with the General Manager, Sietse, somehow accommodating my request for lodging at the last minute during a very busy weekend, and the friendly and efficient service continued throughout my stay. I had a housekeeper, Davi, I believe, offer to bring a luggage cart to my car, and Max, the evening front desk agent, went out of her way to help with my late-night requests. The room was spacious and spotless, and the bed was extremely comfortable. For the value, you can't beat it. I'll be back, and I'll tell my friends and colleagues to put the Lodge on the top of their list when staying in Tiburon. Thank you for a terrific stay!!

Green Features: Great bathroom amenities, very gentle and environmental friendly.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Santa Clara
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently visited the Lodge at Tiburon for a one night stay to enjoy Marin County. The room with 2 queen beds was functional and the quality of the bedding was better than average. The main advantage for this hotel is the location - which is walking distance from the bay. We walked to the lovely dinner and breakfast places nearby. Their local restaurant - Tiburon Tavern seemed popular but we didn't get a chance to dine there.

The town of Tiburon was quaint and cute. We picked up a historical map of the city, available near Main Treat/Sam's Anchor Cafe and kids had fun identifying places based on the map. A walk by the coast of Tiburon was one of the highlights of the trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MomOfThing1Thing2
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

A lovely hotel on the Main Street of Tiburon. A major plus is the downstairs bar and restaurant with large outdoor dining area. Pool was heated - good on a cool spring evening. Free parking for guests.

Pros
Good service
Great restaurant and bar
Quiet and calm
Nice swimming pool and jacuzzi

Cons
Tiburon is a bit dull

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ste7en
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tiburon
Waters Edge Hotel
Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point
#2 of 4 in Sausalito
Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area

Been to The Lodge at Tiburon? Share your experiences!